HELP Hdi wont stop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP Hdi wont stop
Okay so made some progress with this today. The car died on me as the mechaic redone one of the earths and stretched it far too tight and it snapped. So new earth lead on and it started again.

Next problem being how to get it stopping by the key.

Checked all the wiring across the front crossmember - nothing. Checked the relay plugs - nothing. Then decided to have a look under the steering cowling as it smelt a bit burnt from there. Found no obvious melting but took the ignition barrell out. We then split the switch from the barrel and reconnected the switch to the car and operated it with a screwdriver and low and behold it started and stopped perfectly normally. Next thing to do was rebuild it and plugged it in and tried it with the key, again started and stopped no problem.

BUT... when i put the cowling etc all back on it didnt work, then it did, then it didnt. So i am assuming the switch is just worn so i am going to try get another tomorrow to try but im getting there
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So this is seemingly fixed, someone had soldered a wire into the ign live for something (dont know what yet) which must be shorted somewhere causing the permanent live.

When i have it connected the car wont stop but i simply disconnected it and all is good.
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by: