Someone tell me to man up please....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone tell me to man up please....
Not particularly 306 based, but there is a 323 coupe up in fleetwood for strangely cheap, it looks in great condition apart from surface rust on the rear two arches, the mot runs out next month and the tax in august.

apparently its in great condition and drives good, but for £450 something doesnt seem right. And the train is only £10 up but its £33 down, so if its shit its gonna cost me quite a bit...

Should I man up?
Thanks given by:
Early signs of rust on those...not good in my experience.

Depending on age, I'd say thats right price though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Theres an old saying that goes........ If it seems to good to be true it probably is !!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: Early signs of rust on those...not good in my experience.

Depending on age, I'd say thats right price though

This is the ad, http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...tem-full-4

this is the rust:
[attachment=14896]

[attachment=14895]
Thanks given by:
That link doesnt work for me Undecided

Concern is those arches rust from inside out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
try this

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor...tem-full-4

Hmm i cant find it if i search for it but that link works for me, maybe he deleted it
Thanks given by:
why one rusty disc and one non rusty, broken brakes?

tbh bit pricey for the fact it needs moting and its a poverty spec bmw too, get 328 m sport far better car...

just my opinion and can be had for same money..
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:29 PM)mspdan Wrote: why one rusty disc and one non rusty, broken brakes?

One side parked up against a wall, or one side to the wind/rain.

Happens all the time with my cars
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
still as above, lack mot and poverty spec...

buy the 2.8 change the manifold and get same mpg and more power win win Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I cant afford the insurance for a 328, hence the 323, I think I can cut the price down abit more, theres no cheap ones down in devon though thats why im trying to nab one while im still up north

Its had a new clutch and its has good service history apparently
Heres some more pics:
Thanks given by:
Out of curiosity, why are you thinking of a 323?

They are pretty thirsty, heavy, sluggish things...and with pov spec interior, I cant see the appeal of this one at all Undecided

Just me?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
upto you mate but i think you culd do better for money....

personal opinion, end day you have drive it and its what you are happy with Smile
Thanks given by:
walk away..
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I like coupes and i like rwd cars, 323 is the fastest one i can afford to buy and insure.

It was between this, a d turbo, a celiecia gt and primera gt.

But I've already had a 306 and the other two are abit dull compared

(01-04-2014, 09:39 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: walk away..

How come?
Thanks given by:
erm buy a 1.8is which is the 1.9 engine as coupe be a better car insurance wise than a 323, far better on fuel and if your a child you can still slidey slidey with roundabouts Smile

do you really want a heavy fuel consumption 6 cylinder if your worried about insurance prices?
Thanks given by:
I have one of these wouldn't say it's sluggish at all but at 45 miles to £15 it's a thirsty bitch

I wouldn't bother with that one once the arches go it's gone in other places I'm speaking from experience
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
1.8 coupe is £200 more to insure for some odd reason
Thanks given by:
ah but is it the 1.8 or the 1.9 buddy

being p reg, i might be wrong and someone can correct me i do apologise but it will have the older phase wings on too :/

personal the lack of mot should say it all to you!
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:40 PM)aaronshort Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 09:39 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: walk away..

How come?

because of the below...

(01-04-2014, 09:44 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I have one of these wouldn't say it's sluggish at all but at 45 miles to £15 it's a thirsty bitch

I wouldn't bother with that one once the arches go it's gone in other places I'm speaking from experience

Thanks given by:
either, 316, 318, 320, 325, 328, 330 all around £200 more than a 323

Older phase wings? mot is a worry but he just put 6 months of tax on it yesterday so he must think its worth something?
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:49 PM)aaronshort Wrote: either, 316, 318, 320, 325, 328, 330 all around £200 more than a 323

Older phase wings? mot is a worry but he just put 6 months of tax on it yesterday so he must think its worth something?

yes they have different wings for coupe and 5 door and also different phase wings slightly on age, nothing major..

or he has taxed it as he still needs it or for someone to be able drive it away?
bmw to be fair dont usually fail on much unless drifted or rotten, my 328 always went through same with mates 328 m sport...

not trying talk you out of it at all but have you seen any others?
Thanks given by:
Lovely cars mine has the full leather and m sport bits if a 3 door was still practicle if have another

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I saw one on saturday, it was an absolute dog, hence the nervousness about this one.

This guy seems alot more genuine than the other bloke though..
Thanks given by:
I don't like the look of that at all, why would you not MOT it and get more money? Also, those arches do rust from the inside out so if you get under the arch liners I'd bet they're far worse. Also, the 323 is no better on juice than a 328 and they are 220-230bhp with an M50 manifold and a remap compared to the 170bhp in a 323. Plus, speaking as someone who's run a few thirsty cars like this, if you're worried about £200 a year insurance don't get one of these, I spend more than that that a month on fuel and my 190 is far better on fuel than one of these.

What about a 318TDS or 325TDS? The 318 chips to 130bhp and will get 45-50mpg on a run, the 325TDS chips to 170bhp, sounds awesome and will get 40mpg on a run Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
328s are only 193 Bhp but have more torque

If it's rotten walk away unless you have big balls and deep pockets

They do go slidy slidy very well Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
There are many more, nicer, better specced cars than that out there for the money.
JP
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't bother!!!i had a 323 on a 52 plate but no mot, took it for one and needed new spring and new tire, 67k but fsh and I only paid 600 :/ made a tidy profit on that Wink lol but woud t give him 150 for that !!
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't. Cheap for a reason comes to mind.

My last E36 had had its rear outer arches repaired, a few months later I could fist the rust holes on the rear spring mounts.

Don't buy it if you can't afford it to be a money pit, even my 325tds only averaged 30mpg, constantly needed New tyres and insurance wasn't terrible
Thanks given by:
It's a pov spec so not even worth breaking...

Thanks given by: