Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
8:00pm

good luck
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2015, 04:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: No not in favour just from necessity really. We were thinking about buying a brand new car as a daily and having this as my toy. But seems like a waste. So the plan is to make this a reasonable daily veg runner then do something mad with maybe the 309. Even know this isn't running perfect atm i can really see the potential here though so it will be revisited at some point.

And yes tom a "reliable" daily turbo. Just a small one. Thinking about just bolting a t25 compressor housing to a t2 just to see. I know its not great but im thinking itll do for what this is. Not a balls out power build. Plus i have a friend with 4 of them from his nissan days just sitting there doing nothing.

Defo not bolting an 11mm to it although i have two heads sitting here. It will throw a rod then.

Whos your "friend"? I could be interested in one. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
8 pm. You guys fill me with hope. Always the pessimist me.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I'm betting 10:30... Not to be pessimistic but it means I get a quiet evening! [emoji38]
Thanks given by:
9:30 is my guess.
Thanks given by:
Engines out guys. Wink

New PB i think

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Update. Building up a bosch for this and all i have is 11mm heads. FML. I want a 9 for once!!
Thanks given by:
So im back. Left workshop at 1.47 in the morning. FML ran into issues trying to bodge a bosch pump together for it out of salvaged parts. Fired up and drove home fine though.
Thanks given by:
Well done again... Smile

You doing engine swaps for fun now then? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2015, 01:11 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: So im back. Left workshop at 1.47 in the morning. FML ran into issues trying to bodge a bosch pump together for it out of salvaged parts. Fired up and drove home fine though.

Glad to hear the engine is good Smile Hows the clutch?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
No piggy this one was not fun. But i wanted to have a weekend off. Well after work till 12 today anyway. Clutch is fine. More than happy with it. Think the crank pickup for the revs needs replacing drops in and out on good known clocks but thats it. Everything else is spot on. So far done 26 miles.
Thanks given by:
Very relieved to hear that Big Grin If another comes in i'll test the crank pickup and drop it in the post if its good Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Its cool man. I have spares. Smile
Thanks given by:
So as you all know i "bailed" on the mtdi. It will be back at some point. But im pleased to say this finally put a smile on my face today again and im glad i kept it and didn't scrap. A big thanks to matt for sorting the engine out as well. General plan is a "touch" more power, obviously and to keep her on the road. I really missed this car. So setup as stands. 11mm bash parts bin pump, k14 and top mount.

Setup it will be gt17, fmic, 9mm pump so nothing interesting to be honest then just get her tidy.

As luck would have it for me an 806 has made an appearance today with a snapped cambelt with all the bits i need on minus the HUGE gt17 ill put on. Lol. Should make a tidy little daily runner for me so i can turn my attention to more important things. Like a 200+bhp diesel and plans to build my next house.

As you can see i have a lot on my plate and ill keep this updated as per usual for you guys.
Thanks given by:
So i pulled the pump off the 806 to find it was semi ecu controlled so got a spare pump body out and a spare advance mech and thrashed together a 9mm pump for the old thing. 9mm will flow more than enough until i get bored again plus the 11mm on the tiny turbo is driving me mad. so made a short video of the strip down for you guys as well. overall the engine went in last friday night and i havnt lifted the bonnet once since. got to love the reliability for a change. Also got myself a xantia manifold coming to fit the front mount as the top mount is doing nothing. has no flow to it as the bonnet lining was removed for the 2.1 and i already have a FMIC to go on so why not hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrGWndCAhE
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 12:39 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Right so after a trip out this morning and a four hour drive I have arrived home in the estate that I bought with a blown headgasket. How it made it I dont know. Just to reel of some faults so far. Indicator stalk, rheostat, massisve diesel leak, massive oil leak, massive boost leak. Headgasket dead. Cambered rear beam. Crappy interior and the wrong rear view mirror. Thankfully I have all of these on the sedan that are good.

Yah one year ago today i got this car. Its done well and i still love her. Most the time. Smile
Thanks given by:
So another 9mm built for her to get the 11 off. Not needed for the tune im going for. Plus if i ever got bored it super easy to put 11 mm on this pump. So ill have an 11mm for sale soon. Got my xantia manifold through as well so this weekend its full steam ahead. To get my winter setup. There are wheels in motion for this to have "reasonable" power again soon but still reliable. Smile so ill then be happy to move anto another project

Thanks given by:
So i bought something. I have no will power. Hey ho

Thanks given by:
Can this be re-named project no will power? lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 04:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So i bought something. I have no will power. Hey ho

these not in already?
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2015, 04:37 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Can this be re-named project no will power? lol

No it cant lol. It still is hopeful that all this will work. Wink ive changed the subtitle bit for you though.

(04-11-2015, 04:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(04-11-2015, 04:17 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So i bought something. I have no will power. Hey ho

these not in already?

And sadly no. They got sent to me today i think so should see them soon. However wont be untill i earn more car funds as thats how this project works. My wages dont contribute often to this. So on that note. Somebody buy my 11mm pump so i can afford a turbo!
Thanks given by:
Who do you get your seal kits for the ve bash?
Was guna get 2 kits off darwen diesels, these any good?

http://www.darwendiesels.com/common-rail...m?id=12686

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
I get them off my motor factors get them for super cheap. Ebay if not.
Thanks given by:
People have been sayin the ebay ones arent great quality.

That kit off darwen diesel is £5 i think. Farely good value

And is the shaft on our pumps 17 or 20mm?
Im guessing 17mm

Thanks given by:
Sure its 20 mm on our pumps. Ill get you the bosch part number then just look for that. Then you have quality parts.
Thanks given by:
Yeah its 20mm. Measured 1 there now

Thanks given by:
So tonight i got my "winter setup" sorted. 9mm pump back on. Thank god. 11mm was horrid on tiny turbo. Front mount fitted. New cambelt on penny mod on fuel filter for the ol veg oil. Lots of bodges and a huge snagging list i have. Air filter to sort. Catch tank to sort. Interior gauges to sort. Properly tapped in boost take offs. Rocker cover and gasket. Oil and coolant change probably got a few more things. But im happy with the power for now while i have my winter off climbing under the dam thing. You guys are just going to have to wait for the big boost for now.

Thanks given by:
Nice to see that old engine living on Smile sounds a good winter setup with reasonable power
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yaaah conrods are here. Not that it matters yet have a huge list of things i need to sort before christmas meet
Thanks given by:
Just secured some wiring and adjusted some bits in the bay and where the battery used to sit just looks so empty! Im sure filling it with a turbo would make it feel better about itself.
Thanks given by: