adrian flux

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adrian flux
(01-04-2014, 07:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 06:40 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 02:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 106s cost more to insure than 306s.... My NAD wasn't far off the Golf at the time! lol

As for DOCs, its mainly about your Job Puggy, I'm penalised for being unable to work yet again with car insurance, and not allowed DOCs because of that. However I wouldn't get DOCs if I was working in the motor trade either. Stupid really as I'd happily extra for it.

Tom, not being in employment will have no bearing on whether or not you get that benefit.

Jobs in the motor trade will never get the benefit for obvious reasons!

That's exactly what I was told when I asked lol.... May not have been Flux, may've been brent/greenlight.

And what are the obvious reasons? Why shouldn't a mechanic be able to drive his wife to Tesco in her car at the weekends? It's ridiculous imo.

I work in the motor trade and DOC on my policy and have done for the last 7 years I've being in the industry, depends what job you do in the trade though I guess.

But a mechanic husband could drive his wife's car to the shops as he would probably be named on her policy, me and my wife are down as named drivers on each other's policy.

As for flux, I wouldn't give them the job of insuring my push bike let alone my pride and joy of a car.
If the claims staff are as incompetent, inept and with such a lack of knowledge as the people raising me policies then is hate to have to make a claim!
If I had an option of paying £300 a year with flux or £500 a year else where I'd go elsewhere, in fact I don't even bother asking flux for quotes these days
Thanks given by:
When I was with Ensleigh I was a student with a part time job perhaps that's why.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 02:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 106s cost more to insure than 306s.... My NAD wasn't far off the Golf at the time! lol

As for DOCs, its mainly about your Job Puggy, I'm penalised for being unable to work yet again with car insurance, and not allowed DOCs because of that. However I wouldn't get DOCs if I was working in the motor trade either. Stupid really as I'd happily extra for it.

Tom, not being in employment will have no bearing on whether or not you get that benefit.

That's exactly what I was told when I asked lol.... May not have been Flux, may've been brent/greenlight.

And what are the obvious reasons? Why shouldn't a mechanic be able to drive his wife to Tesco in her car at the weekends? It's ridiculous imo.

Surely a mechanic would be named on his wife's car to drive it at the weekend? Driving Third party only is a big risk isn't it?

One of the main reasons driving other cars isn't allowed with motor trade occupations is driving customers cars for example, when trade insurance would usually be necessary.

Thing is Tom, why do you want it so badly? Because it's 'handy'?

If it's so you can buy cars to break & drive them home then it's no use. For starters the car you drive under the extension MUST be insured by its owner. Meaning you can only drive a car that is owned and insured by its owner. This also means you can't buy a car, get the owner to leave it insured for you to drive home as you would then own it.

It's a benefit that doesn't get used half as much as people expect, same with 'personal' breakdown, I'm a sucker for that but realistically I've never used it in anyone else's car & pay too much for the same cover I could get just for my car!
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 08:49 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(01-04-2014, 06:40 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Tom, not being in employment will have no bearing on whether or not you get that benefit.

Surely a mechanic would be named on his wife's car to drive it at the weekend? Driving Third party only is a big risk isn't it?

One of the main reasons driving other cars isn't allowed with motor trade occupations is driving customers cars for example, when trade insurance would usually be necessary.

Thing is Tom, why do you want it so badly? Because it's 'handy'?

If it's so you can buy cars to break & drive them home then it's no use. For starters the car you drive under the extension MUST be insured by its owner. Meaning you can only drive a car that is owned and insured by its owner. This also means you can't buy a car, get the owner to leave it insured for you to drive home as you would then own it.

It's a benefit that doesn't get used half as much as people expect, same with 'personal' breakdown, I'm a sucker for that but realistically I've never used it in anyone else's car & pay too much for the same cover I could get just for my car!

I don't see the problem with driving 3rd party only tbh? I've only gone fully comp as it was cheaper than tpft plus windscreen cover lol. I'd never claim for my car anyway.

Not to drive the cars as they're usually f*cked. But theres at least 2 scenarios that I'd use fairly often tbh.

1. To drive Mums/Sisters car either when mines broken, or to determine faults with thiers. 'Its feeling funny' isn't a great description for an accurate diagnosis. lol
2. To drive Dads car (estate with towbar) either for large loads or with a flat bed trailer to collect cars and scrap the shells

Also pretty sure everyone with DOCs assumes they can drive home on the previous owners insurance, lots of people do it....I didn't realise that wasn't legal tbh. How are you supposed to buy a car then? Insure it beforehand? Might turn up and it be a shitter (I've done this more than once). Phone the insurer on your mobile (if you've got any signal, theres sod all round here) and pay loads while they leave you on hold and make you answer ridiculous questions constantly? Or just drive it home without insurance....as you wont be picked up on ANPR if its still insured b previous owner, just have to hope you don't get pulled by the cops.

Insurance/tax laws in this country are f*cking stupid tbh.
Thanks given by:
What I mean by third party only Tom, is if for example a man drives his wife's 10k mini for example on his TPO extension, and writes it off - that car isn't covered. For the usually minimal additional premium to add a husband/wife to a policy - why wouldn't you?

My partner is with Diamond & believe it or not it makes her insurance a good couple hundred pounds cheaper with me on it & I'm only 22.

If there's a car I'd drive more than once then I'd certainly want to be named on the policy, I'd hate to write someone else's car off & have no cover to repair it!

If you're not a high risk then it shouldn't add a huge premium to be named on a policy?

The 'Driving other cars' extension, dependant on the insurer, usually reads along the lines of "Covers the policy holder to drive somebody else's vehicle third party only, as long as that vehicle is insured by it's registered owner & keeper" now if you've just purchased a vehicle, you own it, therefore not adhering to that statement. Best to read your documents or contact your insurer if unsure.

I'm 22 and don't have the benefit, never looked at getting it as I'd have no use, I'm named on ambers & can't think of any other cars I'd need to drive, I was added to my mums for a week when I had to fix it once, that's about it!
Thanks given by:

Its utter bollocks, as they dont allow it because they think itll be used for work, but the majority of people in the trade who would need to drive a car for work, will be covered by their works insurance anyway
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tom you go look at the car and put a deposit on it. Then go back next day with valid insurance. :-)

Jordan I've never really needed it tbh, but my dad's going away on Sunday so I'm going to use his car incase I need to get to his house for anything, seeing as mine won't be ready still.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2014, 09:23 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: If you're not a high risk then it shouldn't add a huge premium to be named on a policy?

The 'Driving other cars' extension, dependant on the insurer, usually reads along the lines of "Covers the policy holder to drive somebody else's vehicle third party only, as long as that vehicle is insured by it's registered owner & keeper" now if you've just purchased a vehicle, you own it, therefore not adhering to that statement. Best to read your documents or contact your insurer if unsure.

I am high risk due to being 'unemployed' lol (meaning I have less money to waste on fuel, and that I wont be driving in rush hour, or leaving my car parked in a random car park away from home all day every day, yeah I can see where the risk is there Dodgy ). Tried being added to my Mums insurance and the price doubled. Tried going on my sisters and even that added £500.

And yeah, that does make sense, I'd just never thought of it like that....and as said I know a lot of people have done it thinking they are perfectly legal to do so. Confused

I really don't know why we cant just insure the car, include tax in that, and allow anyone to drive it, and have done with it. Would be much simpler!

(01-04-2014, 09:52 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Tom you go look at the car and put a deposit on it. Then go back next day with valid insurance. :-)

That's alright if you're local and have plenty of options for travelling to it I guess. I have neither lol...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adrian flux renewal has come through. Pompey306mark 14 4,415 25-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  Adrian flux are literal aids Jukie88 11 2,229 03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Kimmie
  thumbs up for flux procta 1 771 24-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Last Post: procta