Opinions please, is HG on it's way out?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions please, is HG on it's way out?
Question 
XUD obviously, coolant isn't pressurising but she uses quite a lot of coolant, couple of litres in last week or two, the oil breather which is disconnected emits like steam and same from dipstick hole if you remove dipstick, she's always used a little coolant in the 4 years i've had her but it's getting worse now, no coolant leaks that i can see anywhere . . .

so what's the verdict? i'm not too worried, if it's HG i'll just get a bigger turbo whacked on at the same time and that one knackered glowplug drilled out of the head . .lol

cheers cockas . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Similar symptoms to when mine went, found the gasket broken leaking exhaust gas into the oil way in head hence pressurizing the oil/breathet system

So yeah id defo say HG
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like HG to me dude. Definitely no leaks anywhere?

I'll give you a hand if I can Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
yeah i agree guys, i don't have time to do it these days full time dad of two boys and working evenings, will let my mechanic mate do it for me, thanks for the offer though Liam, 2 more years and youngest will be at nursery, that's when my in depth tinkering can continue . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Anytime bro Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Is it blowing bubbles in the coolant?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine used to loose water, ignored it gradually got worse and started over heating

Just keep an eye on it but does seem it's on the way out

If you want a hand or want me to do it you give me a shout Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 01:38 PM)Tom Wrote: Is it blowing bubbles in the coolant?
not really no . . . .
(12-04-2014, 02:55 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Mine used to loose water, ignored it gradually got worse and started over heating

Just keep an eye on it but does seem it's on the way out

If you want a hand or want me to do it you give me a shout Smile

i've been keeping my eye on it for last 3/4 years lol . . getting quite bad now.
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt worry about it until your over heating or pressurising (blowing bubbles)

Water leaks are dead hard to find unless they're quite big. My xud used to use loads but a tiny split in a hose and a pin hole in the expansion tank and a nackered water pump, i never noticed them but i knew it was losing it somewhere. I wouldnt be so sure of headgasket until you have something a bit more substantial.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 03:30 PM)Tom Wrote: I wouldnt worry about it until your over heating or pressurising (blowing bubbles)

Water leaks are dead hard to find unless they're quite big. My xud used to use loads but a tiny split in a hose and a pin hole in the expansion tank and a nackered water pump, i never noticed them but i knew it was losing it somewhere. I wouldnt be so sure of headgasket until you have something a bit more substantial.

so what's your theory for the steaming then? . . Smile
Thanks given by:
I dont really have a theory for it, My old sigma used to steam/smoke from the breather on the catch can all the time when it was upto temperature, i thought it was normal tbh lol. Im not saying its definately not your headgasket on the way out, im just saying dont jump the gun until you have something a bit more solid, a bit of steam is no reason to go and spend all that money. No point doing anything until the running of the car is being effected... All imo of course Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 08:32 PM)Tom Wrote: I dont really have a theory for it, My old sigma used to steam/smoke from the breather on the catch can all the time when it was upto temperature, i thought it was normal tbh lol. Im not saying its definately not your headgasket on the way out, im just saying dont jump the gun until you have something a bit more solid, a bit of steam is no reason to go and spend all that money. No point doing anything until the running of the car is being effected... All imo of course Smile

yeah cheers mate, all that coolant is going somewhere though, car still pulls great and not overheating, thing is though at this rate i could have paid for HG to be done all the coolant i'm paying for . .lol
Thanks given by: