A Guide to using Peugeot Service box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Guide to using Peugeot Service box
I get asked quite a lot how to use Service box. Its not the most straight forward thing so heres a little guide to the basics.

Log on
You can log on using the clubs own account as making your own isn't too easy (details can be found at the top of the traders section).

[attachment=13006]

Once you have logged in, you have two choices. You can either enter your VIN number in the top left and hit enter (better way as you will get all the exact parts for your car as well as a full spec list that the car was built to) Second option is to select Free services (top left) and then Replacement parts documentation which will take you to this screen:

[attachment=13007]

From this point, you can choose your vehicle you need to find parts for. Hover over the model and it will give you the sub models. Remember this site is a direct translation from French so the revised 306 (Phase 2 and 3) is actually called 306 Remoddalage.

This is the next screen you will find:

[attachment=13008]

This is where you can choose your area in which you are looking for parts. Its all categorised (not that clearly I'm afraid) and categorised again down the left hand side into Mechanical, body work, electrical and accessory. Choose, your area, then your sub option and when you find it, click and it will open another browser window. For this example, I'm looking for a brand new complete engine (yeah, right!) so I've chosen engine assembly - Engine and now this window has opened up:

[attachment=13010]

As you can see, I've highlighted the part number selection on the right hand side of the part i want by hovering my cursor over it. If you double click it, it will add this part to your basket. Close this window and go back to the part finder page. Now select Order - Order parts along the top options. This will take you to:

[attachment=13011]

Click the 3rd logo from the left. The one that looks like a page with a Euro sign next to it and this will reveal your price and part number required:

[attachment=13012]

As you can see, i need to keep saving my pennies for a new engine!

This is how to find prices. The question mark next to the part number indicates a surcharge is available if you return your old parts. If you click this, it will add the surcharge to your basket.

Ill add more to this as time goes on. This is just the basics on how to find parts and get prices but service box is a very powerful tool and we are very lucky that PSA chose to give us access to this.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yess this is amazing! Literally was going to do it for the first time tonight. SO glad you could give me a hand Niall. I wouldnt be able to do it without you!
Thanks given by:
Good guide Niall, should stop the nagging for part numbers etc, if they read this that is..
Just to add, have you seen the price for a new bare shell? lol
There is someone over on 106oc that has actually bought a brand new shell from Peugeot, paid an absolute fortune for it to be brought from France.
Thanks given by:
Yeah a new shell is built to order but only with a old Vin number. IIRC for a 306 its about 3k which isn't too bad! lol

How to find your cars build specification:

From the page after the log on page, enter your full vin in the top left and hit enter. You will be taken to the parts selection page.

[attachment=13015]

As you can see along the top left, it has my exact car model correct. Now click Characteristics on the left hand side and you will be presented with:

[attachment=13016]

This is the complete build spec for your car for when it left the factory. Can come in very handy and is great to print off and keep with the cars history if you ever sell it
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You're warrenty started 9 years after mine.. Don't think thats quite right, what year is yours? lol
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 08:10 PM)Dean Wrote: You're warrenty started 9 years after mine.. Don't think thats quite right, what year is yours? lol

That was the first registered date of my car so yeah, thats when the warranty started. Mines V reg.

My old V reg 1.8 they had f*cked up the warranty on that and apparently it started in 2005 lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Mines R Reg, started 1/1/1990... at least I can finally get on the service box now, couldn't get on earlier on.
Didn't realise that probe that goes into the heater matrix controls the auto heating, aswell as the resistor under the scuttle panel. It's all controlled via those.
We're quite lucky that PSA let the public use this, who needs Autodata now lol
Thanks given by:
Your warranty was never registered with Peugeot then!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Don't think I could ring Peugeot up and start it now...
Thanks given by:
Lol no. If it did ever need any warranty work, they would of just checked the cars first registered date and time it back from there.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What a great guide, always wanted to know how to do that!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So where do I find service parts i.e oil filter ect
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They don't build 306 shells and haven't done so for 14 years.

oil filter will be in the lubrication section.

just go looking!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 GTi6 Service Guide ginge191 0 11,216 12-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Last Post: ginge191