Dturbo smoke on boost that bad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dturbo smoke on boost that bad?
Well ive been tuning the bosch pump on my xsara the last few days and had it just right so there was no black smoke on boost. Then today i did the lda mod of removin the plastic washer and turning the pin to the more aggressive side. Took it for a spin and its slightly smokin on boost now. And i can hear the turbo spinnin more. Heard this is bad for the turbo and egt's will be crazy high. This true or will it be ok? Thanks in advance.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
You want a SLIGHT haze on full boost. Nothing more.

So thats in 3rd, or 4th if possible, flat out. (Good to have a passenger to help!)
If its clear then, I would say you need to control it better with your right foot.

Otherwise, up your boost a little or decrease the fuel a little till it clears.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I screwed the max fuel back out about a 1/8 of a turn. Ill fit a boost gauge 2moro and see is it the wastegate or fueling thats limiting boost.

Would you call a slight haze being just about able to see it in the passenger side mirror or that too much?

Thanks given by:
When are you getting the slight haze/smoke at the mo?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
it smokes at full trottle up through the gears. And if i rev it fully in nuetral it smokes.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smoke off boost Iaitoo 9 2,718 24-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,959 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax
  Smoke on boost Curt 51 9,862 02-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: silverzx