Car over revving

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car over revving
Driving along tonight when the car started over revving and idling at around 2000 revs or more, car continuously revs as if I have my foot on the pedal.. Have been told it may be to do with the turbo on it's way out? But I am about to run out of fuel and there was no where open.. So thought the car could be starving itself of fuel and over revving? Not 100% sure so if any help at all could be given would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Thanks given by:
Could be an air leak. It's quite common for then to leak around the fuel filter housing m. Spray some brake cleaner around that area while it's running if the revs change then you have a leak. Also around the pump and lines. When it revs up due to turbo GENERALLY speaking you would get more revs and blue smoke out the back constantly. Ps fill with fuel first.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Pop off an intercooler pipe and see if theres oil in there.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Turbo seals possibly started leaking
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help.. Filled her with diesel and started and ran fine.. So not sure what had been the problem? must have been starving herself of fuel.. Gave her a full service today as that was my original weekend plan anyway so hopefuly she didn't give any more bother!
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it was something it was something simple.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
well my old dturbo used to do that, i would be sitting at a set of lights and it would rev to around 2000rpm. bu only on the odd occation. i didnt think it was much, (dodgy throttle cable or summin). but then that one day came when the car revved its tits off because the oil seals in the turbo went and started to run on its own oil. so i wouldnt put your all your cards on being just a fuel problem just yet, if the turbo starts whining then you know its your turbo and get it replace asap, or else you could risk f***ing your engine up.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gov mod pump but keeps revving itself sparkyboi001 13 4,385 15-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: sparkyboi001