Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
Have a look at other peugeot setups, I am sure the 806 has a short pipe meaning there will already be a top cap with the correct orientation for your needs Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Just had a look at some more parts. Was considering one of the piper reground cams to try hunt abit more power.
Anyone ever ran one of these?
Just wondering if it requires mapping or if it would run from the word go and also if anyone actually knows the difference between the two cams. (4bhp is the obvious answer [emoji23])

Pretty sure ive read somewhere these are like pissing in the wind tho

[Image: 64a0b1f50797c12fbf703622b4085e97.jpg][Image: b40137cdd09833ac4a6af261cc16eec2.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
They've been designed for a very specific build iirc, seem to remember they were commissioned by Lars to match a heavily ported head and gt25 sort of size turbo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Totally pointless, no doesn't require mapping, would only enable a lower boost pressure for the same amount of airflow which would be great if you were airflow restricted. I do find it rather hilarious that they claim an 8-12hp increase from the cams alone even though you could double the airflow through the engine and it'd not increase the power output by 0.1hp.

With modern turbocharging, you're not airflow restricted by any means, you're injection system restricted - if you want more airflow, fit a bigger, more modern turbocharger for half the cost. Spend your money in the fuel system or save it because you won't see any increase in power from more airflow.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
for £155 It would be worth the risk lol.
Thanks given by:
£155 better spent else where then

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Could possibly get a set of the Firad JTD nozzles for around that I think, would need the mapping done afterwards.
Thanks given by:
Nozzles? Didnt think there was any out there with the correct spray pattern?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Have a gander at this - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/#/topics/286125 it was a while ago but as far as I'm aware there is not much else...
Thanks given by:
Cant get the link to work. Just carries me over to the alfa forum desktop.
Think best port of call is gonna be asking hdi tuning as its gonna be his mapping skills i want at the end of all this to dial it in better. I'll ask him and see what his experience has been with injectors.
The current maps a dervtech and just too smokey tbh so the plans always been to get a hdi tunning map back on as it seems whippys dissapeared now.
Also got the perks of the new engine came with an ecu so will be sending it away to get unlocked and mapped so essientially i could move this setup from car to car no problem (future proofing for if i ever manage to get a place and space to buy a 505, rwd hdi [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] or if imz just a goon and plant the car in a ditch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Just found this on the 206 forum. Anyone aware wether this actually works and is the correct spray angle?
[Image: cccfec5cefe85c180e39bcb1695fee4a.jpg][Image: 4727c1d9c939b4c5e520c2d88a4b24d6.jpg][Image: 8e02762e26b71b16e9879adf6ca093a0.jpg]

Seems like these are close after some stats checking.

Stock hdi:
- Spray Angle 142°
- Hole Size 0.175mm
- Number Of Holes 5

"Mystery nozzle"
- Spray Angle 143°
- Hole Size 0.16mm
- Number Of Holes 8

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I've been wanting a set of those firad nozzles to play with for years... They aren't perfect, but they're as close as I've seen.

Those Cummins ones will flow mad amounts.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok so xmas stuff is bought and finally can start looking into buying parts to get this new engine built.

Hoping to get the head off early jan and skimmed to be safe but struggerling to find a headgasket as ive been told to go for a victor reinz and just cannot find one at all.

What brands of headgasket are recommended and valve stem seal?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2017, 07:11 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Ok so xmas stuff is bought and finally can start looking into buying parts to get this new engine built.

Hoping to get the head off early jan and skimmed to be safe but struggerling to find a headgasket as ive been told to go for a victor reinz and just cannot find one at all.

Just found the part number for the correct VR head gasket in the time it took me to have a poo.

61-35815-x0

X being the number of notches you would like, probably 3 which would be 61-35815-30.

There's literally about 20 of them for sale on everybody's favourite auction site.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2017, 07:18 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(20-12-2017, 07:11 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Ok so xmas stuff is bought and finally can start looking into buying parts to get this new engine built.

Just found the part number for the correct VR head gasket in the time it took me to have a poo.

61-35815-x0

X being the number of notches you would like, probably 3 which would be 61-35815-30.

There's literally about 20 of them for sale on everybody's favourite auction site.
Fml genuinely looked several times for one with no luck. Cheers much appreciated!

Havnt looked yet but guesing the arp headstuds will have there own independent torque figure instead of manufactures spec?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Found an old thread on torque settings for arps and seems surprisingly low[Image: 15c792c2c32acd86f2bd55d6fef7260a.jpg]
[Image: 9647efb095baa24cfa589bc6f516053d.jpg]going off the table for the 10mm headstud seems that they only need 54nm which relates to 73.224lbft.
Surley thats too low!?

I'll correct myself on that one. Just realised there 12mm giving 100lbft that sounds alot better

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they're 98lb.ft.

100lb.ft is fine and easy to remember lol.
Thanks given by:
100lb.ft confirmed
Thanks given by:
would you mind sharing the part numbers for them arp studs?
Thanks given by:
Ive no idea what they are Sad the studs were sourced for me by a lad i know and group bought. I can give you measurements of the arps if that helps track a set?

Anyway on another note cant wait for next week! Finally got my hands on a pre fabbed gearbox mounted gt2052v setup courtesy of stef205. Collect it next sat and should hopefully cement a stronger more reliable build for the slut.
Also a learning curve as now gotta get my head around vnt, control and setup but fingers crossed its gonna make for a more reliable boost setup. [Image: 011f196423720a6b37ad5e6505688756.jpg][Image: e10772f426c2e8221a3ab7faff9ba04c.jpg][Image: 7ada81690affbcf482ad611fcbbef3a2.jpg][Image: b2ecdba4095ca3c5570a4408ac67e308.jpg][Image: c8c3d2fcb0a8b0fc17b2f00873a35484.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2017, 07:33 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Works been moving pretty slow today and been having some thoughts about the how i want this engine to look. As ive said ive always loved the industrial/marine engine look but unsure if im brave enough to have a stab at it.

So really i see two clear choices.

1 - black everything -
This will pretty much look exactly how it does now but on a much cleaner scale. Nicley painted gearbox and everything kept dead subtle
2 - volvo penta industrial -
So yeah basically im after opinions. Subtle or balls out?

"Balls Out!" every time!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2018, 07:29 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(13-11-2017, 07:33 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: Works been moving pretty slow today and been having some thoughts about the how i want this engine to look. As ive said ive always loved the industrial/marine engine look but unsure if im brave enough to have a stab at it.

So really i see two clear choices.

1 - black everything -
This will pretty much look exactly how it does now but on a much cleaner scale. Nicley painted gearbox and everything kept dead subtle
2 - volvo penta industrial -
So yeah basically im after opinions. Subtle or balls out?

"Balls Out!" every time!
With the gearbox mount turbo on the way think its gotta be a balls out colour now [emoji39][emoji39]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Love it when a plan comes together. Managed to get to dorset and back in one piece in the gf's 208.

Picked up the exhaust mani kit and liturally could not be happier with it!!
[Image: 3f0caa4be185a3730b5c2333d95e7040.jpg][Image: 682ac75b2bf935106035f0b31c7e0b89.jpg][Image: 0499cf0728cb65ade86da77c98e57ec9.jpg][Image: 76385a7ec3a40224a6266a3d806a3306.jpg][Image: ac8d134e32d00a73e31ef4bf957902df.jpg][Image: cae5ee23497f0354f459e5c4b17cab0b.jpg]
Got a few bits to but to fettle the kit up abit (oil lines, gaskets etc) and apart from the downpipe that will need marrying to my system liturally looks like a bolt on part!
Just got an extra support hanger needs to be welded to my subframe and very tempted to raid the stainless scrap bin at work to make a nice new supporting bracket (not important atm tho)

Had a little bit of a worry already :/ contacted prosteve about getting it mapped in and seems he might not be able to help with mapping the vnt in.
[Image: f489e9ae4b255a105b5157dc65b594b3.jpg]
Because of this im extremely tempted to go down the "boost can" method and mock up my spare gt2052s actuator.
Read into as many threads as i can and the way ive understood it is that its gonna make the turbo very on or off.
The side effects ive read into are what worry me most tho, raised emp, raised exhaust temps, loss of "cruise ability" and less importantly needing to clean the vanes more frequently.

Any body able to shed some light or experience on this one?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
You could try Peter (TB206) or the guy who runs ECUEDIT.com. I am sure both could do it properly.
Thanks given by:
Thank you. Will give them a try

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Cant fine a tb206. Found a tb205gti tho

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Pretty much been turned away for vnt by steve. Hes only up for it if i go standalone management on the vnt which is gutting[Image: 4f86eb36916a275d555c7a4aec4d9d8f.jpg]
Contacted whippy tho im not even sure if hes still in the game. Msged him december 2015 when i first wanted to go stage 3 and he suggested a vnt setup. Never went vnt tho as truley didnt believe i Could afford to do it once he layed it all out. Wait to see if he replys i guess.
Unable to find a tb206 on the forum, found a tb205gti and attempted to msg but dont think thats the guy.
Unsure who else to try to be honest.

Leaves two other methods in my eyes.
-arduino controller
I struggle with electrical fault finding at the best of times. Can follow out someones wiring instructions to a tee but if i come up against a problem thats pretty much me screwed. Never attempted to programme anything either, my computer skills arnt to cracky so overall id call this a bad idea.
-boost can
Rude, crude and by far a last resort. From what ive read and understood its just a case of strapping a positive pressure actuator on from another turbo and using the boost to control the vanes (with some jiffling to sit it in the correct place). Side effects ive read about are increased emp, increased egt, loss of mpg (hardly a worry that one), rising temps when cruising, shorter turbo life span.. So yeah self explanatory why its a last resort.

So yeah.. Thats where im kinda at atm. Head against a brick wall. Researched into whats needed for controlling the vnt in the ecu.. N75 valve, 3bar map sensor and pin out drawings on the ecu but if i cant find a mapper is it worth pushing on with it?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
As you're probably aware, I've done all three methods, I've run a boost can, I've calibrated a turbo controller using an Arduino (admittedly with custom code...) and I've enabled and calibrated VNT control on EDC15C2, so in that respect, I feel I speak from a position of experience on this one.

With all that said, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you said yourself with "With how much I play, chop and change bits" - for anyone trying to calibrate the turbo control, it is a nightmare! It's incredibly time consuming as it is and things being played with around you is just not possible - a lot of inexperienced guys will have problems calibrating the turbo control in the stock application simply after a remap, let alone calibrating it completely from scratch, then someone adjusts the vane stop or the rod length not thinking of the consequences and the entire thing has to be adjusted again - I've been there and done it. People expect this sorta thing to be "plug and play", they're just not because nobody uses the same configuration, everyone uses different actuator brackets, everyone wants to use xyz due to packaging constraints, so nothing is ever the same. The ones I've done have required a MASSIVE amount of work in all respects, now, admittedly, most of the ones I've done have been huge projects anyway (read: engine combinations that never existed from the factory etc...), let alone the turbo control, but even the more basic projects are a crapload of work, I think anyone who's done this will agree with me. Especially doing it remotely as most people don't have any method of logging the ECU properly. I wouldn't take it on as a project as it's liable to be such a huge quantity of work and I really do not have time for any more projects at the moment!!

With the Arduino ones, yeah, they're doable, however if you haven't got electronics and a bit of coding experience along with a reasonable understanding of control theory, I wouldn't recommend it. It COULD be done if you had the want and the interest to do it - anyone _CAN_ do it, don't be put off by the learning curve - it's only stopped by your want to do it. However as is the case for most car projects, most people are only interested in the end goal, not the learning process on the way. For me it's totally the other way around, having a quick car at the end is merely the icing on the cake, but the hours of pouring over the code, understanding why things behave the way they do is what makes me tick.. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to spend vast swathes of your life understanding the system.

Just fit a boost can and find things out for yourself, it's NOT that much of a problem, yes EMP is high during cruise and yes you will have to play with line length to the boost controller to control boost overshoot and play with the stop screw position to get it right for spool so the EMP isn't too high, however they can perform well and be a good laugh, you just have to be wary of things failing - if the line from the boost pressure reference to the boost can falls off - yes you will close the vanes at full throttle and if you drive it around like that, you will explode the turbo. If you're interested in learning and understanding it, fit some EMP, EGT and Boost gauges and you'll learn what the effects of all the settings do.
Thanks given by:
tb@2200kbhn.dk - that was tb206's(Peter) email unless it's changed.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up 306 estate. Daily that became a project danmartin123 2 2,866 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: danmartin123
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,737 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Project Daily Wagon! Y418AKH HDI Estate JamesG 44 15,441 06-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: JamesG