Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD9 swap project
I'm looking to transplant a XUD9 into a different shell.
It's not a pug so I'm pretty much on my own in that regard Smile

My daily is currently a Passat modded for veg, before than an Astra doing the same. I had a ZX for a while too but it went to a mate. All in I've done about 300K now on veg in various motors.
Out of all of them, I've decided the XUD9 is the best way forward for swapping for various reasons; mainly being the best Smile , space over box for bigger turbo, pump at front, takes more abuse than the 4EE1, not electronic like the AFN (tho the positive on that longer term is VNT control and mappable and I might convert it one day...).

So ideally looking for a car to break as no doubt I'll be missing some bits if I just take the running gear.
There are a couple in the FS section, but I've resisted as they need looking at due to overheating.
So the search continues for a 306/405/ZX to make the project start & ideally close to home !

Meanwhile I'm measuring up the bay and thinking about how to do the mounts based on pics and measurements taken at the scrap yard !!

I went looking for a specification of the engine and box for the weight, but cannot find the defacto information - listing block, complete engine, gearbox, full swap.
I'm guessing at the moment it's going to add about 100kg to the front end, so spring rates need some thought.
Thanks given by: