Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
(29-10-2018, 04:36 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Top work dude Big Grin
Cheers dude. Had to make a slight revision after realising the design wouldn't support the weight of the turbo. Guys at work have dubbed it the 'killer k' because its stupidly overkill. M16 rod ends and 16mm bar [emoji2369][emoji23][Image: 5240c0637d2524d164ddcd11240c33c4.jpg][Image: c8b46c30cc0aef7f6d1b4ae8f0d73a0a.jpg]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
It looks great and well made Smile I suppose if you needed extra support (if space allows) you could use a plate that sits inbetween the turbo and manifold, you would then pick up all four mounting bolt holes and could still use the rose joint setup.

Well done though mate, much better than the first version.
Thanks given by:
One step forwards and two steps back. Went to fit the bracket tonight and the additional arm conflicts with the manifold [emoji24] ended up chopping it of and everything lines up spot on again so just gotta pray that original design gives enough support. Gotta love late nights after work[Image: 98ca5c5f6008f9b53dd5697f78ec4f0a.jpg][Image: ecb0c69268726a36c580bb2734cbf1f6.jpg][Image: 7b852187a80a838368df58ae705f72a8.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Well im happy to report the mount seems to be doing its job!! Finally made it to college on my 100 mile round trip without snapping the turbo bracket off... Twice!

On some even better news remapped the car up to her final level at long last.
[Image: 68c2346f3b59a06d2a60e073f406f766.jpg]
Had a few hit and miss issues with various different 1.6 hdi fps's causing the car to flag faults so ended up abandoning the map for abit to run her in at roughly 160bhp whilst ironing out all the new engine faults.

Pleased to say Jordan Gleeson managed to sort me out a known working second hand fps which went in tonight along with the new map file.
Projected gains from the map are sposed to be within the 180/200bhp ball park and shes yet to be officially rolling roaded but my god she feels different. Im actually happy to say the car finally scares me (hope that means I'll stip driving like a dick now!)
Specs on the map are a 950 idle to iron out vibration, 3k launch control and 4.75k popcorn limiter.
The maps got the exhaust temps much more under controll now. Still no issues with back pressure either.

Hoping that now this thread will finally be about tye clean up the car needs!

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Great news well done Smile Who did you use for mapping in the end? Bet it's great fun driving it now.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2018, 08:28 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Great news well done Smile Who did you use for mapping in the end? Bet it's great fun driving it now.
If i put up where i got the map from im gonna get torn into by a few individuals [emoji53] the map was produced originally for someone else's car by an extremely reputable mapper everyone knows. Its not actually dialed in for the vnt but instead the 52s but it seems to be responding extremely well. Of course that also means the chance for further improving later on

Cars still running extremely well so began doing small interior tidy up bits. Finally found the source of my dead heater blower which turned out to be the plug itself for the relay having melted.

Made a start last night on the door cards aswell. Covered tyem in suede a few times and it just fades to white in the end so settled for something a little more mental
[Image: 0540c59dd8b05aa8e9a147a3d0e7c40f.jpg][Image: 1ab39c5d0e7a8931145d8c992364b615.jpg]
Im honestly not even sure these will look right for the car [emoji23] still got two more door cards left, a ph1 center consope without the keypad and a gear gater to make

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
wow that material is mad. Not sure its going to suit it though!
Thanks given by:
make the seat inserts in it, and you'll have a unique look!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I like it man. Why not?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbf its not tooooo bad once in. Got the ph1 tray back in and lashed some material ontop of an original gator. Still waiting on card clips and some small self tapers to put the door cards on[Image: 55e387bf33b9b892da55e67f9ff995dc.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
That looks pretty cool!
Thanks given by:
inverting the speakers is a good idea. The depth is never great on 306s!
Thanks given by:
I think it looks great, very unique Smile
Thanks given by:
Love that material, looks amazing. Engine bay is looking really smart too, I actually like the copper coil, neatly done.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well shits happened yet again. Friday night lost all gears on a downshift. Long story short, sunday was tear down day and surely enough the center of the helix plate has torn out.
[Image: 0179ac8dd39ac9f9182aa7752a68eecf.jpg][Image: cf48bf6531d230ca97ea643f8adaebec.jpg]
Yet again it also seems the friction plate has also caught the guide tube for the thrust bearing [Image: 5105b92283ac9abe50875f73e36ad32d.jpg]
Contacted helix monday via phone who asked for pictures to be sent via email to try persue a warranty claim. They sounded as pretty gob smacked as i was finding this but did appear to want to help. Currently awaiting a response from them tho. Tbh im not sure why this has gone. Was driving normally that evening as was off to collect my daughter, made it 6 miles before it went. The input shaft was inspected for wear when i fitted the clutch, was run in for the 500mile as recommended on a lesser map. And to top it off the clutch has only done 2000mile since installation. Friction material, pressure plate and flywheel look barley worn in.
To say im guttered is an understatement and tbh i think helix response to a warranty claim could seal the fate of the car. Its costing me to much money and time. Could be time to grow up, let go and move on.
Temptation is to take a loan out and buy a ds3 (must be yellow!), either 1.6 hdi or petrol turbo and break the estate up to pay some of the loan off and fund nice wheels/suspension for the ds3.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear dude. Could aways go back to stage 2/low stage 3 power and hopefully would get less issues? Always worth buying a car out/keeping a car you know than getting a loan out for an unknown car.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2018, 12:57 PM)MY95 Wrote: Sorry to hear dude. Could aways go back to stage 2/low stage 3 power and hopefully would get less issues? Always worth buying a car out/keeping a car you know than getting a loan out for an unknown car.
Yeah i get that but when its as unreliable as this it genuinely might be best to get rid. Im at the stage of not wanting to spend no more money on it now. Its impractical, uncomfortable and expensive lol

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Ok, so ended up phoning helix up this afternoon.
Got a half knowledgeable guy speaking on the phone who wants the clutch plate in. Explained that if the angle of the input shaft is incorrect or worn that it would cause the splines to rip.
I personally dont see it as im certain nothing was caught between the box face and block (even went to the effort of removing over spray with a stanley blade), input shaft was inspected and was fine before installation and there was no play in the shaft.
I dont know if this is a slopey shoulders attempt or not atm.
Anyway his call was shortly followed up by a woman (tina) from the sales department.
[Image: ff8a65693c603375fcb81b8c95ec0425.jpg]
She picked up on the last conversation where i had mentioned i was using a luk cover plate and that had caused the issue due to lack of clamping force.. If anyone sees where this is going you'll find it as amusing as i did.
She stated it was imperative that i sent the pressure plate and then offered that they could make the correct pressure plate for a further £190 because they dont produce one for the car (other than that designed for there organic plates).
It took a while to explain to poor tina that had clutch slip been the issue i was calling for i may of still had the splines in the centre of there plate. She eventually saw my point and gave me the address to send the clutch to for inspection.
On a dim upside if the clutch plate is deemed not warranty they will charge me £25 to re-center it. I spose it could be alot worse...

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Feckin Nora, Helix are a decent make too. Just for the record, you are grown up you have an estate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2018, 06:29 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Feckin Nora, Helix are a decent make too. Just for the record, you are grown up you have an estate Big Grin
Yeahhhhhh thats pretty much what i said when i took it out. Think i need to get it dyno'd might have more of a monster than i think?
Haha cheers. Its just painful, had it 6 years and dont want to give up, but it feels like a hurdle in my life i just cant get over if that makes sense?

Anyway another question for the hdi lads. Has anyone had issues with clutches fouling the guide tube for the thrust bearing? Had this issue on my cg and now the helix. Spoken to a couple of people who have had to slice 2/3mm off the end and chamfer it?

Im wondering if clutch companies are making the center's to gti spec and just increasing the diameter? The hdi fly would only have to be 1/2mm thicker to effect the offset

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
if your struggling with gear boxes and clutches have a look at swapping to an ml6 from a 136hdi the stock clutch holds 320nm, the only problem is that its not cheep or quick but the box is good for 400nm ish.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2018, 04:40 PM)madmadmax Wrote: if your struggling with gear boxes and clutches have a look at swapping to an ml6 from a 136hdi the stock clutch holds 320nm, the only problem is that its not cheep or quick but the box is good for 400nm ish.
Do you have any idea whats involved in the conversion? Atm considering anything. In talks with a company who can produce clutchs with a center as tough as the input shaft. Issue is it will turn gearboxes into a sacricial piece. Will either kill the gears or input shaft with the stress being moved on to the next weakest component

(08-12-2018, 04:40 PM)madmadmax Wrote: if your struggling with gear boxes and clutches have a look at swapping to an ml6 from a 136hdi the stock clutch holds 320nm, the only problem is that its not cheep or quick but the box is good for 400nm ish.
Saying that ive just seen your stating nm so that still wouldnt cope with what im putting through it.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
END OF THE LINE

Given up on this and bought myself a 205 gti. Not the cleanest in the world but im now the proud owner of one. Of course all proceeds from big red will go into the restoration of the 205 so please buy away!!!
[Image: b3a423e5ca128bb6fdf9f21213d714cf.jpg]
Biggest thing i need sold asap is block and letting it go for peanuts to budge it.

2.0 hdi 8v headstud engine £250
2.0 hdi 8v, Proffesional head work (reciept), Arp head studs, Victor reinz mls headgasket, Gates cambelt kit and water pump, Crank pulley (new oem), Alternator, Aux tensioner (new), Injectors (seated not leaking)

Hdi-tuning ecu £100
Hdi tuning unlocked ecu, single pin plug and play. Currently mapped up to stage 3. Comes with all the maps ive ran in my 6 years. Thats stage 1, 2, 2 limited torque and stage 3 all compatible for this ecu.

Gt2052v turbo kit £500
Gt2052v vnt turbo kit. Compromised of custom gearbox relocation manifold, thermostat housing with heat exchanger removed, "active" support mount, mech vane control, 2.5" downpipe, torques_uk an4 braided oil feed with block adapter, An10 braided oil return, intake adapter 70mm with 25mm rocker breather pipes

Landrover modulars 4x108 £200
Disco modular steels, pcd redrill 4x108, 30mm front spacers included. Nankang ns2 tyres (1 a tad low but legal) peugeot partner center caps

5 door 306 bucket seats £100
Custom subframes to suit either seatbelt or harness, adjuster rails, black mamba seats in size fat boy. Lower seat cushions repaired underneath with cable ties.

Powerflex wishbones £100
Powerflex black series wishbones with good 18mm ball joints, painted silver

Intercooler £80
Big 3" core twinpass intercooler, 2.25" piping to suit current setup but can be adapted easily

Vibra tech mounting kit £100
Race grad vibratech full engine mounts with baker bm lower nylon fork mount

Xxr 527 £300
Brand new gloss black still boxed! 4x108, 4x100, 15" 8j et0

Door cards £50
Custom hawaiian print door cards, liturally just wrapped these

Ph1 center tray £30
Ph1 center tray without keypad! Rare as hens teeth, carpeted bit retrimed in hawaiian

306 lowering kit £200
Spax rs adjustable coilovers with custom rose joint topmounts to suit stock turrets, gaz gold rear adjustable dampers

Glowshift Diesel dials! £100
Imported from the states, genuine diesel 30psi boost gauge, dedicated exhaust back pressure gauge, exhaust temp gauge to 900 deg c. All piping and wiring harnesses included

Fiberglass bonnet £100
Fiber glass inner and outer skinned bonnet, daft vent remived and smoothed back in, internal heat reflective tape, aerocatch bonnet catches, pins uncut but maybe bent

Gear stick £25
Metal gear links with ebay quickshit handle and kode anodised red m10x1.5 gear knob

Steering wheel kit £70
Momo adapter with mazda eunos black steering wheel and horn blank

Tegiwa harness bar £100

Pair Luke red 4 point harnesses £50

Estate suede roof lining £20

106 Quick silver grab handles £20

Diablo dash trims £20

Ph 1 top glove box £20

306 cab black sunvisors (slightly shorter) £20

Gti6 splitter £30

Carbon fiber capped wing mirrors £30

Carbon skinned 5 door fuel cap £10

Ramairpro 70mm filter £15

Battery relocation leads £20

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,865 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,727 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Project Daily Wagon! Y418AKH HDI Estate JamesG 44 15,435 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: JamesG