Electrical problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical problem
i have 20days to solve it before its hitting the garage.....306oc.co.uk get to work people with suggestions Big Grin haha cause im stumped
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My bets on an earth fault
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor - will research where all my earths are then get back to you haha
Thanks given by:
Well I've looked and can't find a definite answer to all the earth points...anyone know so I check them over...I guess for the time being my car wont earn an extra mile or two whilst it's refusing to work
Thanks given by:
the earth underneath the drivers footwell is a large earth, could be related - im useless with electrics, but know a few earth points.

check that one??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to check all my earths. Hopefully it's something silly...just don't understand why I replace the part and refuses to work altogether,put the old one back in and don't work either so it's annoying lol
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:I'm just going to check all my earths. Hopefully it's something silly...just don't understand why I replace the part and refuses to work altogether,put the old one back in and don't work either so it's annoying lol

may be worth then just whipping that out again, check the plug, pins, board etc... and work your way from the start again
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I think you must have knocked something when fitting the new unit. Isn't there an earth there?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Other thing it could be is a f*cked box.
There is a little wheel In the gearbox that runs the sensor.

I would start the car and turn the speed sensor and get someone to watch the speedo. If it works, could be new box time Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There is no way of turning that speed sensor it's covered in oil and a tubular shape so nothing will grab onto it. Well the gearbox currently on there is a 2nd hand on so guess another one will b needed soon. Calling Tom - can you do gearbox changes haha
Thanks given by:
so where are all the earth points do people know???
Thanks given by:
Just went to look on autodata and my car laptop is flat and I can't find the chargerSad

One under the dash on drivers side, one on top of the gearbox. Will more than likely be one of these two
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[Image: earthpoints.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone got a pic of the earth location the the gearbox housing??? I appreciate all this help but got limited time to find problem
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:Anyone got a pic of the earth location the the gearbox housing??? I appreciate all this help but got limited time to find problem

It's just behind the filler point. Just follow the lead from the battery neg. it's easy.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
so the lead will go down to the earth on gearbox? cheers will go find it now.hopefully thats simply out of position
Thanks given by:
Checked all earths and nothing is loose at all Sad

Could it really be an internal gearbox problem??
Thanks given by:
If I was you, find out what earth wire is on the speedo plug and check the continuity to the battery. Could be a smaller broken wire.
Electrical fault finding is a pig Sad

I hope for your sake it isn't a internal gearbox issue!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will dig out servicebox and inspect a few things tonight I think Sad balls just as the car was comin up trumps
Thanks given by:
It ain't a gearbox problem, its an earth problem from the back of the sensor
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
right people take a look at this please.....
[Image: electric.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No you checked the right part. The other circled one is nothing to do with speedo. Part 2 on the right hand drawing is only plastic. Could of been damaged? I hope not but think before you check that out, check all the wiring out.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The right hand circle is the part i bought and is brand new
Thanks given by:
Good. Need to check wiring then failing that, part 2 I reckon.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It was an intermittent fault, which screams electrical fault to me, as a mechanical part will either be fine and work, or be f*cked and not work
Thanks given by:
will need to get my bloody volt meter out then... balls to it,why cant things be simple

so im assuming i need to take the plug off turn the car over and check theres voltage going to the plug?
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:It was an intermittent fault, which screams electrical fault to me, as a mechanical part will either be fine and work, or be f*cked and not work

Not necierally. Look at the old old fiestas. They had a problem with that. Problem is it was a box apart job to fix for a simple 30p part!

I would start with continuity checks on the wires. I will send you over some auto data drawings and you can check for broken wires.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cully - cheers for diagram

Naill - cheers mate thatll help
Thanks given by:
ben is it a 3 plug ecu or a single plug?
Thanks given by:
on a 3plug ecu
pin 2 wire M1620 on the speed sensor is ground
it is linked to the MAF pin 3 wire 1410
its also linked to pin1 wire M1150 on the glowplug relay
its also linked to the ecu two pins L4/M4 wire M1320/M1320

there is no earth connection other than through the ecu
i would check the ecu earth and also the plugs and pins on the ecu for corrosion
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electrical woes bashbarnard 13 2,922 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Electrical help!!! Pompey306mark 7 1,967 16-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
Rainbow I got a electrical problem tomosy10 9 2,409 19-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob