HDi DTurbo Height

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi DTurbo Height
Ok this is bugging me lol.

Can someone do me a favour and measure from the floor to the centre of the wing arch on theirs please? 3dr HDi Dturbo on cyclones, standard suspension and level ground obviously.

Interested to know what it should be and how mine compares... I have a set of Xsara VTS struts but wont bother with them if I'm already at DTurbo height.

Cheers
Tom

Edit - those on facebook will have seen this pic...

[Image: IMAG3336_zpsacc4f879.jpg]

It looks higher than the 1.8 Meridian the the front. Confused

[Image: IMAG3308_zpsfa60f37a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My HDi used to ride around that height, it does look from the photograph that the front wheel nearest the camera is in a shallow dip.

How does it ride? Any corrosion on the springs?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't think it was a dip but hard to tell from that shocking pic quality now lol.

Rides ok, a bit of paint flaking but other than that springs look fine. Just looks a bit odd considering the back sits nicely.
Thanks given by:
Trouble with the back is that they sag with age, so when I fitted Nialls' old 30mm lowered 1.8 beam to my 2.0 Hdi (which was stock, but knackered) the ride height didn't actually change a great deal! What you'll probably find is that the front end is still stock height, but the rear has succumbed to age.

Just get some 30-40mm springs?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
The rear is on a newly refurbed GTi beam from the moonstone breaker. Wink

Don't want lowering springs, cant justify the cost and extra insurance, just want to know if its actually Meridian height...if so I'll stick the VTS shocks and springs on, if not I'll leave it lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
Having just seen this on ebay, they look a similar height, maybe the springs are just knackered on the Meridian instead haha.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-HD...2a3a071eb5
Thanks given by:
When I'm back from holiday I can put some pics up from when she was in her youth (4 years old). It definitely had dturbo spec there. Tbh I find most people only noticed when you told them, claiming to see some cavernous difference. As the owner of the car it barely looked any different to me.

It was a lovely car and I'm glad she's gone to a caring home. Yeah it had some niggles but meridian spec suspension was a no brainer when I broke one, mine was worn out and I was pushing 40k a year! Got so much use out of parts off that car! Big Grin
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure about a cavernous difference haha, but I thought it was supposed to be GTi spec suspension, so the same height as a GTi... I'm sure the first moonstone I broke, albeit 5 door, sat a little more level.

No rush for pics....but it would be good to see some from back then...even if they are only 1MP.... lol
Thanks given by:
Is one car running 50 profile tyres and the other 55?
Makes a difference to how it looks.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Nope, I only run the correct profiles because 50s look and ride shit... Wink
Thanks given by:
It's never quite 'GTi' spec buddy, as that setup was unique to from the rest of the range (due mostly to the boat anchor in the front lol )

You got a sport-spec and a comfort spec. Comfort was fitted to most things, with the sport limited to the XS, DTurbo and possibly the XSi.
Thanks given by:
Lol, I thought the HDi was roughly the same weight as the GTi...it has a bloody heavy hair dryer bolted to the back afterall.... lol

And fair enough then, I thought the 'sport' suspension was the same across the range, didn't realise the GTi was slightly different. Smile

Took a few more pics today lol...

[Image: IMAG3368_zpsadd4cffe.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3371_zps41710f2b.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3372_zpsae056a76.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3373_zpsfad9fed9.jpg]

Still none the wiser tbh! lol
Thanks given by:
The front of your Dturbo does look higher than mine. I keep forgetting to measure mine. I'll try to remember tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG3434_zps6bd5f437.jpg]

Sorted. Wink
Thanks given by:
How? 5char
Thanks given by:
Cut the springs...

lol Nah, as said in my project fitted some supposedly Xsara VTS complete struts....which were stamped 'Peugeot' so not actually sure what they're from. They're no less 'comfortable' than the Meridian, but reduced roll and dropped the height by about 25mm. Smile
Thanks given by:
Happy days bud, looks a nice even gap with the back now (although you should've taken a picture of the whole car really :p)

My car hasn't dropped all that much using -35mm springs and new Bilsteins, I think probably for the fact that the old springs and shocks were original and had seen ~120k miles so had 'sagged' anyway!
Thanks given by:
Whole car pics will come when I get a chance to remove the sahara from it lol. lol
Thanks given by:
iirc they have a shorter shock body so thats where the lows would have come from, looks better anyway Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring height Tidoh2016 3 1,964 07-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Original ride height Nicks306 3 1,248 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: cully
  306 meridian estate rear ride height treborobert 6 2,144 24-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: ArbGarry