405 GLX D-turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
405 GLX D-turbo
spose i better start this in here, this is my daily. 405 glx DT,

[Image: my6umaba.jpg]

iv pretty much got there with upgrading the running gear/exterior/interior so its time for some more power.

the engine is in a pretty sorry state, it leaks and uses oil and water, starts like crap, the clutch is slipping and its due belts.

Decided it will be easier to build something up over summer/autumn/winter and drop it in when this one expires.

Iv always wanted this car to be the diesel sports saloon peugeot would have built. A derv mi16 if you will. So want about 150-160bhp (but obviously more is better)

Iv done td04s etc before so want something different.

Options I have thrown about are xud11 (on a bosch), hdi conversion (a lot of work) a rebuilt XUD with VNT or BB turbo.

My favourite at the mo is the illusive m-hdi, (my history is with mech DI engines in lands and rovers)

What are peeps opinions of these?

ill post more pics and bits from the build so far when i find bits.
Thanks given by:
That looks absolutely awesome!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Omg that's beautiful. All of the want

Oh, and the xud11 is the engine the 405 should have always had so definitely that
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Such a cool looking car! Been really wanting a 4x4 (t16?) one of these since I saw a video of one doing donuts in the snow! Belter.
Thanks given by:
Really like that! Not so keen on the stickers but what a great car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Xud11 would be soooo much win in this
Thanks given by:
2.1 with a gearbox mounted vnt... or a gt series big ball bearing thing Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I want to keep it kind of OEM so there will be no gearbox mounting. haha.
Thanks given by:
Looks great never seen a 406 on them speedines but looks spot on.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 06:34 PM)billythekid Wrote: I want to keep it kind of OEM so there will be no gearbox mounting. haha.

Gearbox mount it, then change the theme from "OEM" to "OEM+"?

Also, m-hdi..

(11-03-2014, 06:40 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks great never seen a 406 on them speedines but looks spot on.

And even after today you havent!
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 06:40 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks great never seen a 406 on them speedines but looks spot on.

haha for one, it's a 405 and for two they are standard wheels for some 405's . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I dont think any 405s ever came with these speedlines?
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet.

I would also say XUD11
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I only suggested gearbox mount because i think your pretty stuck for space down the back with the XUD11, might be a different story in a 405 though!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Here you go, a 406 on speedlines.

[Image: 260261_2201737481381_2859409_n_zps40424adc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking very nice! Really fancy a 405

Thanks given by:
Nice to see these still getting some love! Really miss my old NAD one. Cost me £70, everything on it worked and it plain refused to die Big Grin

High speed, magic carpet ride, awesomeness across any road surface!

Gearbox mount VNT naturally gets my vote.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 05:53 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Nice to see these still getting some love! Really miss my old NAD one. Cost me £70, everything on it worked and it plain refused to die Big Grin

High speed, magic carpet ride, awesomeness across any road surface!

Gearbox mount VNT naturally gets my vote.

SEVENTY POUNDS

Mind blown.
Thanks given by:
lol, tell me about it. Those days are long gone Sad Scrap price was thru the floor and you had to pay to have cars taken away if you didn't want to MOT it!

My best buy was a C plate Audi coupe 1.8 in metallic purple, barely a mark on it but a seized clutch and needed a battery. Literally carried a battery from home to the car, it started first touch, drove it up the road flat out in first, stamped on the brakes and pulled handbrake up to stop it as fast as possible, clutch broke itself free, pedal popped up to where it should be, checked the gears, reversed back and said cheers mate and drove off Big Grin Best £20 I ever spent!!!

Still miss the 405 more tho. What do they go for now?
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 06:56 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: lol, tell me about it. Those days are long gone Sad Scrap price was thru the floor and you had to pay to have cars taken away if you didn't want to MOT it!

My best buy was a C plate Audi coupe 1.8 in metallic purple, barely a mark on it but a seized clutch and needed a battery. Literally carried a battery from home to the car, it started first touch, drove it up the road flat out in first, stamped on the brakes and pulled handbrake up to stop it as fast as possible, clutch broke itself free, pedal popped up to where it should be, checked the gears, reversed back and said cheers mate and drove off Big Grin Best £20 I ever spent!!!

Still miss the 405 more tho. What do they go for now?

I got an Alfa 75 V6 for £100 because it had worn stem seals and more filler than Jordans tits, smoked around in it for 6 months then broke it for a total of £1400 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I do love these to bits! 1st car I ever drove was a 405 D estate, My dad nearly gave me that for a 1st car, if I was old enough, for what he was giving for it in part ex. I even offered to buy it off him, but my wages were not high enough to buy it from him! ( cover the part ex price)
my dad tho did give me a 406 but sadly he decided to sell that before I got the chance to fix it, as I would have build that instead of the rover metro!
Thanks given by:
Lol, fair play, that's good going. That's some breaker. Bet you got thru some juice tho! I bet the 405 saved me that? Tescos cooking juice was 37p a litre then. At one point I was getting 30p a mile from work for travelling. Happy days Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 07:44 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Lol, fair play, that's good going. That's some breaker. Bet you got thru some juice tho! I bet the 405 saved me that? Tescos cooking juice was 37p a litre then. At one point I was getting 30p a mile from work for travelling. Happy days Smile

Oh yeah it was a thirsty old thing, in the teens round town but fuel was cheaper in 2006 lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah I remember when I first started driving buying fiestas with 8-10 months tax and test for £100. My best deal was being given a uno turbo for free that needed minor welding. Mot'ed it spent £200 on tuning bits and raced everything for over a year till I wrote it off.
Then broke it and made £1500.
Thanks given by:
If you decide to go down the m-tdi route i have my old pujmp i build, 12mm DI spec pump, was ran on my 16v mtdi, would be suitable for 8v/16v.

mtdi with a vnt is the way fowards here imo Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 03:46 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: If you decide to go down the m-tdi route i have my old pujmp i build, 12mm DI spec pump, was ran on my 16v mtdi, would be suitable for 8v/16v.

mtdi with a vnt is the way fowards here imo Tongue

Billy, investigate this, do it now, what are you doing? Not investigating this? Thats not the right answer.
Thanks given by:
Out of intrest darren? How much you after?
Thanks given by:
150?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: