Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone in the south fancy helping doing a cambelt change..?
Should do mine really... Would like to do it myself but never done one before, so could do with a hand, someone fairly near Dorset would be ideal. Beer tokens can/will be provided Smile

Cheers,
laurence
Thanks given by:
Is it that much of an arse? Haha
Thanks given by:
Not particularly; just don't think there's a large base of members that way..

I know Matt is in Bournemouth but he's pretty busy, most others are closer hampshire, cornwall or further north.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't mind a bit of a road trip to get it done Smile just want to learn how to do it really... The last one I spent 250 getting it and a couple other things done... And it would be nice to save some of that haha
Thanks given by:
Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm in Chichester at the moment, more than up for giving a hand Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 10:59 PM)Tom Wrote: Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?

Ahh I'll have to look for that thread Smile that's ozonehostile?

(21-03-2014, 12:31 AM)Matt Wrote: I'm in Chichester at the moment, more than up for giving a hand Smile

Nice one! Smile what sort of time does it usually take?
Thanks given by:
Tbh mate, depends how much if a bastard it wants to be, if set aside a couple of hours to be safe
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
sounds ideal... where's a good place for you to do it? probably be easier for me to come to you wont it?
Thanks given by:
(20-03-2014, 10:59 PM)Tom Wrote: Loads of lads in Devon all pretty clued up. Zakk is up a bit from you i think hes Herefordshire? but he loves helping people :p Theres a meet there actually to do someone elses car so maybe you could join in?

That will be my French racing shed tom lol The meet is this Saturday Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2014, 05:48 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:

That will be my French racing shed tom lol The meet is this Saturday Smile

oops... completely missed out on that one Speechless Did they get the other car sorted?
Thanks given by:
The car is now repaired, I think? We rebuilt it last Sunday and the water-pump started leaking due to a crack in the gasket, so Zach has had MYA in his workshop all this week rebuilding it all again Smile.

Hopefully collecting it sat morning Smile

Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 10:03 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: The car is now repaired, I think? We rebuilt it last Sunday and the water-pump started leaking due to a crack in the gasket, so Zach has had MYA in his workshop all this week rebuilding it all again Smile.

Hopefully collecting it sat morning Smile

Ahh nice one! bit gutted I missed out really lol, did many people turn upp?
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't ask Zakk to do it :L his exact words were "I'm never doing a ******* belt again I would rather pay money than do this ever again :p
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I'm sure there was more swearing rob lol

Not many peeps turned up Lawrence hence it took 2 days...then the water pump leaked Sad

Thanks given by:
(11-04-2014, 04:03 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: I'm sure there was more swearing rob lol

Not many peeps turned up Lawrence hence it took 2 days...then the water pump leaked Sad

ahh shocking... Sad sorry I didn't turn up lol, probably wouldnt of been much use anyway haha
Thanks given by:
Cars are cars mate, they sometimes don't play ball Smile

Thanks given by:
Its more than sometimes...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
True tom but trying to stay positive Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cambelt change guide Matt 8 1,686 17-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Matt
  Cambelt change jonas306 4 1,125 10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Cambelt Change (timing hole alignment) Mark 30 14,123 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: ADV_93