300bhp XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
300bhp XUD
Someone is certainly attempting it!!!!
Goran of Dieselmeken has produced a 12mm VE pump for a 1.9 xud Peugeot engine capable of 300bhp of fuelling. Supplying the air is up to whoever is building the engine;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dixWW1UNmg0
Thanks given by:
Heh supplying the fuel has never been the problem! Ive build pumps with as much / more mid range flow than the one hes running there, sadly fuel isnt the issue with the xud...its burning it!

Massive cups and big modern VNT wouldnt get you far off i dont think, but I still think heat would be your biggest enemy...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I think me and jp worked out that theoretically a 4cylinder ve could flow over 400bhp
Thanks given by:
What I thought was interesting is that that pump is capable of 6krpm on a 12mm. I was led to believe that seizing was an issue with the bigger diameter plungers. Something that goran obviously doesnt consider an issue since he is supplying and will stand over.
Thanks given by:
He machines his plungers slightly undersize . adds lube slots on some of his builds... I snapped a 12mm plunger once, but id say more lack of lube in the first place than rpms..

That video shows precisely the issue with rotary pumps though and RPMS, look at the delivery just dies after 5k....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yeah I noticed that.
Darren did you ever get any of your pumps on to a test bench to see what sort of cc's you were putting out?
Thanks given by:
Interesting video..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Not a proper bench like that no Sad Could have measured the ccs over a set time on my redneck bench but never did... Its easy to fuel mid / mid top with the ve, like COPIOUS ammounts of diesel, but its not so easy burning it all Sad
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Another reason why smoke control is so bad on a VE, you need so much fuel pumped through to maintain the maximum fuel flow at high rpm that mid range it's pushing way too much fuel, then all of a sudden there's not enough as big blowers wake up and the VE starts to run out of puff.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When Goran says he gets XXXcc's @ xxxxrpm is that cc's per plunger stroke?

Would a redneck way of doing it be to take a line off an engine (ie run the engine on 3 cylinders) and run it into a measuring tube or am I missing something?

Edit; Couldn't be per plunger stroke as that is a serious amount of fuel in one stroke.
Is there a set time that it is tested on?
Thanks given by:
Set time, you see the levels raising...he has a fairly old bench with slightly newer digital test readers, but work just the same as the old flip over pots that fill up over x time then stop.... you need to emulate injectrors on the end,(in your case could simply use an injector) and just drop pot in / out over x time....and use a air line to maniplate the lda...I have a bench with a motor to run them up, i was going to make ti into a full on home made test measuring stand, but it never got finished Sad
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Sounds like a good wee project, it wouldn't be overly hard to do either when you break down exactly what is happening.
Any pics of your test bench?
Thanks given by:
Anto, I think it would be a great idea for you to make your own test bench Wink You could charge a small fee and set up pumps for people this side of the water...
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 07:25 PM)Harky Wrote: Anto, I think it would be a great idea for you to make your own test bench Wink You could charge a small fee and set up pumps for people this side of the water...

Haha if id any spare time id love to make one. Unfortunately a house and a wedding are sucking both my time and my money dry lol
Thanks given by:
The pump is for a romanian 406 XUD11 with t3-t4 turbo. The 233HP with NOS one.

This is the new drag racing BX with rebuild t3-t4 turbo.
Thanks given by:
That is looking epic ^^ credit to the brain behind it right up my street.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Sorry. It is GT35 instead of T3-T4 on the BX.
Thanks given by:
Clicked on a few links and found it was Romanian but I couldn't remember your name SonnyRoby, thought you might have a bit more info on it.....
Thanks given by:
Is there any bulk head left?!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
After the cars hit the dyno i will post the outcome , hope they will be different Wink maybe if you let me i will make a build thread Wink
Thanks given by:
A build thread would be great!
Plenty of pics!
Thanks given by: