Lost a lot of power (not MAF)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost a lot of power (not MAF)
I was driving along lastnight and my hdi (stage1 mapped) has just lost most of it's power, I've disconnected the MAF and no difference there, I've recently had a boost gauge fitted but the people who fitted it used some
Gunk instead of a gasket on the elbow when taking it off, could that failing course the power loss? I have also looked out my back window and there is a cloud of black smoke but Its not mega mega it's just like putting your boot down kinda cloud with a stage 1
Thanks given by:
Possible boost leak on the elbow then, can you hear a leak
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the turbo is spoiling like mad
Thanks given by:
Sounds exactly like a boost leak then
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Is the EGR connected? The first thing I would do is to unplug this to make sure the solenoid isn't fully open.
Next check for boost leaks if you know the MAF is 100% good?

If it made no difference when disconnecting the MAF I would say it is the MAF...?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
All fixed the matey who fitted my boost gauge did reconnect the egr cable so just disconnected it again and all fine :/
Thanks given by:
that makes sense, if the EGR solenoid was faulty, or the EGR disabled in the map it would have went permanently open.

And just to add, now it's working properly, if you disconnect your MAF and don't lose any power you most likely do have a MAF problem...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
It is disconnected now and the map was off you with the egr deleted
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent sudden Power lost Peugeot306Modz 18 3,606 04-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Poodle