Modified car insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified car insurance
No, if anything it fuels my hate and makes me want to beat a 6' even more
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It's a losing battle mate. You need compression for that.

Plus I've yet to hear of a 6 rusting around the Ariel base Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
im sure its hard to hear much else over all the tap tap tappingg lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Fair play sir. Fair play
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 11:48 AM)lolsteve Wrote: haha okay so ran them up and they guy said
"we've already declined you because you're not a performance car like a st or type r"
to which I replied "but I come from the 306oc where you guys are well rated on the gti6's and that"
"oh yea a gti6 we'll cover easily but not your car...so yea....sorry about that..."
"i see"
"yea...."
"goodbye"

You do have the performance/chav edition of your car though...in the same way that the ST is the performance version of a bog standard focus.
Bit silly really, although if I were an insurer I probably wouldn't touch ZRs either.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 11:48 AM)lolsteve Wrote: haha okay so ran them up and they guy said
"we've already declined you because you're not a performance car like a st or type r"
to which I replied "but I come from the 306oc where you guys are well rated on the gti6's and that"
"oh yea a gti6 we'll cover easily but not your car...so yea....sorry about that..."
"i see"
"yea...."
"goodbye"

haha it all points firmly in the direction of the 6 being the superior car . . Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just swapped the Jag's insurance over to Brentacre today.

FANTASTIC, and I mean fantastic service, and even despite a cancellation fee from the other company, it worked out £30 cheaper, and there's other benefits too.

400hp+ car insured for £400. Billy.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Yeap, cant fault brentacre...in my third year with them now...
This yrs renewal I rang around, Greenlight wouldnt do business cover and said no one would on a modded car, which is a lie.
Flux was £265 more than brentacre...

And guys Ive spoken to at Brent' all have modded cars so know what you mean when you say about a mod.

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So rather than making a new thread, ill bump this one instead. So who are the companys to try? Currently with flux, but they want 490 quid, which is around the same (maybe a bit more) as last year.

So, Flux, Brentacre, greenlight, sky. Any others ive missed?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Chris knott?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think you have it covered there....thats the few companies that I spoke to.

ended up going back to flux saying what I could get it for...either they beat it or I would be cancelling my policy that day.
Thanks given by:
"i see"
"yea...."
"goodbye"

hahaha only just seen this response! well they are right really, as its only a rover 200 with a body kit, Tongue see if it had a T series engine in then they would play.
but as it is standard and heavy i wouldn't even entertain it, with it been that heavy Tongue
Thanks given by:
Worth noting you have to be 21 with greenlight...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Well so far, so good. Prestige have beaten fluxs quote by 20 quid and going from TPFT to FC. Filled out greenlights online doofer thingy and requested a call back from sky. Oh and just remembered I need to speak to brentacre as well
Thanks given by:
I have the two insured with brentacre, they do me a cracking deal with the two, in fact 200 quid saving from last year!
Thanks given by:
You can play flux and someone else off for about 5 rounds to get a really good price, just keep going back and forth.

The flux guarantee isn't worth the paper its written on though
Thanks given by:
Thats what I plan on doing, but if I can play 2, 3 or maybe even 4 off each other, then even better. I have tried it in previous uears, but this is the first anyone has got close to flux, let alone beat them, if I can gget anywhere near 400 ill be happy
Thanks given by:
Well so far so good, had call backs fron Sky and Greenlight today. Sky smashed both quotes out the park today, beat my renewal of 490 down to 400 on TPFT and beat Prestige on FC by £10. Still waiting to hear back from Brentacre and will probably phone flux tomorrow to see if they can do anything
Thanks given by:
Yeah, last year Flux told me to like it or lump it after the second quote they matched, but the other insurer refused to beat them so I'm still with them.

The year before I played Flux off against Chris Knott at least 5 times, and must've saved nearly £200 plus got some goodies thrown in for free Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Greenlight said they couldnt get close, but the guy seemed really helpful on the phone. Brentacre beat Flux by a little bit, but it was FC. Sky are still out in front by quite a bit and Im still waiting to hear back from Chris Knott
Thanks given by:
You got DOC on the FC policy? That's the main thing I'm going to be pushing for this year, need to be able to legally take stuff for test drives!
Thanks given by:
That was one of the things I asked for, but Sky said I had to be 25 (so well see about that next year) Tbh I reckon its more to do with being a technician in the motor trade. Ill see what flux have to say about it tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Darn, I really hope I can get it, fancy buying another car next year, and would rather drive it before I do so Tongue
Thanks given by:
Juat had a call back from prestige (well they said another name I cant remember, but it's their number I rang in the first place) and they didnt even try to beat any prices, just simply asked if I had any better quotes, which I said yes and then just said sorry and that was that. Also just spoke with Chris Knott, who beat Sky on a FC policy by another £20 Big Grin so im getting lower and lower, which is really the first time ive been able to do this, normally they just say "wow thats a good quote, we cant match let alone beat that" also Kez, Chris Knott also said I had to be 25 for doc's
Thanks given by:
And the saga continues... Just called flux and they managed to beat Chris Knott and get down to £400, but with a compulsory excess of £400 instead of the £250 Sky and CK were offering. So called CN straight back and they dropped to £385 and matched the excess of £400. Waiting for another call back from Sky now to see what they can do
Thanks given by:
Flux will match the £385 but thats about all I'm gonna get from them I think, so out of the 2, I think ill be going with Chris Knott. That's if sky cant do anything anyway
Thanks given by:
Although the excess from flux will be like £400, you can get a 'thing' from them that costs peanuts but they'll cover the full excess for whatever reason
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah they did mention it, but if im honsest I really dont intend on making a claim, so for the sake of £30 I wont bother
Thanks given by:
And the winner is... Chris Knott with £370 FC, well chuffed with that
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-Modified Insurance Kezzieboy 9 1,369 02-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Last Post: td163
  modified insurance? toyo16 48 6,826 11-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: nominous
  Modified car insurance Danny2009 36 8,569 01-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii