Leaky pipe :( can anyone help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky pipe :( can anyone help?
I took my car out for it's first drive yesterday and it started leaking from a pipe at the Tom of the engine does anyone have the pipe I need? It's a 1.4
Thanks given by:
Can't guage where that is tbh, have you got a wider pic? Or know what the pipe goes from and to?

Looks like its been cut and joined already as well?
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 08:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Can't guage where that is tbh, have you got a wider pic? Or know what the pipe goes from and to?

Looks like its been cut and joined already as well?

I can get a pic tomorrow when it's light Smile
Thanks given by:
It's the pipe just under the air hose, that's the best I can describe where it is to be honest, I noticed a split at the end of the pipe just past the jubilee clip. Does anyone have this pipe for sale?
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I know the area but not the pipe. It doesn't look like one that's the same on other models either. Sad
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 10:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, I know the area but not the pipe. It doesn't look like one that's the same on other models either. Sad

Hmm :/ I'm not sure what I can do
Thanks given by:
I think its the top rad hose that goes to the thermostat housing? If so a breakers or Peugeot them self will have one, can't imagine them being expensive.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 10:47 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I think its the top rad hose that goes to the thermostat housing? If so a breakers or Peugeot them self will have one, can't imagine them being expensive.

I'll have to have a look tomorrow to see where it connects too, I noticed it leaking at the petrol station. Just started pissing it out so I had a look and that's where it was leaking from
Thanks given by:
If there's enough slack in the pipe cut a bit of and re attach as a temp measure untill you can get another one
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 08:01 AM)306Dan Wrote: If there's enough slack in the pipe cut a bit of and re attach as a temp measure untill you can get another one

I'll have to try that, I'll take it completely off to see if that's the only split
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2014, 10:47 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I think its the top rad hose that goes to the thermostat housing? If so a breakers or Peugeot them self will have one, can't imagine them being expensive.

Nope, the hose goes from the heater matrix to the thermostat take-off. Just checked on my 1.4. 'Should' be a single pipe, not joined.

Beware, if you do remove the entire pipe, the system will need a re-bleed. Can be a pain in the arse.....
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 09:32 AM)Alan_M Wrote:

Nope, the hose goes from the heater matrix to the thermostat take-off. Just checked on my 1.4. 'Should' be a single pipe, not joined.

Beware, if you do remove the entire pipe, the system will need a re-bleed. Can be a pain in the arse.....

Oh that's annoying :/ I'll have to look up how to bleed the system
Thanks given by:

It'd be a bit thin for a main rad hose tbh! However, do you wanna know how much a genuine rad hose cost from Peugeot for a 1.4, about 4 years ago when I needed one (headgasket made it pop!).... £77! Confused

Nathan, I'll have a quick look on servicebox for you, I was looking in the wrong place yesterday.. Smile

Looks like 6466 A2 - £40 for the matrix pipes from Peugeot, not so bad tbh.

I have loads of them, but for HDis unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
It's easy enough to bleed. Screw Coke bottle in rad top fill water to top then open a bleed nipple and keep filling till water comes out. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 06:59 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: It's easy enough to bleed. Screw Coke bottle in rad top fill water to top then open a bleed nipple and keep filling till water comes out. :-)

Strangely, I found the HDi very easy to bleed. The TU 1.4 on the other hand was a pain in the arse to get all the air out.
Thanks given by:
I'll have to give it a go sometime Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 08:45 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 06:59 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: It's easy enough to bleed. Screw Coke bottle in rad top fill water to top then open a bleed nipple and keep filling till water comes out. :-)

Strangely, I found the HDi very easy to bleed. The TU 1.4 on the other hand was a pain in the arse to get all the air out.

Both easy with this methord. You got to make sure the level of the water going in is higher than the bleed nipple its coming out off. I use a 2litre bottle lf coke it screws im perfect. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 06:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

It'd be a bit thin for a main rad hose tbh! However, do you wanna know how much a genuine rad hose cost from Peugeot for a 1.4, about 4 years ago when I needed one (headgasket made it pop!).... £77! Confused

Nathan, I'll have a quick look on servicebox for you, I was looking in the wrong place yesterday.. Smile

Looks like 6466 A2 - £40 for the matrix pipes from Peugeot, not so bad tbh.

I have loads of them, but for HDis unfortunately.

If you do find one that will fit that will be great man Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine are all for HDi's unfortunately which won't fit I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2014, 04:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Mine are all for HDi's unfortunately which won't fit I'm afraid.

Ah no worries :/ I'm sure duct tape will do a temp fix
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 10:28 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 08:45 PM)Alan_M Wrote:

Both easy with this methord. You got to make sure the level of the water going in is higher than the bleed nipple its coming out off. I use a 2litre bottle lf coke it screws im perfect. :-)

I did....as I said, the HDi was a piece of piss, the TU was an arse.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2014, 08:07 PM)Alan_M Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 10:28 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 08:45 PM)Alan_M Wrote: Strangely, I found the HDi very easy to bleed. The TU 1.4 on the other hand was a pain in the arse to get all the air out.

I did....as I said, the HDi was a piece of piss, the TU was an arse.

I'll have a go at some point, do you know where I can get the pipe from? Scrap yard maybe?
Thanks given by:
yeah but be careful taking it off the thermostat end, they do tend to split at the bend there
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by: