pump advance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pump advance
I've read up now how to advance the timing on my pump but I would like to know what sort of benefits would I see if any apart from helping with cold starts but my Bosch glows are fine. I've a tuned Lucas pump on my xud'd 205 and I do have the chocolate con rodded dhy lump in it so is there any inherent risk to longevity caused by advancing the fuel pump timing.

Many thanks
Chris
Thanks given by:
Much more benefit in first putting a bosch pump on it Smile
Get ground LDA n gov mod, then tweak the advance as needed Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 03:31 AM)randomcaller Wrote: I've read up now how to advance the timing on my pump but I would like to know what sort of benefits would I see if any apart from helping with cold starts but my Bosch glows are fine. I've a tuned Lucas pump on my xud'd 205 and I do have the chocolate con rodded dhy lump in it so is there any inherent risk to longevity caused by advancing the fuel pump timing.

Many thanks
Chris

You don't want to run too much static advance, if its sounding like a tin of marbles then you're running too much and combined with upped boost and more fuel you will definitely be putting more strain on the rods as well as making less power ...

a little should go a long way, especially on a unfettled 9mm bosch.
Thanks given by:
Hmm thanks for the advice, I might leave it out for a bit as its plenty nippy for a daily. It was supposed to be a cheap run around for work and good on fuel because my other car is horrible onit but three days in the new engine was ordered lol, couldn't be doing with 60bhp . What's the main difference with the Bosch? I did look into it but thought at the moment I'll stick with Lucas escpecially because I have a dhy lump, could do without throwing a rod. Does it make much more power up top or anything? Plus I don't see any smoke on my Lucas.
Thanks given by:
Bosch is just better. More efficent, easier to adjust, less smoke when tuning, just all round better.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas Advance Switch RAW 8 3,111 30-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: RAW
  406 semi ecu XUD9, lumpy/idling issues,advance woes Piggy 3 1,353 28-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Seb_Ryan
  pistion advance setting of pump Bosch niciou 6 2,203 20-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: niciou