Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi im a newbie
hi all

im a newbie
purchased my self a 306 hdi moonstone for a steal of a price. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, and Thankyou for taking heed of my advice. Wink

Get some pics up when you can mate, got any plans for it? Or are you keeping it "standard" as a daily driver? Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thank you for having me on the forum.
defo will get some pics up. weather is bad atm so im in doors.
its going to be used as a daily car but want to make it stand out. lots of resprays and new parts need to be purchased. so hopefully i will be able to get some help
Thanks given by:
Where in the country are you? Might be some other reason members near you. Smile
Thanks given by:
i live in coventry west midlands.
Thanks given by:
would you know what sort of spoiler i would require for a phase 3?
Thanks given by:
Whatever spoiler you want basically. The best ones to go for imo are the ph3 spoiler, or one like mine. I'm on my phone at the moment, but there's a link to my project thread underneath my sig, you'll find a pic of my spoiler in there. Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 05:02 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Whatever spoiler you want basically. The best ones to go for imo are the ph3 spoiler, or one like mine. I'm on my phone at the moment, but there's a link to my project thread underneath my sig, you'll find a pic of my spoiler in there. Wink

if i was to get the phase 3 spoiler how would i fit this? i was reading on the forum that there are two type screw through the rear glass or onto the boot lid? i gather if you dont have the holes that these have to be made.
will defo check the link out. im liking the mods youve done to your car.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 05:40 PM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along mate Smile

thanks matt
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 05:22 PM)pugman2014 Wrote: if i was to get the phase 3 spoiler how would i fit this? i was reading on the forum that there are two type screw through the rear glass or onto the boot lid? i gather if you dont have the holes that these have to be made.

Thanks. Smile

If you get a spoiler with the bolts on, and you don't already have the bolt holes, you can either drill the holes for the bolts, or your other option would be to chop the bolts off and bond the spoiler on with something along the lines of Tiger Seal. I did the latter option with my spoiler. Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 05:47 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 05:22 PM)pugman2014 Wrote: if i was to get the phase 3 spoiler how would i fit this? i was reading on the forum that there are two type screw through the rear glass or onto the boot lid? i gather if you dont have the holes that these have to be made.

Thanks. Smile

If you get a spoiler with the bolts on, and you don't already have the bolt holes, you can either drill the holes for the bolts, or your other option would be to chop the bolts off and bond the spoiler on with something along the lines of Tiger Seal. I did the latter option with my spoiler. Wink

what would you recommend? i gather the tiger seal is the easiest option. hopefully the masking tape doesnt ruin the paint work
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, #1 tip there....if you use masking tape to hold the spoiler on while the tiger seal sets, make sure you wet the tape before you pull it off. I didnt, and effectively removed most of the lacquer from the top of my boot lid. Those pics are also in my project thread. lol
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 06:07 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Oh yeah, #1 tip there....if you use masking tape to hold the spoiler on while the tiger seal sets, make sure you wet the tape before you pull it off. I didnt, and effectively removed most of the lacquer from the top of my boot lid. Those pics are also in my project thread. lol

thanks for the tip. shall bare that in mind.
Thanks given by:
Hello fellow newb.

Like the car Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 09:36 PM)shokenore Wrote: Hello fellow newb.

Like the car Smile

hello

brill car shame about some of the mods i will have to make to it so its all nice again.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 03:41 AM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum Hello

thanks
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. There is lots of potential for the hdi. Get a stage 1 map and a decat and you will be well away!

A word of advice on the spoiler. If you have a phase 3 (which you do) make sure you get a phase 3 spoiler as you just have to bolt 2 holes and it bolts straight on. Do not try to fit the phase 2 spoiler that has the bolts in it. Its a different shape and it looks rubbish. Way more effort than its worth!
Thanks given by: