MissTap has left Europe...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MissTap has left Europe...
And gone Jap!

Sorry boys but I've given up the 306, it was too high maintenance for me! It was a super little car and extremely cheap to run, but, I miss the perv too much.

So Ive got this little thing

[attachment=14687]

It's an awesome little car as it is but I will most likely stick with the standard lows & exhaust tbh.

It's a Eunos Roadster 1.8 import, it started life as a silver automatic but I had it changed to manual and got the colour changed to satin black. It is lovely to drive and dropping the roof when the sun is out is such an amazing benefit!
Thanks given by:
Good cars these. I've been looking at getting the wife one for a track car, as her 350z 'vert is too big and cumbersome for any real track fun...

Care to divulge a rough ballpark of what you paid for it if you don't mind me asking?

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Excellent Smile

I'm a huge fan of MX5 / Eunos's - FAR better drivers cars than the hairdresser tag would ever lead you to believe and I sorely miss mine Sad

Given that it's an import 1.8, does it have an LSD fitted? They were far more common on imports than UK cars and it would be a torsen diff given that it's a 1.8 if it does have one fitted.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 09:53 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Given that it's an import 1.8, does it have an LSD fitted?
I was gonna ask just that.

Needs slamming on minilites
Thanks given by:
Please don't 'slam' it, you'll spoil everything that is good about it.

I really miss mine, spent far too much money on it. Get on MX5Nutz, excellent forum community with some really helpful members. Oh, and don't get suckered in to paying extortionate prices for 'JDM' parts either.

Furthermore, if you ever need some spares contact a mate of mine, Chris at Finishline UK LTD. They campaign a race car in the MX5 cup so regularly have a car being broken for parts or bits from previously broken cars on the shelf. He's pretty handy with setting the car up for fast-road too if that's the route you decide to go down.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 09:42 AM)jammapic Wrote: Good cars these. I've been looking at getting the wife one for a track car, as her 350z 'vert is too big and cumbersome for any real track fun...

Care to divulge a rough ballpark of what you paid for it if you don't mind me asking?

JP

They are so small! It's front wheels aren't off the speed bumps before the back ones get on it... it's too cute.

I paid around the normal asking price of mk1's. The person who I got it off also gave it a service, MOT and most importantly... a switch so I can have sleepy eyes! I can put you in touch if you're interested? He can source a car for you and do anything you want done on it.

(27-03-2014, 09:53 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Excellent Smile

I'm a huge fan of MX5 / Eunos's - FAR better drivers cars than the hairdresser tag would ever lead you to believe and I sorely miss mine Sad

Given that it's an import 1.8, does it have an LSD fitted? They were far more common on imports than UK cars and it would be a torsen diff given that it's a 1.8 if it does have one fitted.

I can see why people love them so much, it's a car that you can easily fall in love with.

I have no idea if it does tbh... I will (ask someone!) to have a look Smile

(27-03-2014, 10:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 09:53 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: Given that it's an import 1.8, does it have an LSD fitted?
I was gonna ask just that.

Needs slamming on minilites

Dum, you read my mind!!
Thanks given by:
They are supposedly great fun, personally i couldnt justify a soft top in this country. Have you checked the ignition timing? Theres a little "mod" on those where you can turn the cam sensor to adjust the ignition timing, meant to give you a bit more mid range torque!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 10:35 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Please don't 'slam' it, you'll spoil everything that is good about it.

I really miss mine, spent far too much money on it. Get on MX5Nutz, excellent forum community with some really helpful members. Oh, and don't get suckered in to paying extortionate prices for 'JDM' parts either.

Furthermore, if you ever need some spares contact a mate of mine, Chris at Finishline UK LTD. They campaign a race car in the MX5 cup so regularly have a car being broken for parts or bits from previously broken cars on the shelf. He's pretty handy with setting the car up for fast-road too if that's the route you decide to go down.

Thanks for the contact, he could be useful Smile

I will *have* to lower it slightly as the arch gap is offending me, a lot. Plus it sits a little higher due to it being an auto before/now it's lighter...

(27-03-2014, 10:41 AM)Tom Wrote: They are supposedly great fun, personally i couldnt justify a soft top in this country. Have you checked the ignition timing? Theres a little "mod" on those where you can turn the cam sensor to adjust the ignition timing, meant to give you a bit more mid range torque!

I haven't but I will look into it Smile
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 10:41 AM)Tom Wrote: They are supposedly great fun, personally i couldnt justify a soft top in this country. Have you checked the ignition timing? Theres a little "mod" on those where you can turn the cam sensor to adjust the ignition timing, meant to give you a bit more mid range torque!

This is on a 1.6 iirc.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
nice to see another japmobile in the local area... good cars these enjoy it you wont miss the 306
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 10:37 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 10:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Needs slamming on minilites

Dum, you read my mind!!

IKR! Are you still up at Scrotts as I'm working this evening and wouldn't mind a closer nosey (or a drive Wink )
Thanks given by:
Mother has got one of these, but its a 1.6 twin-cam. lowered (not too much) sticks to road like glue, such fun to drive
Thanks given by:
Looks great

Should i be expecting a Migtly mods inspired turbo build Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Mmm, I'd always be wishing it had a turbo I think.

That said I've never driven one.

They do seem to get good reviews in terms of handling as a fast road car, not so good for "drift" but I'm sure they can go nice and slide-ways in the wet!

Does it feel as if its lacking power?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 12:37 PM)adamm306 Wrote: nice to see another japmobile in the local area... good cars these enjoy it you wont miss the 306

I can say that I do not miss 306's at all... sadly. I do miss the way they looked tbh.

(27-03-2014, 12:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 10:37 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 10:02 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Needs slamming on minilites

Dum, you read my mind!!

IKR! Are you still up at Scrotts as I'm working this evening and wouldn't mind a closer nosey (or a drive Wink )

I'm not tonight! But I'll take her to Ace one night/shows/meets! Smile

(27-03-2014, 01:54 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks great

Should i be expecting a Migtly mods inspired turbo build Big Grin

oh ghad, I can only dream!

(27-03-2014, 02:05 PM)silverzx Wrote: Mmm, I'd always be wishing it had a turbo I think.

That said I've never driven one.

They do seem to get good reviews in terms of handling as a fast road car, not so good for "drift" but I'm sure they can go nice and slide-ways in the wet!

Does it feel as if its lacking power?

It doesnt really feel like it's 'lacking power' persay, but I guess with most 1.8 naturally aspirated cars... They always do!
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Want one of these so very much, blatantly going to be the next purchase. Will be keeping a close eye on this.

Trent, if you're looking for a drift bus this isn't it, although it is possible to get the back end out in second with a swift clutch kick. If you're looking for something that actually handles then you're in the right place, you get so much feedback, they're completely chuckable and they're quick enough to be fun.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 06:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Awesome. Want one of these so very much, blatantly going to be the next purchase. Will be keeping a close eye on this.

Trent, if you're looking for a drift bus this isn't it, although it is possible to get the back end out in second with a swift clutch kick. If you're looking for something that actually handles then you're in the right place, you get so much feedback, they're completely chuckable and they're quick enough to be fun.

Good luck Alex. I sat in 4waydildos one the other day and it just wasn't comfortable at all. Far too small so you have no hope lol

Does go slidy well though!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If I wasnt going to own a 306 or a 106 then I would probably have one of these. Theyre nice and cheap and awesome handling. The 1.8 goes sideways enough for my liking as well Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 06:18 PM)Poodle Wrote: Awesome. Want one of these so very much, blatantly going to be the next purchase. Will be keeping a close eye on this.

There's not even any need for a clutch kick, they actually do quite well already Angel ninja

They do handle very well though, I can see what the fuss is about with them, and they're perfectly comfortable (dare I say it more compliant than the Megane) for general driving. Lots of road feel and extremely pointy steering Smile
Thanks given by:
Turbo it
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I actually fit in the mk1 ok, surprisingly, no more cramped than a lot of small modern cars - i'll never understand how they made a mini into a bus on the outside, but somehow never managed to translate that into proper legroom for the driver lol. Plus with a couple of minor mods there'll be an extra 3" or so, which makes all the difference.

Lol Scott, that's good news! I've only been able to drive them on fairly busy roads so far, not the best place to push it too hard. ninja I reckon the pointiness of the front end may well be the best bit, that and what you can feel through the steering wheel.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle... Charli would look AMAZING in one of these!
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 07:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: I actually fit in the mk1 ok, surprisingly, no more cramped than a lot of small modern cars - i'll never understand how they made a mini into a bus on the outside, but somehow never managed to translate that into proper legroom for the driver lol. Plus with a couple of minor mods there'll be an extra 3" or so, which makes all the difference.

The new mini is just an embarrassment of a car really!
Ive heard 3" does make a big difference Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 08:50 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 07:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: I actually fit in the mk1 ok, surprisingly, no more cramped than a lot of small modern cars - i'll never understand how they made a mini into a bus on the outside, but somehow never managed to translate that into proper legroom for the driver lol. Plus with a couple of minor mods there'll be an extra 3" or so, which makes all the difference.

Especially if it's in girth rather than length
Thanks given by:
MK1's are actually more spacious than the MK2 / MK2.5s.

Don't fit a big aftermarket exhaust, it kills what (little) torque these engines have as standard. Decat is worth it, but keep the exhaust a small/stock diameter or it will resonate and sound like shit.

Other thing is the cone filter situation. The airbox sits above the exhaust manifold. Not a problem stock as the airbox deflects most of the heat, but a lot of people fit a cone in the same position and it just breathes all the hot air in = mega fail.

Most imports have them already, but the front and rear braces do make a nice difference and make it feel a little bit less wobbly. Bolt-in half cages are even better Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 11:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 08:50 PM)Niall Wrote:

Especially if it's in girth rather than length

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] always one
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 10:03 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: MK1's are actually more spacious than the MK2 / MK2.5s.

Don't fit a big aftermarket exhaust, it kills what (little) torque these engines have as standard. Decat is worth it, but keep the exhaust a small/stock diameter or it will resonate and sound like shit.

Other thing is the cone filter situation. The airbox sits above the exhaust manifold. Not a problem stock as the airbox deflects most of the heat, but a lot of people fit a cone in the same position and it just breathes all the hot air in = mega fail.

Most imports have them already, but the front and rear braces do make a nice difference and make it feel a little bit less wobbly. Bolt-in half cages are even better Big Grin

This is some good info! I did wonder why people relocated the cone...!

I've got an upper strut brace fitted and I like the idea of the lower brace...
Thanks given by:
It's not a lower brace, but a rear brace. Sits behind the seats at about ear-height and makes a definite improvement, some cars have it standard. Can be picked up for about a tenner and just bolts in at the seatbelt mounting points.

Have fun changing the oil filter lol
Thanks given by:
The rear brace should be present as standard on an L-reg I think, but yes, certainly worth checking and getting if it's not present.

The oil filter location is certainly not the most thoughtful piece of design by the Japanese - I'd forgotten about the fun that was doing a service and needing to be double-jointed to remove the filter lol

If you haven't already, check the rear sills and quarters for rot - MX5's are notorious for going there thanks to another questionable bit of design, and I remember when I was looking for mine a few years back that it was getting hard to find early cars that weren't going there. They rot from the inside out, so by the time you start to see bubbling on the outside it's already in a bad way - oh how I laugh at the "slight surface rust" claims on many an eBay advert...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
+1 the rot on these put me off them.. very hard to find a good one tap the sills youll be able to hear if its f*cked
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by: