205 with an xud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 with an xud
Hi, hoping someone with a 205 xud will be able to help me. I did this conversion a few months ago and one thing I've noticed is that in second, fourth and reverse the pivot gear linkage that sits on top of the subframe fouls on the turbo elbow when in gear. Second vibrates a lot but it goes in fine (sometimes it will grind when down changing but rare). Fourth is ok but reverse is a pig to get into gear and will usually pop out when the clutch is engaged. Wondering if anyone can shed any insight on how to address this :z

Many thanks
Chris
Thanks given by:
You need adjustable gear linkages Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is there an off the shelf part at all? did some looking a while back for some but I can only find ones suited to a gti. I'm still using the standard 1.8d linkages and be3 box with the xud engine. Is that what you've done on yours and just shortened the rod?
Thanks given by:
I will have the ones off my 205 for sale soon as I'm breaking its in d turbo box tho not sure if that makes a difference but you could buy that to if you wanted Wink

Thanks given by:
Ah thanks for that, ended up sorted some adjustable ones out last night! How much different are the box ratios? Is the final drive much longer? I have no idea what I'm revving to with no gauge but she sounds a bit high going in fifth at 70

On a side note could I then run the 306 box with the 306 clutch and fly with the 205 shafts assuming you have swapped the diffs over. Currently I'm running the be3 205 box with the 205 clutch and fly on the xud block
Thanks given by:
Yes thats exactly right, 306 fly, clutch and box with the 205 diff fitted, look at my 205 thread iv done a pretty much step by step for fitting the 306 box
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by: