Leccy window repair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leccy window repair
My electric window (drivers side) in my phase 1 is knackered....glass keeps falling forward window wont stay up and the motor makes some grinding crunching noises Sad But i have access to a phase 2 thats being broke and its got electric windows so can i just rip mine out the door and replace it all with the phase 2 stuff?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Isnt the problem with this just the white clip thing that the wire in the regulators goes onto?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the regulators f*cked aswell so changing all of it..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I've had plenty of experience with this!!!!!!!!! It's a pain in the arse!!!!

You'll know if it's the regulator as the cable will have sized up. Could just be the clips that hold the glass in place.
Thanks given by:
MarkTD Wrote:I've had plenty of experience with this!!!!!!!!! It's a pain in the arse!!!!

You'll know if it's the regulator as the cable will have sized up. Could just be the clips that hold the glass in place.

Good, i hope you keep checking this tread going to need loads of helpBig Grin
Anyway one end of the cable is flopping around at the bottom of the door, the glass falls out and its makes some f*cked up noises..... Whats your diagnosis doctor?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Whats your diagnosis doctor?

Its f*cked.
Thanks given by:
Does the clip still move up and down the runner?

But my main diagnosis is that its f**ked lol post a pic up if you can.

I'll keep checking the thread so I can help you. Where you from?
Thanks given by:
Sunny ole cornwall Wink Will get pictures when i take it apart which will be wednesday i think... I dont think anything moves due to the f*cked cable and shitty noises Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Abit far for me to come help with it lol but I'll give you all the help I can via the thread or I can pm you my number.
Thanks given by:
Aslong as you keep checking that will be fine Big Grin Havent took it apart yet though just working up the courage to do it..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right i looked today it appears there is no runner on the side of the window, always great(Y)
Theres 2 cables both are f*cked, theres a grooved pulley which i may be able to reuse :/ theres a white clip on the bottom of the window which actually looks to be intact O: yes, its peugeot and not broke! haha any a few pics..
I have also straightened out the cables in the motor but cant get them back on cos there f*cked :/
[Image: 20120321_153928.jpg]
[Image: 20120321_154002.jpg]
[Image: 20120321_154008.jpg]
[Image: 20120321_161024.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
In terms of the window falling forward, you have spotted the hole on the back of the window, you should have a clip that looks like the one below that sits in the runner. On mine the two 'pins' on the inside had worn down, so it didn't grip the window.
You can pick one up from a scrappers, they use the same clip on the 106 too, if that helps.

To fit it (or to remove the old one), wind the window down about half way, then remove the rubber runner from the frame (only need an inch or two), just pull it and turn it internally (relative to the car), you can then prise out the old clip (if present), or stick the new one in. It is kind of an L shape, with the bend of the 'L' slotting in facing internally. Then it is a case of lining up the clip and hole and clipping the window in (it is effectively 'press click').
It is a very DIY task.

[Image: kgrhqrlge2ej5mgybnp0zcc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You really need a new motor as you'll get all stuff you need with it in one piece then it's just a matter of fitting it which is abit fiddlely but doesn't take long to do.

You can get a new one from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aepdirect.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.aepdirect.com</a><!-- w --> for about £60 with free next day delivery
Thanks given by:
That clip doesnt look like it would work atall :/ im gonna drag the whole assembly out of a car in a mates field...... not paying 60quid just to make me window work lol So which clip goes up and down the side of the door? It definately isnt that one above that just doesnt look like it'll work
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeh, they don't work too well, hence all the people having problems with them! Tongue
Thanks given by:
It's a white clip that's attached to the runner, I'll have a look to see if I've got a pic of it.

You'll need a drill to get the new motor out as its riveted on.
Thanks given by:
Right i tried my mates regulator today but it was from a 5 door so didnt fit properly :/ i had the window going up and down for a while but then it all went to shit :/ need to find another regulator from a 3 door then buy new clips Sad i hate electric windows.... been wishing for window winders all day lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tomw1123 Wrote:Right i tried my mates regulator today but it was from a 5 door so didnt fit properly :/ i had the window going up and down for a while but then it all went to shit :/ need to find another regulator from a 3 door then buy new clips Sad i hate electric windows.... been wishing for window winders all day lol

mines gone as well mate ive just chocked it up at the mo but mine weny when trying to pay the toll at the tyne tunnel lol i wasnt very popular brought it to a stand still as i was to close to the pay thing to get my door open lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:
tomw1123 Wrote:Right i tried my mates regulator today but it was from a 5 door so didnt fit properly :/ i had the window going up and down for a while but then it all went to shit :/ need to find another regulator from a 3 door then buy new clips Sad i hate electric windows.... been wishing for window winders all day lol

mines gone as well mate ive just chocked it up at the mo but mine weny when trying to pay the toll at the tyne tunnel lol i wasnt very popular brought it to a stand still as i was to close to the pay thing to get my door open lol

Haha dude that sucks.. thankfully the only time i NEED to open my window is for the drive through so im having to walk into maccies atm not very keen on that lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Have you checked the switch?
Thanks given by:
My switches are all good.. its the whole regulator bit thats nackered Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Haha dude that sucks.. thankfully the only time i NEED to open my window is for the drive through so im having to walk into maccies atm not very keen on that lol

no they queue behind me wasnt best pleased lol and i had to do the rest of the trip with the window flapping about
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My local scrappy want 25 plus the vat for a window regulator..... robbing bastards:/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Might aswell buy a new one lol
Thanks given by: