Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
The discs are already vented though piggy? Also when you get 'drilled & grooved discs' I was under the impression that the grooves were for extra bite and the holes were for dust / heat
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Aye but the grooves displace heat and dust on the pad surface as far as I know
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not that it matters. But as it is its neck breaking powerful so I don't imagine it matters :p
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 12:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Aye but the grooves displace heat and dust on the pad surface as far as I know

The grooves are supposed to swipe the pad surface clear and allow gasses built up during braking to escape.

Drilling is even better at allowing the gasses to escape, but much noisier and prone to cracks around the edges of the drill holes.

Braking power is essentially nothing to do with the brakes - I can guarantee most brakes will lock up from >100mph as long as they're in good working order - it's all about feel and your tyre grip that actually gives you braking performance.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I was sorta right. I assumed it was heat/air on pad surface that needed taking away...I would think the grooves need to be pulling air out to the edge of the disc though...not pulling it into the centre of the disc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't think you can lock up brakes at 100mph. I tried it from 150 in the fat Datsun at Millbrook. I was told to brake as hard as I could and only roll off as I felt abs kicking in ie when they start to lock up. And that was way below 100mph.
Thanks given by:
On some nice "ecochinawarrier" tyres I bet you could! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 07:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I know I'm a little late to the party but those discs ARE the wrong way round. I had a set of TarOx G88 Xantia 288 discs and read the sheet.

If that's what the manufacturer of the discs say then I'll turn them around. I fitted using what ap racing say about the rotation of grooved discs, but I guess their design works differently to tarox. Should have read the spec sheet in the first place but that goes against everything in my man instincts lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I still think im right.. Havent seen any evidence to dispel my theory?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 07:51 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I still think im right.. Havent seen any evidence to dispel my theory?

Have you not read any of the above posts!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes i have. Ruan as per usual is the only one talking sense but i still cannot see it making a difference?

Looking on google it does seem to be a very mixed bag of opinion with no precise answer too be found.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
The grooves act like vents to take away dust, heat and gasses which build up on the pad surface.

Thus if the grooves are spinning so they touch bottom to top of pad, the dust/heat/gas is expelled out.
If the grooves touch top to bottom of the pad they are expelled in towards the centre with no where really to go.

Thats how I understand it.

HOWEVER I do know some top brands of aftermarket grooved discs have instructions to fit them as Ozone has.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not much being going on recently, started a new job so busy with that tbh. Once the first paycheck comes through i'll resume the quest to get my compomotives fitted haha

Went out for a drive the other day and met up with some proper 306s :p Nice to hear the real life difference between different gti6 exhaust systems when rolling down the dual carriageway

[Image: IMG_20141005_224510_zpsac2abf05.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20141005_224915_zps682640b7.jpg]

All ive got left until she comes off the road for winter is the Hereford RR day then it'll be hidden away from the salt and cold weather in my dry warm workshop, hopefully emerging next year with a set of throttle bodies
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
It was nice to finally see this in the flesh. I wish I'd gotten my win pipe fitted before coming to this but oh well, yours sounded great.

Your photos appear to be significantly more colourful than mine, stick them in the photo thread too please. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2014, 05:53 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(30-09-2014, 07:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I know I'm a little late to the party but those discs ARE the wrong way round. I had a set of TarOx G88 Xantia 288 discs and read the sheet.

If that's what the manufacturer of the discs say then I'll turn them around. I fitted using what ap racing say about the rotation of grooved discs, but I guess their design works differently to tarox. Should have read the spec sheet in the first place but that goes against everything in my man instincts lmao

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thats what tarox say, I have no idea why AP are different.

I had always thought that while sweeping the pad surface they used the centrifugal force to throw the gasses and dust outwards.
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, this is painful... Centrifugal force... Go and look up what those two words mean and how it relates to gas/dust/anything traveling along the grooves (and their rotational direction) then bury this argument for ever. Actually, i'll save you the effort, it makes f*ck all difference. Rolleyes

Looking good Zak, even in it's current temporary capacity as a lawn ornament. Glad to hear you've got a job sorted, didn't hang around there!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No pictures from the dyno day from me, but my humble little gti6 pulled 173.1bhp! pretty happy with that from essentially just a good service and a magnex.

I'm happy to carry on along the throttle body route on this engine now, it's certainly healthy enough.

Nice little send off for 2014, my next day off will be a deep clean and then into the unit for winter for the real work to start
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good power mate
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 10:07 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: No pictures from the dyno day from me, but my humble little gti6 pulled 173.1bhp! pretty happy with that from essentially just a good service and a magnex.

I'm happy to carry on along the throttle body route on this engine now, it's certainly healthy enough.

Nice little send off for 2014, my next day off will be a deep clean and then into the unit for winter for the real work to start

Thank me later.. Wink

[Image: IMG_1953.jpg]

http://youtu.be/cdeJ8HEMlzk
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Good vid! Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Nice one trent, have some rep
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Zakk if you're having trouble with getting those ITBs on and would like to sell them to me I would happily put them to good use. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Good video and good power to!
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_20141020_134208_zpsb09f45ed.jpg]

Deep cleaned and ready for winter storage
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
you still not got those wheels fitted! get your finger out of arse will ya! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 07:41 PM)procta Wrote: you still not got those wheels fitted! get your finger out of arse will ya! Tongue

I'm having fitment issues with the brembos aha

They'll be sorted by the time it's back on the road
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 09:11 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 07:41 PM)procta Wrote: you still not got those wheels fitted! get your finger out of arse will ya! Tongue

I'm having fitment issues with the brembos aha

They'll be sorted by the time it's back on the road along with the throttle bodies

let me edit that for you.
Thanks given by:
Yeah and those :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Went out for a quick bwarp last night on the last day of insurance, truly gutted to be putting it away for winter.

Could never get bored of that gti6 bark Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Had an urge to work on something nice and simple compared to my stupid coupe, so found a ph3 nile xsi breaker and finally have myself a mint pair of wings!

Also picked up a mint bootlid, another mint front bumper and some more ph3 rubstrips (doesn't hurt to horde them lol)

Not as exciting as bodies or anything but it's a nice milestone for me to finally have a properly tidy gti6.

I'll have it on the ramp when I have the time and get all the front suspension off for inspection, clean and regrease everything ready for the new year
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: