Fitting a Intercooler

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting a Intercooler
Hi all
I've converted my Cab to Hdi all good and done a few Mods
But thinking of fitting a Inter cooler but would like to do it a different way
I know you can get the 406 elbow and c5 bottom pipe
But has anyone else done it a different way, i'm thinking of running the inter cooler pipe down the back of the engine from the standard elbow to the inter cooler
I'd like to keep the engine bay looking standard if poss
Any advise or ideas are much appreciated
Thanx Andy
Thanks given by:
Use water injection with the pump and tank in boot.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2014, 05:24 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Use water injection with the pump and tank in boot.
Hi Can you explain a bit more please don't know a lot about diesels
Just starting to learn
Thanks given by:
Water is injected either pre or post turbo in a very fine mist which reduces EGT etc...... As long as you keep the tank topped up it should be as effective as an intercooler without all the pipework etc....

Devilsown make decent stuff at affordable prices and they have there own forum for guidance if you need it. Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't put the pump in the boot ! The spray shut off delay would be huge !
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2014, 09:19 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Don't put the pump in the boot ! The spray shut off delay would be huge !

Do they not have solenoids in the system? One you could put near the nozzle to stop spray shut off delay.

I dont think its possible to intercool it by sending the pipes down the back. What about the normal way but use all black pipework.
Thanks given by:
You'll be very tight for pipework down the back if you use the original elbow, near enough to impossible. You can still make the install look OEM if you use mostly OEM piping from the donor vehicle, especially if you top it off with a 110 engine cover. Got one floating about if you want it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 05:50 AM)Poodle Wrote: You'll be very tight for pipework down the back if you use the original elbow, near enough to impossible. You can still make the install look OEM if you use mostly OEM piping from the donor vehicle, especially if you top it off with a 110 engine cover. Got one floating about if you want it.
Cheers for the offer Poodle but going to see what i find the next time the car up in the air to see if it can be done or not
Got to fit a adjustable boost controller so will do it then
Thanx
Thanks given by:
It has been done quite a few times using the original elbow, there are a few examples on this very forum! But it is more of a ballache and doesnt look as neat
Thanks given by:
Where at, i'd be interested to see those, got any links?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ill have a little hunt later, looks terrible though :/ One went down as per original and then U turned and back up again running close to where the C5 top pipe would anyway
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 07:48 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: Ill have a little hunt later, looks terrible though :/ One went down as per original and then U turned and back up again running close to where the C5 top pipe would anyway

Be nice to see it if you can find it
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help fitting and intercooler camoturd 10 1,917 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: camoturd
  fitting an intercooler to a hdi Laney9510 7 3,492 15-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Intercooler fitting south west geo7087 6 1,984 15-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: ginge191