Diesel additives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel additives
Anyone add any additives or out to their diesel fuel ? Also is supermarkets fuel **** ?
Thanks given by:
only trade freebies !! won some competition and got a box full of some mad unknown brand that they want me to be a guinea-pig for !!!

however I have a 10 year old bottle of redex diesel that I splash in now and again......
Thanks given by:
Bit of 2 stroke now and again wouldnt hurt. Personally on our old motors ive always seen that stuff as a bit of a gimmick (as in it doesnt work)

Although on the subject a mate at work told me he just bought some industrial stuff for lorrys and bus's, tiny little bottle does 300litres of fuel and hes going to put it in his landy lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I add 200ml of two stroke to a tank of fuel it helps improve mpg and it quiet down the engine Wink
Thanks given by:
Try searching for Cetane Booster and weigh up if you think it's worth it or not. Some of the diesel injector cleaners list they have it in them and I swear I've noticed a difference when I've put a bottle in to a quarter tank instead of the recommended full one.
Thanks given by:
you know ive heard about this 2 stroke thing but it just sounds dogey tbh and I might try the millers stuff just gives me a reason to go run it more haha

is shells additives package better than say Morrison's rite ? is it worth it for the penniesDodgy
Thanks given by:
Dont, repeat, dont use Redex. Awful stuff. A lot of injector failures traced to use of redex.

Centane booster is good stuff, as is a little 2stroke oil.

Forte injector cleaner is ace stuff too.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Isnt redex just a top end lubricant? I find it hard to believe a liquid in a bottle watered down by the whole tank of fuel your spose to put it in, with can make a noticable difference to your cars running Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I usually use the Millers additive with BP/Esso branded fuel but I'm considering adding a bottle of system cleaner from Halfords as I'm not sure how the car was driven before I got it and I think it's better safe than sorry - is there any one people would recommend ?
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 05:48 PM)jack123sand Wrote: you know ive heard about this 2 stroke thing but it just sounds dogey tbh and I might try the millers stuff just gives me a reason to go run it more haha

is shells additives package better than say Morrison's rite ? is it worth it for the penniesDodgy

nothing dodgy about 2 stroke mate, listen up and learn . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
2nd this!!
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 09:21 PM)cully Wrote: I add 200ml of two stroke to a tank of fuel it helps improve mpg and it quiet down the engine Wink

In a hdi?
Might have to try next time i fill up
Thanks given by:
yes in a HDI Wink
Thanks given by:
The car loves abit of 2-stroke, quietens down the injectors and helps with cold starts IMO.

Only other additive I would consider is Forte, don't trust anything else on the market.
Thanks given by: