XUD into Partner/Belingo - help and advice please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD into Partner/Belingo - help and advice please?
(17-12-2014, 11:10 PM)madwelshman Wrote: Pretty sure my crank sensor is on top of the bell housing, I'll have to check though.
I'd like to keep the rev counter etc all working, so will try and use my DW8 flywheel on the XUD.
I really don't think that clutch will take it not looked at the HDi fly but that may be a option. They just need 2 tabs you will see on yours the 206 180 clutch had lots all way round I just cut them all off minus 2 works great and light weight

I will find pic tomorrow post it
Thanks given by:
Cool. Thank you ;-)
Thanks given by:
you can see how small the standard clutch is the 180 fly is same as hdi fly i think so you could do the same mod 

the last pic is my issue i have with my engine mount but in mk1 people say fits no problem
Thanks given by:
Ah, right. I see what you mean about the mounting.
So my flywheel will have the two lugs on for the sensor to read rpm. If I get a clutch kit for a 206 180, that should fit straight onto my flywheel. Plus it'll last a bit longer than the standard item Blingo/Partner item. lol
Thanks given by:
That won't work you will also need a flywheel as bigger clutch won't just bolt on if you look at pic 2 was 180 clutch before and pic 3 was after I took a grinder to it and left on 2 just like the Berlin go fly

I think the 306 hdi fly might be like 180 so you could use that 
Thanks given by:
After studying it again, I can see the difference now. I didn't look closely enough before and assumed the bolt holes were spaced suitably for either pressure plate to be used, even though one is for a larger diameter drive plate.

If an HDi fly can be used, I can get one of those easily enough.
I'll just have to attack it with a grinder though, is it?
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 08:09 PM)madwelshman Wrote: After studying it again, I can see the difference now. I didn't look closely enough before and assumed the bolt holes were spaced suitably for either pressure plate to be used, even though one is for a larger diameter drive plate.

Think all the flywheels are like the 180 or most and the van just has to be odd 

Other thing to have a look at I had a problem with temp sensor the resistors are different and I could not just swap them the threads were also different had to change the whole thermostat housing 
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2014, 12:55 PM)xudlingo Wrote:
(20-12-2014, 08:09 PM)madwelshman Wrote: After studying it again, I can see the difference now. I didn't look closely enough before and assumed the bolt holes were spaced suitably for either pressure plate to be used, even though one is for a larger diameter drive plate.

Think all the flywheels are like the 180 or most and the van just has to be odd 

Other thing to have a look at I had a problem with temp sensor the resistors are different and I could not just swap them the threads were also different had to change the whole thermostat housing 

ref flywheels: Typical!

I'll keep that in mind about the sender. I guess swapping the whole housing isn't too drastic though.
Thanks given by: