Lucas tuning...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas tuning...
Done some reading about tuning the Lucas... And it seems there's mixed results..Is there much point in playing with the Lucas pump... Or just waiting until I can get a bosh pump injectors and lines. Also, what is the top speed of a d turbo with the standard gearbox on it?

What sort of results can you expect? Bhp/torque etc

Cheers, laurence
Thanks given by:
I've tuned my Lucas pump, making ~20psi on the boost gauge, and a marked improvement in performance over standard...no idea what sort of figures its making as yet though, gonna be budgetting for a go on the dyno at FCS, so should have a ballpark figure then.

As for top speed, i've had mine topped out at about 118mph on my private runway. ninja
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
FCS dynos are useless mate.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know they're not renowned for their accuracy, but im only after a rough figure...may end up getting a second opinion at some point, but im not too sure where the local dyno would be for me. Undecided
Thanks given by:
id take it to a proper set of rollers, my mates old vts made 169.9bhp 3 days before FCS on some proper rollers after a 12 hour live mapping session, it made 128bhp on FCS rollers..
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:02 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I've tuned my Lucas pump, making ~20psi on the boost gauge, and a marked improvement in performance over standard...no idea what sort of figures its making as yet though, gonna be budgetting for a go on the dyno at FCS, so should have a ballpark figure then.

As for top speed, i've had mine topped out at about 118mph on my private runway. ninja

Ahh nice one, mine tops out at about 108 at the moment on the private runway... And doesn't really get there that well...No where near the redline just runs out of fuelling I think, Is the pump tuning the only thing you've done? Have a feeling I've got the kkk turbo, haven't looked yet... Haha
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I know they're not renowned for their accuracy, but im only after a rough figure...may end up getting a second opinion at some point, but im not too sure where the local dyno would be for me. Undecided

Then guess.

Coz that would be more accurate. lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've tuned the pump, got a cone filter, and straight through exhaust. Did the Lucas equivalent of a GOV mod too, but i can't remember how i did it, or what bit needed tweaking, will see if i can find the guide for you, gave me a few more revs at the top end. Lose fuel about 4.5-4.7k rpm now... Wink
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:15 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I've tuned the pump, got a cone filter, and straight through exhaust. Did the Lucas equivalent of a GOV mod too, but i can't remember how i did it, or what bit needed tweaking, will see if i can find the guide for you, gave me a few more revs at the top end. Lose fuel about 4.5-4.7k rpm now... Wink

Nice one, that'd be good if you could! Any idea If it's worth putting bigger fuel lines on etc or is it not worth it/no possible Smile
Thanks given by:
This would be great info to have to hand as I'm running Lucas ATM then will be switching at a later date.
Subscribed . also what size cone filter u guys buy?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
The.biggest.cone you can fit the better
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:25 PM)Jimbo Wrote: The.biggest.cone you can fit the better

Meant inner diameter last one I tuned ages ago I cut the standard intake pipe next to battery plate and plonked filter there. Any location ideas too?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Standard my boost gauge was reading 14 psi. After some playing it went up and held at 15. Then I adjusted the waste gate on the turbo and she holds 16 psi mostly but will boost to 17 in fifth. Still needs more max fuel I think though. Not a single bit of smoke yet on or off boost :z I can only see a haze in the dark when I'm on boost in other people's headlights but nothing in the day at all
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 09:21 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: This would be great info to have to hand as I'm running Lucas ATM then will be switching at a later date.
Subscribed . also what size cone filter u guys buy?

That's my plans... Might both learn something lol

(11-03-2014, 09:33 PM)randomcaller Wrote: Standard my boost gauge was reading 14 psi. After some playing it went up and held at 15. Then I adjusted the waste gate on the turbo and she holds 16 psi mostly but will boost to 17 in fifth. Still needs more max fuel I think though. Not a single bit of smoke yet on or off boost :z I can only see a haze in the dark when I'm on boost in other people's headlights but nothing in the day at all

I get haze on boost in the dark with no mods anyway...
Thanks given by:
Open wastegate fully, close boost compensator fully and give max fuel a turn until you get a whiff of smoke on boost. I did this before I swapped to a Bosch and it was a big improvement on standard. There is a great guide on tdoc.co.uk by jammapic with more technical information. Well worth a look.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
Definitely well worth playing with the Lucas. Makes a massive difference. Just need to learn to control the black smoke with your right foot but you soon get used to that. Takes longer to read about how to do it than it does to actually do it. It's also free power! Darren Lobb has a great video that shows the basics. I'm sure the link is on here somewhere.
Thanks given by:
f*ck air filters for a laugh lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nice one, yeah found the video... might have a play around with it this weekend Smile
Thanks given by:
Any results?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Sorry... Nothing yet, can't decide wether to do it or not... Don't want to compromise realiability. I can't really afford it at the moment. Might try and get the boost gauge fitted this weekend and go from there Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 07:13 AM)306pc Wrote: Open wastegate fully, close boost compensator fully and give max fuel a turn until you get a whiff of smoke on boost. I did this before I swapped to a Bosch and it was a big improvement on standard. There is a great guide on tdoc.co.uk by jammapic with more technical information. Well worth a look.

I think you mean CLOSE wastegate lol.....
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ill be doing mine today or tomorrow will take pictures and write some guide stuff Smile
Thanks given by:
http://www.nosmokenopoke.com/forum/showt...ning-Guide

Just use this.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2014, 08:00 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 07:13 AM)306pc Wrote: Open wastegate fully, close boost compensator fully and give max fuel a turn until you get a whiff of smoke on boost. I did this before I swapped to a Bosch and it was a big improvement on standard. There is a great guide on tdoc.co.uk by jammapic with more technical information. Well worth a look.

I think you mean CLOSE wastegate lol.....

Damn auto correct?!? Blush
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2014, 05:49 PM)Lego Jon Wrote: http://www.nosmokenopoke.com/forum/showt...ning-Guide

Just use this.

Wish I'd found this before... oh well Bosch here I come Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Bosch is better, but this is until i get one
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JP's Lucas tuning guide blinkyeatu 6 2,174 29-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Last Post: daveylennon93
  Lucas and t2 tuning andyyy 45 12,858 21-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paul_13
  Away to loose my Tuning virginity any extra tips?**lucas** D Turbo Lyle 27 4,964 23-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Last Post: toseland