Cutting out problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting out problem
Question 
I've come across this problem that when I get to about quarter of a tank it either cuts out and I can't start it for a few seconds, or my engine light comes on and I get the codes...
Po220 Throttle position sensor.
Po380 glow pug
Po230 fuel pump primary.
[attachment=14459]
[attachment=14460]
[attachment=14461]
I'm slightly confused on why it seems to do this? Any ideas?
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Its something to do with your fuel pumo mate. Someone will be here to say exactly what. The
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 11:08 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Its something to do with your fuel pumo mate. Someone will be here to say exactly what. The

A pal mentioned that maybe my filter needs cleaning? Maybe the bottom half is just a bit more filthy than it should be
Thanks given by:
It's could be worth letting her run down on fuel then cleaning out the gunk in the tank and strainer if it's never been done.

Are you an "enthusiastic" driver? Wink A lot of people find that stage 2 power is too much for their fuel tank to cope with - no really, the acceleration can actually force the fuel back away from the pick up point for the pump, causing a loss in pressure. You'll get the same problem on long right-hand corners and roundabouts. Try leaving a bit more fuel in the tank, you might find it makes the necessary difference.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 06:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: It's could be worth letting her run down on fuel then cleaning out the gunk in the tank and strainer if it's never been done.

Are you an "enthusiastic" driver? Wink A lot of people find that stage 2 power is too much for their fuel tank to cope with - no really, the acceleration can actually force the fuel back away from the pick up point for the pump, causing a loss in pressure. You'll get the same problem on long right-hand corners and roundabouts. Try leaving a bit more fuel in the tank, you might find it makes the necessary difference.

Wow someone is up early! And yes I kinda of am, well I like to show up a few people, their face when they see a 5door hatch sooting past them :p Ahh thanks anyways! Might give it a clean on the weekend!
Thanks given by:
i had exactly same problem mate, turns out the filters in my car needed cleaning/ changing. That being lift pump and fuel filter.

although my lift pump didnt last much longer after this started to be fair, wouldnt run below a quarter of a tank, id be checking your filters and also how much gold flakes are in the bottom of the fuel filter housing

thanks
Thanks given by:
Check the wire mesh filter in the lift pump in the tank, after that clean the fuel pressure regulator.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 05:58 PM)pro_steve Wrote: Check the wire mesh filter in the lift pump in the tank, after that clean the fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks guys I will check this out, on my list of things to do!
Thanks given by:
how did you get on mate?
Thanks given by: