auto windows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto windows
I've got an auto up/down window switch from a ph3, and the plug and a bit of wiring to go with it.
If I chop my loom then mate it to the wiring for the new switch, will it work and will I have auto up/down windows in my ph3?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
give it a go
find out
let us know
Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:I've got an auto up/down window switch from a ph3, and the plug and a bit of wiring to go with it.
If I chop my loom then mate it to the wiring for the new switch, will it work and will I have auto up/down windows in my ph3?

The auto switch worked in Decs ph2 when we swapped the doors over.......so don't see why yours wouldn't work. Smile
Thanks given by:
No! It just blows a fuse. You need the door loom to go with it as well. Just swap the loom and switch and jobs a goodun. Everything else still works on the same wiring.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So id need the entire door loom?

Thanks given by:
Yep. Well if you like I can look on auto data and see how easy it is to modify your one. Can't see it being much different.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:No! It just blows a fuse. You need the door loom to go with it as well. Just swap the loom and switch and jobs a goodun. Everything else still works on the same wiring.

Ah ofcourse, we swapped the whole doors over....didn't think about the loom being different! Doh
Thanks given by:
Nah that's alright, cheers tho, ill just get hold of a loom, bish bash bosh!
Cheers! Big Grin

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:Nah that's alright, cheers tho, ill just get hold of a loom, bish bash bosh!
Cheers! Big Grin

You might also have to change the plug on the motor. If you get a loom from the scrappy, get the plug on the motor (it's like a adaptor plug...you'll see what I mean when you see it)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Ok cool, ill have a look for it. Might head down to bridges on Monday for a gander

Thanks given by:
Is this likely to be the same for a ph1? Got myself a gti6 door loom to go in my standard electric window ph1 and was hoping this would allow me to use the auto switch I've got.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
From.what I gather, should work. Might have issues with the connector coming back into the car if its from different phase tho, but not 100% on that

Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Niall Wrote:No! It just blows a fuse. You need the door loom to go with it as well. Just swap the loom and switch and jobs a goodun. Everything else still works on the same wiring.

Ah ofcourse, we swapped the whole doors over....didn't think about the loom being different! Doh

+1 Doh
Thanks given by:
On the ph1 the auto control unit is bolted onto the door itself.
Where as in the ph2/3 its in the dash, I believe the door looms are the same regardless, but not 100% sure on that. So you'd have to find it in the dash and wire it in or wire in a ph1 one into the door itself.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh, I thought it would just be a different plug. I'll see what's included in the loom I'm getting sent.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:On the ph1 the auto control unit is bolted onto the door itself.
Where as in the ph2/3 its in the dash, I believe the door looms are the same regardless, but not 100% sure on that. So you'd have to find it in the dash and wire it in or wire in a ph1 one into the door itself.

Wrong. As said mate, I've done it. It's all built into the switch. On a ph3, you just need the switch and loom.
Can't say it will be the same for ph2 though.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Anyone got a pic of a phase 1 door with trim off and auto windows? So I know what I'm looking for? Which models had this feature?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
you should be ab le to tell without taking the card off, the switch should have an 'A' on the little window picture thingy (great description eh? :LOL: )

Thanks given by:
Well I got my looms so had a look, I can see that it plugs into the motor and the switch, but there is also another connector with the same wire colours that must go to this control box, there must be some one who has got a phase 1 with auto windows who could take a pic with the door card off so I at least know what I'm looking for? Please? lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
I have a phase 1 and auto windows but n I pictures. The auto part is a black box that sits near the door catch
Thanks given by:
Thank you, my confusion was from haynes calling it the one-touch control box, a pic would be handy so that if I manage to get one I know where to screw it Smile
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto windows on a 3 door phase 3 DeeTurbo 6 1,722 13-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Auto electric windows Jukie88 2 1,514 14-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jukie88