mpps v13 help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mpps v13 help
(07-10-2015, 08:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Use Galletto, it's clearly superior. Wink

Are there actually any drivers for it or is it trying to run in compatability?

Not true, so please don't buy the Galletto, I get so many people calling me asking for help with them.
The MPPS is much easier to set up, and SO much more reliable. I've not yet had anyone wipe their ECU using the MPPS, so that say's something for reliability doesn't it Smile
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I've personally used Galletto on several cars (HDi's and PDs) without any issue at all! MPPS on the other hand, had it's first failure yesterday...considering I've only used it 3 or 4 times thats not a great hit rate in my experience. lol

I also find Galletto easier to use and don't remember any setup issues either (that said I did install it nearly 4 years ago the first time).

I know you've obviously got a lot more experience in this field and maybe over a wider range there are more 'bad' Galletto's, but as I say I've not had a single issue with mine, used at least 15 times now, well double if you count reading maps as well.
Thanks given by:
Trust me, the Galletto's are way too unreliable. The MPPS only seems to fail if you give it a reason to fail, like a change in power, knocking the cable etc. The Galletto tools seem to pick and chose when they are going to work, and then you got the issues of installing the drivers which usually has to be done manually.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Another vote the galletto being unreliable. Which is a shame as it covers alot more cars than the MPPS. For the EDC15 ecu though just go with MPPS at least it has a recovery mode.
'Old faithful' decided to just stop working the other day after it doing ecu data which showed up fine. Luckily it failed before erasing the ECU so no damage was done. It doesnt seem a case of if a galletto tool goes defective but more when will it become defective
From what I've seen of the MPPS it doesn't have as much of a "cross your fingers and pray" feel to it when reading/writing
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
MPPS wouldn't work again today. Guessing it hasnt liked the Win10 upgrade (where Galletto is fine with it Itwasntme lol ). Anyone else had issues with it on Win10? I would like both to work if possible!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MPPs help :-/ Piggy 10 2,511 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pro_steve
  Anyone near Coventry with MPPS or Galletto? jammapic 2 1,130 30-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Last Post: td_dan
  MPPS V13.02 Software? Ricky 2 1,286 17-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Ricky