Joey Vnt control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Vnt control
I've just been looking at darrenjlobb's video on joeys rebuild. So how is the vnt controlled exactly ?
Thanks given by:
With research
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
He explains it in there. Turn the vacuum actuator into a boost actuator and plumb it up with a manual boost controller and it works just as a wastegated turbo would, bar loads of complicated setting up.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
EFA

(21-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: He explains it in there. Turn the vacuum actuator into a boost actuator and plumb it up with a manual boost controller and it works just as a wastegated turbo would, psi loads of complicated setting up.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: He explains it in there. Turn the vacuum actuator into a boost actuator and plumb it up with a manual boost controller and it works just as a wastegated turbo would, bar loads of complicated setting up.

Yea I got that in the video, but it seemed to easy... what sort of setup is involved?
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 10:59 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: EFA

(21-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: He explains it in there. Turn the vacuum actuator into a boost actuator and plumb it up with a manual boost controller and it works just as a wastegated turbo would, psi loads of complicated setting up.

lmao

(21-03-2014, 11:01 PM)pugtk Wrote:
(21-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Tom Wrote: He explains it in there. Turn the vacuum actuator into a boost actuator and plumb it up with a manual boost controller and it works just as a wastegated turbo would, bar loads of complicated setting up.

Yea I got that in the video, but it seemed to easy... what sort of setup is involved?

The length of the actuator rod, the stifness of the spring and other bits even i dont know.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 11:01 PM)pugtk Wrote:

Understanding where and at what pressures the actuator opens/moves
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
And how far it moves...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is there many members running vnt?
Thanks given by:
Nope. And for good reason
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Id love a vnt but the setting it all up gives me a migraine
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If my car wasnt my daily i would give it a go. I mean its all well and good saying that now but if i had a way to get around during the day and the 205 was just for fun i would of tried it myself. But if you rely on your car its not something you want to be getting stressy about.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Other alternative is something similar to this -
http://dmn.kuulalaakeri.org/vnt-lda/
Thanks given by: