Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
Just realised that some of the info I used was off welshpug on another website for the rear axle. So I guess I owe you a thanks. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Breaking the hatch for parts mainly for my new one as it has an appaling front end and this one was nice.

[Image: aququtu7.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So cracked on today at work for the sedan. Thought I may as well pull engine out to do all the maintenance bits. New clutch cambelt, glowplugs. Casually paint engine bay as had some paint. Heres some pictures. Bitches love pictures [Image: pu8a3a6e.jpg][Image: adu7ese4.jpg][Image: a8ezuna8.jpg]

Got to put the engine back tomorrow then crack on with putting freshly rebuilt axle on. Then I can finally clean and polish to finish it off.

Also my car has now been dubbed Hussain. As in sedan Hussain.

Also just to add quickly I have no.idea how the turbo in my last car was still going. Its completly had it. Loads of shaft play oil everywhere its a wonder it didnt overun
Thanks given by:
Axle one. Brakes done. All engine work done. New bumper on. Clutch in. All little niggles fixed. Clayed and polised. That is all untill it inevitably goes wrong at some point. [Image: amuta3am.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right ive got a few plans in the line for this for next year but until then not a lot really. Had some fog lights laying about so they are going white.[Image: ru6una8u.jpg][Image: ga5avumu.jpg]

They were horribly de chromed before so be intresting to see how these look. Its mainly tidying things up now to be fair.

Still to do.
Wheel refurb
Underseal
O/s/r arch liner
Front seats swapping out for ones that suit the rear
Need some black poverty spec door cards
Black trims like pillars and bits. Ill keep updating this but its slow progress now.
Thanks given by:
nice project, shame about the 5door but nice one on picking up a sedan! at least you are guttering it for every single bit, I would. make one nice one out of the two.
Thanks given by:
Clones to go on tomorrow
[Image: 545b9ad46b273883fca9c4ddc5a5646e.jpg]

So that to look forward to. Then maybe get the horrid interior sorted. Im thinking a good meridian set next month and a few flocked bits. Might get piggy on here to sort me out. But we shall have to wait until next month for more bits. Will get pics up once they are on.

also has anyone painted there rub strips with success
Thanks given by:
What happened to the old engine Itwasntme
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Think the 205 gti wheels looked sweet on it mate
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2014, 07:12 AM)Piggy Wrote: What happened to the old engine Itwasntme
Got scrapped Sad had to go with car. Stripped it bare for mine. Wanted to keep it. There are a couple of xuds in scrappy near me though. Smile

The speedlines are ruined. Paints screwed on two. You cant see in pics. Its time for a change
Thanks given by:
[Image: 73c6994cf4082c5f4d82f3056f8de65a.jpg]

Clones on. Speedlines gone. Got the clones balanced for free too.
Thanks given by:
Is it just me or do the sedans need bigger wheels to look right..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah, they look good but a tad small, perhaps lowering it will help. Looking good though!
Thanks given by:
Its already lowerd. Just not too much.
Thanks given by:
Soo we have an issue
Thanks given by:
[attachment=19752]

Got tapped while sitting at traffic and knowing insurance companies this.may be written off. When all it needs is a new bumper. Sad not the end of the world could always vic check it and get it back on road and do work myself
Thanks given by:
have you finished off the fog lights? interested to see what they look like?
Thanks given by:
Gutting bump dood Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you weren't at fault (I'm guessing this is so from your description/the damage) you can demand your car is put back to how it was. They will of course try to write it off, but don't take it.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ill see what they say to be fair. They may not write it off. It hasnt done any structural damage( well I dont think it has will get on ramp this morning) just the bumper needs replacing. Its one of those things. If they do write it off I might argue it. It all depends what they say when the accessors come round.

I get a pic of the front fogs for you as well. Came out pretty good. Suit the car quite well.
Thanks given by:
In the rain but you get the idea [Image: f27f083035f991c65d4700ac993c5fca.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So another update. The insurance guy has come and had a look. He walked round the car and reckons its a write off because its kinked the boot lid up a touch. Only a nats diddle mind. Just gotta wait to hear back now and we go from there.
Thanks given by:
If you don't want them to write off the car then just tell them so, they can't do it without your say so. Do some reading, a lot of people seem to think insurance companies call all of the shots in a situation like this, but it's simply not true. I got stitched up with mine, had to settle for £650 pay-out for a £1100 car, all because i didn't know you could argue with them.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 08:12 AM)Poodle Wrote: If you don't want them to write off the car then just tell them so, they can't do it without your say so. Do some reading, a lot of people seem to think insurance companies call all of the shots in a situation like this, but it's simply not true. I got stitched up with mine, had to settle for £650 pay-out for a £1100 car, all because i didn't know you could argue with them.
I know they cant just do it. Managed to get a good pay out for the other halfs 205 a few years ago with an argument but that was completly fooked beyond repair. I was thinking about getting an estate anyway due to the fact my little one just seems to have more and more stuff every time we go out with him. This was sort of a push. If it does get written off ill get an estate. If it doesnt ill just keep this one a bit longer I reckon. I quite like this one.
Thanks given by:
Childs book is mocking me!! [attachment=19787]
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
Rofl
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Might have found an estate with a h/g gone. Would be perfect for me. Stupid insurance company taking there time with desicsions though.
Thanks given by:
Anyone free sunday to give me a lift to great Yarmouth. Just bought an estate with a headgasket gone and need to drive it back. You can laugh as I continually overheat and pull over on the way home.
Thanks given by:
Surely if the Sedan get's written off can you not buy it back dirt cheap and break for bits or vic check then sell? it will end up on a site called copart or something simular
Thanks given by: