Mot/ lowering springs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mot/ lowering springs
Been told if your car is lowered it goes down as a advisory now on your mot. Is this true from people who's mot there car over last couple of weeks?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is true indeed, however there is some tester discretion involved normally.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you anyway, advisories are fine Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Only if you have a picky MOT tester. Most peoples lowered cars have gone through MOT's with no advisory about suspension, but I know of a few that have. Also, if he does decide to be a cock about it then its only an advisory so wont make any difference to pass/fail.

However, I think it is a fail if they consider the suspension to be dangerously low, i.e very low ground clearance, tyres rubbing arches on full lock, etc.
Thanks given by:
these new rules are f*cking stupid
Thanks given by:
Mine was MOT'd last week and i got no advisories for being lowered.. I did however get an advisory for having side skirts fitted.. they're standard though o.0
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Mine was MOT'd last week and i got no advisories for being lowered.. I did however get an advisory for having side skirts fitted.. they're standard though o.0
I think its something about them not being ableto see whats behind them
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine failed once as they couldnt get it on the ramp to test it!
Thanks given by:
ben306 Wrote:Mine failed once as they couldnt get it on the ramp to test it!

That is amusing Smile
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Mine was MOT'd last week and i got no advisories for being lowered.. I did however get an advisory for having side skirts fitted.. they're standard though o.0
That's not a new thing though, heard of that plenty of times before the new regs came in
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Same bloke MOT'd my car last year and it wasn't put down as an advisory then
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:
That's not a new thing though, heard of that plenty of times before the new regs came in

Yup...they cant see your rusty sills.....

You also get advisories for child seats as they can't test seatbelts....same sort of thing.

As said though, advisories are pointless anyway.....I always got 'oil leak' on mine...well obviously, it IS a peugeot lol! lol
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Same bloke MOT'd my car last year and it wasn't put down as an advisory then
Im sure the hundreds of mot's hes done since he cant remember what he put down for advisories
But its nothing new
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine didn't have an advisory for being lowered, but then again its still like a monster truck haha.
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Mine didn't have an advisory for being lowered, but then again its still like a monster truck haha.

He also probably felt sorry for you for having to sail around in a 406.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
mine didnt get an advisory for being lowered and i told the bloke not to rip the splitter off on his ramp
was MOT'd last week
Thanks given by:
mines next sat but andy is cool when it comes to mine....a previous car i had, had to be jacked up to get it on the ramp....20 mins later on the ramp for the MOT lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
MOT fwiend!! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Lol thanks. My uncle was saying my cousin for a advisory for his coilovers last week as its lowered. But it's only lowered 30mm and it's a Astra sxi which are 20mm standard so what's the point. My uncle was saying he's got to declare them to insurance now they're on mot. Place I usually take mine are ok though.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by: