anyone help with phone contracts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone help with phone contracts
basically i have an iphone 4s £35 a month, unlimited data calls and texts.

or so i believe

apparently my bill this month is 170 odd
when challenging them they have told me that i probably got the internet unlimited as a 3 month grace period, and thats expired.

thats all well and good but my contract is nearly a year old. ive said im paying the charges due to not being made aware that my contract has been changed, plus i was never told it was a grace period atall.

now ive got a f*cking huge bill to pay and not a penny coming in.

can i cancel the contract? as they are f*cking me about and i cant even afford the contract now im jobless anyway
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Find your actual contract you were given, thats the best way to try andfight it.

If they havent notified yo f increases then you shouldnt have to pay.
Thanks given by:
this is exactly what i was trying to say to the monkey operating the phone. but it was a year ago,so doubt ill have the contract anywhere now :/
Thanks given by:
They will still have the contract, so ask them for a copy
Thanks given by:
oh really?
because while on the phone they said i would have to find the copy of the contract to see what it says on there... lol f*cking monkeys
Thanks given by:
My advice would be to try money saving expert forum or your local CAB.

i had a problem with Orange several years ago when they put me onto a tarriff which by their admission did not exist. It cost me £300 in one month!
Thanks given by:
Yeh it would help to know what you are actually signed up for.

Im with Giffgaff and for £12 a month on a rolling contract i get Unlimited 3G, Unlimited texts and 250 minutes Smile
Thanks given by:
I would recommend moving to giffgaff if you can, not bound by a contract with them
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
yeah that will be my move if i can get out of it
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 10:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh it would help to know what you are actually signed up for.

Im with Giffgaff and for £12 a month on a rolling contract i get Unlimited 3G, Unlimited texts and 250 minutes Smile

I use the same one.
They made a bit of a fcukup with the maestro situation but thats all good now.
No contract with them is a big bonus
Thanks given by:
Not gonna help you atm, but you can cap your phone contracts now free of charge to avoid hefty fees, absolute f*ckers got me a beauty when i was phoning about cars on PH which uses those phonesafe numbers and they charge like £101981019 per minute!

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Could you not sell the iphone as well for some dollar and go to a cheaper android phone? My htc desire hd was £60 on ebay and while it's not the greatest phone it does everything i need it to
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 08:15 PM)Scott Wrote: They will still have the contract, so ask them for a copy

They legally have to have a copy of what is signed, they'd have to have a copy if they take you to court for breach - if they can't produce it they can't hold you to it, I am assuming it's like property contractual law which is what I work within as we have those rules Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
They have you by the short and curleys unfortunately mate
I see a lot of people in my line of work trying to get out if contracts

If you give me a date if when it was taken in can get holdnof the t&c of a contract you woukdnhave signed back then but they're written by lawyers paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to be pretty much water tight
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 07:01 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: They have you by the short and curleys unfortunately mate
I see a lot of people in my line of work trying to get out if contracts

If you give me a date if when it was taken in can get holdnof the t&c of a contract you woukdnhave signed back then but they're written by lawyers paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to be pretty much water tight

You would think that Phil, I work for a student accommodation provider and our solicitor hasn't ever read our tenancy agreement...

More holes than a colander... lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yeah there are always exceptions and so on but generally you are in
If they want though they will just destroy your credit history and blacklist you
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whos good with job contracts bashbarnard 4 1,316 13-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Silky