Appealing parking ticket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appealing parking ticket
Woke up to a parking ticket this morning on the zr since I couldn't park on the land out the back of the house because other cars have started parking down there along with a obviously crashed car that was abandoned before christmas time, which is now covered in mould inside
Landlord said months ago that he was going to sort out permits for us for the back alley we park in but he never did and I didn't mind but now it's become a problem he's not answering. He also said he'd sort out the corsa but never did and the police wont tow it because its not been reported stolen.
The streets around us have apparently turned to permit owners only parking now which I didn't realise when I parked a few metrers from the alley I park in

I want to appeal because I don't feel its fair I should pay £35 when someone has taken my parking space . Red is my space, blue is where I got ticket

How would be the best way to appeal? They have an email address but any tips from previous appealers?
Also how can I get rid of the corsa?
[Image: IMAG1391.jpg]
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
As you were parked in a permit only zone I don't think you'll get out of it unfortunately.

As for the corsa, call the scrapyard to collect it unless the owner comes back lol.
Thanks given by:
Private or council ticket?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Drag the Corsa out into the street, (like right in the middle where you would drive) leave it there, Police will take care of the rest.
Thanks given by:
I'd be getting a tow rope out late at night and pulling the corsa out of your space personally...

As for the appeal, probably little way out.

Council are thieving b*stards when it comes to tickets.

Edit:

(11-04-2014, 03:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Drag the Corsa out into the street, (like right in the middle where you would drive) leave it there, Police will take care of the rest.

Beat me too it!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
id get a few pals and drag that corsa out, see if its insured still and taxed, if not then dvla will take it from there, or better still grass it to dvla! they will clamp it then it will get cubed!
Thanks given by:
It's a council ticket, they've only recently made the place I parked a permit only location so I didn't think about it

Just checked, the corsa isn't insured or taxed

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
If it's not taxed or insured and not on the public road its perfectly legal so nothing the DVLA can do about it tbh...

You could ask the DVLA who owns it, not sure how easily they'd give the info though! Then you could just get it scrapped if the current owner doesn't want it...
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 03:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If it's not taxed or insured and not on the public road its perfectly legal so nothing the DVLA can do about it tbh...

yes there is, they can still contact the registered keeper and threaten with prosocution as if its not taxed it has to be decalered SORN
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 04:13 PM)swampy Wrote:
(11-04-2014, 03:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If it's not taxed or insured and not on the public road its perfectly legal so nothing the DVLA can do about it tbh...

yes there is, they can still contact the registered keeper and threaten with prosocution as if its not taxed it has to be decalered SORN

This.
No matter what, the council are going to charge you and laugh at an appeal as really, your still in the wrong for parking in a space you don't have a permit for however i would be paying it then charging it to your landlord because he hasn't sorted his shit out (just deduct it from the next rent bill!)
As for the corsa, phone DVLA and explain it has been dumped and put in a request for the log book. Soon as you have that (will take weeks mind!), scrap it your self.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
How do you know it's not SORN...?
Thanks given by:
You haven't got much hope with that parking ticket dude, sorry. And dom't just deduct it from your next rent, that's how you get black marks on your credit history. Rolleyes

As with the corsa, roll it on onto the road as suggested, job done.

Do you have an allocated parking space or does the land belong to the house..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As Niall said, take it out of your rent and back it up with a letter through the letting agency (if you have one). Nothing encourages action from a landlord than a few quid missing from the greedy bastards pockets.

As for the Corsa, does it have any sharp edges as a result of the crash damage?

I've had a result before from phoning the police non-emergency number when someone was blocking access to our garage. The police phoned the registered keeper and he came and moved it! (Would have gone and found the owner but live in a cul-de-sac and it wasn't a car I recognised).
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 07:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: Do you have an allocated parking space or does the land belong to the house..?

It's just land that's meant to be for residents of a couple of houses the landlord owns which was fine until they turned all of the area into permit onlys so people keep parking down there. The landlord said months ago he was tired of people doing it so was going to get a permit system made up for us but never did and so people just keep on parking there...
I would have applied for a proper permit but I had no idea the area was getting changed over until someone stole my space and I had no where to park

I can't withhold any rent since I paid off the last of it a little while ago to get it done and out of the way so to speak.
How would I get the log book? This corsa is weird it's full of random stuff like boxes of washing power and dust masks but one of the doors looks like it was crowbar'd open and the front passenger side headlight is smashed up

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 12:19 PM)lolsteve Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 07:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: Do you have an allocated parking space or does the land belong to the house..?

It's just land that's meant to be for residents of a couple of houses the landlord owns which was fine until they turned all of the area into permit onlys so people keep parking down there. The landlord said months ago he was tired of people doing it so was going to get a permit system made up for us but never did and so people just keep on parking there...
I would have applied for a proper permit but I had no idea the area was getting changed over until someone stole my space and I had no where to park

I can't withhold any rent since I paid off the last of it a little while ago to get it done and out of the way so to speak.
How would I get the log book? This corsa is weird it's full of random stuff like boxes of washing power and dust masks but one of the doors looks like it was crowbar'd open and the front passenger side headlight is smashed up

Maybe it's unlocked, even easier to roll out of the way Wink
Thanks given by:
You can appeal if the signage is inadequate or confusing.

Normally signs can be on entry into an area or next to the parking bay which also has to be properly marked out. There is rules on how these have to be provided so if you can show that you entered the area where no signs were provided or missing on the bay you parked you should win.

It costs nothing to appeal and stops the clock on the ticket so will still recieve the reduction if you appeal in time.
I would also add that due to the council introduction of the permit parking local residents have been parking on your private land leaving you to park elsewhere away from your residence.
They could use there discretion and let you off with the ticket on these grounds alone.

I have appealed all my tickets and have been more successful than not so go for it
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 08:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: How do you know it's not SORN...?

it would come up when he ran the reg through dvla tom, but still sorned or unlicenced, if the lads move it on to the road, and grass the car to dvla, it will be dealt with.
Thanks given by:
Landlord phoned today and said the corsa is a right bother because it's on private land (his) and in order for him to tow it he has to put a sign on asking the owner to move it for a few weeks before he can have it towed. I offered to help him push it but he ignored me... He should have gotten this sorted months ago when it first appeared rather than waiting til a month before I move out
He also said if I include a utility bill with my name on showing that I live so close to where I got a ticket and I was never given a permit or the opportunity for one / told there would be permits added to the area I should be able to get away with it

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  epic parking fail :( daniel909 25 4,608 08-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Last Post: toseland
  PUGF3ST TICKET FOR SALE ADV_93 2 804 09-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  Pugfest camping ticket going.. Sian 11 1,364 07-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Sian