injector pipe replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injector pipe replacement
Hi all my injector fuel line scraped off last whilst doing 70mph on the motorway.
I have ordered a new set from a Peugeot main dealer for £39 but haven't got a clue on the procedure for replacing them. Please help.

Sorry I meant it snapped off where it comes out of the pump.
Thanks given by:
The hard metal lines snapped?!

That's VERY uncommon to happen - don't replace them until you know why they snapped - more than likely the pump isn't correctly bolted to the bracket, the bracket has cracked or there are bolts missing from the bracket.

I know this from experience. Bottom right bolt on pump wasn't in - caused bracket to crack from side loading from the cambelt - eventually cracked all the injector lines.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
haha 39 quid from main dealer isn't bad lol, but as Ruan has already said, find out why they snapped otherwise you'll have exactly the same issue in about a week after replacing!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 12:43 PM)Dave Wrote: haha 39 quid from main dealer isn't bad lol, but as Ruan has already said, find out why they snapped otherwise you'll have exactly the same issue in about a week after replacing!

Thanks for the advice will check them.only had one snap. Is it just a case undoing the nuts either end.
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 01:05 PM)dadaddy35 Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 12:43 PM)Dave Wrote: haha 39 quid from main dealer isn't bad lol, but as Ruan has already said, find out why they snapped otherwise you'll have exactly the same issue in about a week after replacing!

Thanks for the advice will check them.only had one snap. Is it just a case undoing the nuts either end.

yes mate piece of piss, but as the others have said, you need to find out why before replacing, probs injector pump bolts . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 01:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 01:05 PM)dadaddy35 Wrote: [quote='Dave' pid='403202' dateline='1394541792']
haha 39 quid from main dealer isn't bad lol, but as Ruan has already said, find out why they snapped otherwise you'll have exactly the same issue in about a week after replacing!

Thanks for the advice will check them.only had one snap. Is it just a case undoing the
yes iece of piss, but as the others have said, you need to find out why before replacing, probs injector pump bolts . .Smile

Thanks for all the help guys. Let you know how it goes.
Thanks given by:
Ok just to clarify keys say I've checked the pump and all is ok. To replace the pipe I undo both nuts(pump and injector ends) but do I need to bleed it after
Thanks given by:
If its only one pipe it will probably run a little lumpy while the air in the replaced pipe is purged. Should be grand after that.
It would do no harm to slacken the nut on that pipe and crank it over a few turns to bleed it though if you wanted to.
Thanks given by:
if you replace them one at a time, use tippex or something similar to number each pipe and where it undone from the pump.
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 08:08 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: if you replace them one at a time, use tippex or something similar to number each pipe and where it undone from the pump.

Good idea cheers for the advice.
Thanks given by:
Right an update took intercooler off little bit of oil but nothing major. Removed old metal injector pipes, fitted new pipes and new d seal tightened all unions up then cracked injector ends and got my mate to crank the engine until fuel came out then did them up. And............ Back to normal... I cured the hiccup when the turbo kicked in. Still have a bit off white smoke on boost and when sitting at a steady 70mph I seem to have I slight stutter. But at least I'm mobile again. Thanks for all the help.
Thanks given by: