Fuel Filler Delivery pipe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Filler Delivery pipe
Hey everyone again, have another lovely question yet again, is it easy to remove the fuel filler pipe that runs from your cap to your tank, that pipe.

There is a blockage in the pipe and its causing the fuel insertion to slow right down and cause the pump to click, I can see what it is, some idiot rammed chicken wire in the pipe (probs to stop dippers hahaha) But anyways, how do i remove that filler pipe? Does it involve removing the tank, or is it a little easier (hopefully)

Thanks again everyone
Thanks given by:
From recent and past experience, the fuel elbow that connects the filler pipe to the tank, can be reconnected simply by undoing the tank brackets a little bit, so the tank is a bit lower.

When I say a little bit, I mean most of the way.

Dont take the fuel elbow off the tank and you shouldnt have any fuel to deal with!

Or check, see if a split fuel elbow is a HDi thing. If it is, change it now. The Elbow is only £30. Youll lose lots of fuel when it starts leaking.

I know it is a big problem on 1.8 petrols, but not sure about HDis. I wish i'd done mine when I swapped the fuel tank 2 years ago!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I remove filler cap strips? Orta 4 1,925 18-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Fuel filler neck Ben Jay 2 988 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ben Jay
  fuel filler lid wont open Jimmyboycheck 4 1,355 18-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle