P3 - Unlocking Itself Randomly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P3 - Unlocking Itself Randomly?
A few times recently I've found my P3 unlocked in the morning, when I know for a fact I locked it (deadlocked on the blipper). I can only assume it is randomly unlocking itself.

Is this likely to be the usual drivers door loom? Would Peugeot Planet pick up the issue on a BSI ECU scan?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced random unlocking...

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Only experienced this when my mate had my spare key I thought I'd lost. Took me two weeks to realise they unlocked it everytime haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Lol Matt. lol

As for the random unlocking, not experienced it, but have heard about it a few times. Likely to be the door loom...unless you park right near your house and are pressing the button in your pocket by accident haha.

PP may not detect it. On one of mine theres a major central locking issue (drivers door is completely separate from other doors, except when locking with the key in it! Confused ) and PP has found nothing wrong there...
Thanks given by:
I had this on my Ph1, was indeed door loom, I just kept it unlocked for a while til I got round to fixing and if I had to pop to shop etc id take my German shepherd as a door lock haha
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. Going to have a look at the door loom this weekend - come to think of it sometimes the interior light doesn't come on when I open the drivers door which points more and more to the loom..
Thanks given by:
Interior light won't be loom, if u open the door and look by the loom you'll see a little black switch that's for the light, when it's sticking out lights on, when it's in its off, you'll see what I mean lol
Thanks given by:
On a phase 3? I thought the door switches were built into the door lock.
Thanks given by:
This usually only opens if something is not closed properly like a door or the boot. But usually happens straight away
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 09:41 AM)Tom85 Wrote: On a phase 3? I thought the door switches were built into the door lock.

it is!
and yes it uses the same switch in the lock to control the curtusy light

so its probably the door loom unless the door is not latching on its second click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,267 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Ecu Unlocking? Can anyone recommend? Chris1357 2 959 19-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Chris1357
  Alarm Randomly Sounding Choppin 2 1,356 22-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Choppin