hdi never starts first time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi never starts first time
My hdi hardly ever starts first time but will fire up perfectly the second time no bother has anyone got any ideas why its doing this oh and its done it all the time ive owned it which is 18 months now
Thanks given by:
Where are you based? Someone with Peugeot Planet should be able to help when looking at live data and fault codes.
Thanks given by:
Im in Eastbourne mate its just down the road from Brighton and im thinking it could be a leaking injector as I hear the rail needz to get to 300 bar before it will start
Thanks given by:
Too far from me, but someone else might be able to help.

Yeah, that could be the case. Do a leak of test.

I've had it before where the pipes going to the injectors leaked a little when I changed them and I had a bit of a starting issue but after nipping them up it started a treat. I take it there's no diesel around the injectors?
Thanks given by:
Its hard to tell at the mo as my fuel filter had a crack in it so there is a lot of diesel in the bay
Thanks given by:
This is a fairly common immobiliser issue, you need to reset the ecu with pp2000 or similar OR loading a map onto it will do the same job
Thanks given by:
Ive already remapped it so surely I can't
be that can it??
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell, you're not far from me! Unfortunately i don't have access to Peugeot Planet though. Undecided
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
put the map back to standard and re apply the map and it will be fixed, there is a counter in the ecu of non starts and if it hits a certain number it does this, cranking and cranking on first turn, second turn it fires right up.
The map is not causing your issues but reverting and re applying will fix them
Thanks given by:
Ill give it a try but I think its something else as after its been started if I just pop in to the shops for a pint of milk then when I come out it will fire on the first turn
Thanks given by:
Well your first post says it never starts the first time, and now it does after its already running? This issue depends on when the car was last immobilised so if you are quick it will restart. Give it a go as it is free and a known issue, I only had one last week with this problem
Thanks given by:
My thinking was there may be a leaking injector thats they it started the second time as the hp would have nearly got it to the 300 bar to start it but now what your saying sounds more likely so ill give it a try tomorrow and hopefully that will sort it
Thanks given by:
If an injector was leaking that badly you would know about it in the cars running and it would start anyway after a bit of cranking, the fact it starts on the second turn screams immobiliser
Thanks given by:
So do I need to load the original map on or can u just reload the hdi tuning stage one map???
Thanks given by:
you need to load the original and then reload the mapped one
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers mate
Thanks given by:
How on earth did you find that solution HDi--power?? Could have done with knowing that when i had issues. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My car developed the issue a few years ago and I discovered while I was doing some data logging Blush
Thanks given by:
Will have to remember that one, could save a lot of pennies in future!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 07:26 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: you need to load the original and then reload the mapped one

What if the car isn't mapped, do you read the map that's on the car and then just load that back on?
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 05:44 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(07-04-2014, 07:26 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: you need to load the original and then reload the mapped one

What if the car isn't mapped, do you read the map that's on the car and then just load that back on?
It may work but I have never tried it that way, all you are aiming to do is wipe the ecu memory clean and remapping is a pikey way of doing it in the absence of proper diagnostics Confused
Thanks given by:
Done what u said and all seams good so far so thanks hdi power much appreciated but I wounder why it didn't sort it when I mapped it the first time
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 03:02 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: My hdi hardly ever starts first time but will fire up perfectly the second time no bother has anyone got any ideas why its doing this oh and its done it all the time ive owned it which is 18 months now

Hi. I have the same prob with mine. It is apparently caused by the lift pump in tank, they fail and causes no supply to engine. The solution is to fit a new one at a price, need to save some shrapnel for one. TMI
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 07:52 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Done what u said and all seams good so far so thanks hdi power much appreciated but I wounder why it didn't sort it when I mapped it the first time

Its hard to say, with cheap KWPs and old ecus, but I did have the issue where I uploaded a map and it began doing it but this only happened one after about 50 maps so you may have just been unlucky, its just a simple immobiliser issue though normally Smile
Thanks given by:
Mums 307s glow plugs were 2 down. And did a similar thing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hdi 406 bringing on key light starts then stops Dturbobooost 1 771 03-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan