quick exhaust question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick exhaust question
Sad 
Hello guys ive only had my hdi for a week or so and before i got it it had a brand new exhaust on but they skimped on changing the exhaust rubbers so was also thinking have they skimped on the backbox as it seems small and it points to the floor but after looking through loads of hdi pictures they all seem bigger and point straight out the back. The main reason i ask is because the 306 whistles like mad like i have one of those whistles in the exhaust that were popular in the 90s. Confused
Thanks given by:
The whistle might be a boost leak and yes you have a cheap back box fitted. You can get a chrome tipped back box from euro car parts. It's not as nice as the OEM one but it's not bad. The OEM one is around £90 last time I checked.
Thanks given by:
Thank you i will check for leaks is there any common places where they leak on the hdi gonna check all the exhaust joints aswell.
Thanks given by:
2nd hand 'performance' backboxes tend to be cheaper....and shinier. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Where the inlet elbow joins the mani is a common spot for whistly boost leaks, its probably covered in oil as a result. The join to the egr in the same place is also a likely culprit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
brand new complete system will probably whistle to start with as its free flowing and not carboned up

give it a week of driving i bet it quietens down

although a nice turbo whistle is cool i recon Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  water pressure (a very quick question) Magenta Sunset 34 7,402 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Quick question. bashbarnard 3 1,342 04-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Quick Stage 2 Question mattgreene 4 1,152 09-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: mattgreene