*Road legal* pressed metal plates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Road legal* pressed metal plates
Pressed metal plates such as these ones..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120751545173? ... 1729wt_698

claim to be UK road legal.

However I've read many times of people saying they have had them and Mr.Plod not agreeing with their legality, and fining them.

Has anyone got them? If so how long have you had them and have you had any trouble?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ive had em on over a year now with no problems. even passed a mot. i think if they are marked with the post code then i think that makes everything legal. might be wrong but i dont think so.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Iirc dubmeister do legal ones. I'm not 100% sure but I think all legal ones have to show the BS number somewhere. If he fines you, argue it. You can always do that and providing you can prove where they came from (Invoice) and that they comply with the BS, you'll be fine.

Tbh pressed plates arnt obvious unless your close enough providing they are the correct font and reflective background.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ive had mine in my boot for the last 6 weeks.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive had pressed plates on for a year now and had no trouble as they are road legal.
Thanks given by:
As long as they are the correct size with the number in the correct font and are reflective and the correct colour then they are legal, I think that they scrapped the whole post code at the bottom shite Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah just make sure they are the correct font (Charles Wright 2000 I think it is....) as lots of places sell plates with euro or German fonts, which are just asking to get you pulled because they look blatently different.
Thanks given by:
Another thing people overlook is font. There are only 2 legal font types here in england
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They need to have the correct font, correct size and spacing of both the plate and text, BS number on the plate and technically the post code of the place that made the plate, or their address or something, and the correct reflective material.

I have 100% legal pressed plates for the estate.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rust/bare metal treatment... Piggy 9 2,270 02-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  Pressed plate stick lolsteve 13 1,926 09-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  fog light tinting - is it legal? Dramsay1984 6 1,940 16-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Niall