Indicators stay on!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicators stay on!!!
I have an intermittent fault, where when i lock the car using the remote, all the indicators come on and stay on.

Any ideas?

I have already done:

Checked front indicators for corrosion, nothing there.
Checked rear light clusters - Corrosion free
Repeaters were filling with water - Replaced repeaters and bulb holders with OEM
Thanks given by:
Cam someone tell me the location of the hazard relay and fuse and the indicator relay and fuse?
Thanks given by:
Hazard/Indicator relay is the grey or black one on the right hand side of the fusebox, top row. Next to the big orange one.

I'd say you're still getting an earth short somewhere though, rather than the relay being at fault. I don't know which fuse it is I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom. I pulled out the relay which I thought was hazards and they bloody stay on. Surely the lights should go out if I pull the relay no?

Hence I need to find the fuse too. Only way they go out at present is if I disconnect the battery and leave it for a bit
Thanks given by:
If theres a short I don't think pulling the relay would help. But its definitely that one lol.

The fuses are 10 and 27 according to Haynes, but that's not always accurate!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom Will have to have a rummage around. It's intermittent, doesn't do it all the time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indicators and Hazards not working. CaptainHair 5 3,003 19-01-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  indicators wont work :/ hilly5672 2 1,483 24-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: hilly5672
  no indicators Leemus 4 2,496 22-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Eeyore