pump change guide lucas to Bosch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pump change guide lucas to Bosch
HI all. Sorted myself a Bosch pump to replace my ill Lucas. Can anyone give me some info about changing it over. What I need to change and most importantly how to time it. Many thanks will
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfiyZzhIfM
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ahh that's brillIant cheers!!!!
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 06:06 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Ahh that's brillIant cheers!!!!

no probs . . . the guy who did it is a Moderator on here . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ohh right wicked. Used the info form his stage 1 tgning vid to get me started!!
Thanks given by:
ive just caught video aswell , saved link for future reference
Thanks given by:
well, I'm in a kind of a pickle...

watched the vid, searched the forum for any information on the Lucas to Bosch wiring...
found a lot of information like:
- blue (3-pin) plug, forget about it...
- black (4-pin) plug, only use the red wire, connect it to 1 or both wires that go to the Solenoid...

all of the pictures I see of a Bosch pump, is that it has only 1 connector, a black (3-pin) connector...

but...

what if: my Bosch pump (original from a Xantia) had 3 connectors on it...?!?
a brown 3-pin, a blue 3-pin and a black 4-pin connector...!!!

so my original connectors I can put right in to place,
but what about the brown connector on the Bosch pump...?!?

found a google picture of the Xantia Bosch pump:
this pump looks a little different from the ones that I see here on pictures on the forum...

top is a brown 3-pin connector with 2 wires, black and brown, go to the bottom end of the pump.
middle is the black 4-pin connector. my original cable from the car fits in perfectly,
bottom is the blue 3-pin connector, same as the black one, from car fits perfect!

[Image: X2_TD_01b2.jpg]

what the hell do I connect to the brown connector? or do I just try the 'only red wire to solenoid' idea?
Thanks given by:
wrong pump mate, advance is controlled by ecu, no good for our cars . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
you have got to be shitting me...!!!
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 11:37 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: you have got to be shitting me...!!!

nope, it's been said on here many times, sorry to break the bad news . . .
Thanks given by:
sooooo...

the expensive Bosch KCA17S92 175bar injectors that came with this pump are also no good...?!?

my god, I'm freeking out here...!
Thanks given by:
right i just read it again and that's not a picture of your pump, . . .that black wired connection of top of the pump, if you have that then it's no good . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
F*CK!

it's not a picture of my pump, but I've got the same one, including 'that black wired connection on top of the pump'...

*crying right now...*
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 11:43 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: F*CK!

it's not a picture of my pump, but I've got the same one, including 'that black wired connection on top of the pump'...

*crying right now...*

sorry to hear that mate, how much you pay for your pump? they're pretty cheap over here, i think injectors will be ok though, if they have a wire on them just snip it off . .
Thanks given by:
150,- euro's, thats 124,- pounds...

injectors don't have a wire to them, and wasn't on the Xantia engine from where I puled the pump off...

the problem is: it's hard to get a Bosch pump, there is no one in Holland who is selling these pumps on the internet,
I was so exited when I found one... LOL

just watched a vid (looked like it was from Darren) with my pump on a 306 XUD, it did the yob, but wasn't perfect...

I know that I should have bought the right one, but now I'm stuck, and the car should have bin ready by the weekend...
so don't think anything of it, I'm just a little stubborn... I'm gonna fit my pump, gonna wanna see how it runs...
without the ECU, sensors and shit, maybe my 'electronic computer nerd friend' knows a way to send a signal to the electronic controlled pump,
that will allow the advanced timing shizzle to move when I rev the engine...
(like maybe take the signal for the rev-meter that go's to my dash or something...)

any good...?
Thanks given by:
(18-04-2014, 12:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 150,- euro's, thats 124,- pounds...

injectors don't have a wire to them, and wasn't on the Xantia engine from where I puled the pump off...

the problem is: it's hard to get a Bosch pump, there is no one in Holland who is selling these pumps on the internet,
I was so exited when I found one... LOL

just watched a vid (looked like it was from Darren) with my pump on a 306 XUD, it did the yob, but wasn't perfect...

I know that I should have bought the right one, but now I'm stuck, and the car should have bin ready by the weekend...
so don't think anything of it, I'm just a little stubborn... I'm gonna fit my pump, gonna wanna see how it runs...
without the ECU, sensors and shit, maybe my 'electronic computer nerd friend' knows a way to send a signal to the electronic controlled pump,
that will allow the advanced timing shizzle to move when I rev the engine...
(like maybe take the signal for the rev-meter that go's to my dash or something...)

any good...?

i wouldn't want to be the one trying to make it work i'll put it that way lol . . . i would think you'd be better off with the Lucas than fitting that semi-ecu pump to be quite honest . .
Thanks given by:
what I don't understand, is what would be so different...

that black thingy on top of the pump, is directly above my gas leaver...
those wires go to a blue socket, where I can put my standard blue 3-pin connector in...
the black 4-pin socket goes to the stop-solenoid, so that should work fine to, right?
the only think I can't connect, is the brown 3-pin socket, from witch only 2 wires are on it,
witch both go to the bottom side of the pomp, to some sort of sensor...

must be using the search function on the forum incorrectly,
but I can't find any text on whats what on my pump,
or what does en doesn't work on my later model pump...

aren't we all gonna laugh our pants off when it does work,
when I only insert the blue and black connector directly to the pump...? Tongue

but if this shizzle doesn't work at all, maybe anyone here could send me the right pump,
because I don't think I'm gonna find the right one here in Holland...
all I see around here is the Lucas pump everywhere I go...!!!
Thanks given by:
it controls the advance timing, i don't know of anyone who's managed to get one of those pumps to work on our cars so i can't really help you other than what i've said . .Smile
Thanks given by:
The thing on the throttle arm is just a throttle position sensor, it tells the ecu how much throttle you are requesting, the ecu is also monitoring the injectors hence the wire on one of them. The pump will run but probably not make any power atall. Would be a waste of time fitting it.

Im not 100% on any of the above except dont waste your time.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine was all manual operated and just to update got it all fitted this weekend and running better than ever and on veggie!!
Thanks given by:
thats some great news! sorry for hijacking your tread, tho...

btw, can't figure out why we in Holland don't drive veggie...
Thanks given by:
Nah it's cool! The more people it helps the better
Thanks given by:
sorry, wrong topic... Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump cap carlukepeugeot 7 3,741 19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,418 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,981 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM