Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
It's getting there now. The brakes.i bought were shot but the coilovers are perfect Smile just gotta get the axle all sorted now. Maybe next couple of weeks it will be done
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Alright mate. Be wicked when its all on. Realised how soggy my rear beam is when I drove the new 205 last night
Thanks given by:
Rip the beam off one and rebuild. You can use my puller for.inner bearing once I've done mine
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Alright! Saves me making one
Thanks given by:
So I had this lying about. [attachment=16375]
Thanks given by:
Its been a while since ive updated this. Mainly because things have got in the way. Im now being forced to get on though. the DEATH of my turbo is imminent. My clutch is stupidly heavy and my rear axle is getting worse. Also my drivers door hinge has dropped resulting in door card death! So the plan is find a dead hdi possiblly a meridian one. Remove everything from it. Door cards seats electric windows. Harnesss gearbox inner arch liner. Then break or scrap the rest. Thisu way ive got bits I need and I get to change my gearbox over when I do clutch. Also need a bosch still!!! Which I may do when I put a new turbo on it. Thinking just a standard jobby for now.

Hopefully it wont blow until pay day. Fingers crossed. If it does ill pull over. Remove boost pipe and just continue driving it Smile
Thanks given by:
Dude, I have a good K14 manifold and oil lines off the green 205 you sold me, theres feck all play in it. Most peoples seem happy at 22PSI on them.
It's yours for nothing but a hand doing my head gasket and rods one afternoon/morning.
Thanks given by:
When u want a hand? Also will it fit? I wonder if someone on here might know
Thanks given by:
I'll have to sort my rods out first and a gasket. next month or so.
Am I right in saying youv've a gt15 at the moment? Manifold will almost certiantly fit as should the rest of it.

Other thing is my TD04 if not Wink
Thanks given by:
Well ill give it a go mate. I can always lend a hand in order to gain a turbo. Smile then it saves me buying one.

Howd u know what turbos on the other one anyway
Thanks given by:
Alright! Is there any HDIs out the car at brettenham? Will be going rod hunting at the weekend so can drop it off then I'll be close ish by haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah theres a redun im going to strip. Its got everything I need. If we pull engine and box out to you can have rods and ill take gearbox?
Thanks given by:
Yeah! well up for it! I've text you
Thanks given by:
More problems zooming up fast. My clutch is getting worse I can barely push it down. So looks like with the next week or so it will be engine out turbo cambelt and gearbox all at once
Thanks given by:
So we went to get the gearbox out of another car today got it to the point of coming out then we had to shoot as didnt have time. Also pulled sump off it for pugmanxud to get rods out. Just going to remove entire crank while bok is out. Though why not really.
Thanks given by:
[Image: emeserys.jpg]. So my 306 got saved by a 306. I left my lights on. Rookie mistake
Thanks given by:
Right ive got my gearbox, my new turbo, my bosch pump, my rear axles almost done. I will be booking some time off work say a couple of days to do it all in one hit! If anyone would like any pictures I can get some while doing it. So watch this space! Also got the motor clean. Smile [Image: 3yhasehe.jpg] [Image: 4e4udyna.jpg]. Boom bosch pump!!!!
Thanks given by:
Ah mate that box removal was severe effort... Had the engine hanging off the long driveshaft and pas pump laying on front shell crossmember. with a 15ft scaff pole levering the engine round wiggling like f*ck standing on the diesel and water covered bonnet of a honda accord. Shame we didnt grab a pic really. I will when I go back for rods! was proper trashed!!
Thanks given by:
This project might be down the shitter if I cant get insurance have to buy one already bosched from factory
Thanks given by:
[Image: uhuzavu5.jpg]

Project cook now with added boot? What do you guys think. May sell mine as this is a bargin at £150
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2014, 06:51 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: This project might be down the shitter if I cant get insurance have to buy one already bosched from factory

why does it matter if it's got to be bosch pumped from the factory?

Though that sedan looks a bit of a bargain?
Thanks given by:
The insurance hate it no idea why. Im having the sedan now anyway. Im gonna break whats left of mine after ive swapped bits
Thanks given by:
Right I have decide by Monday what engine I'm using. The 170,000 mile one in he sedan that's just had cambelt and water pump. Or do I use my current one that's on 116,000 needs a belt though. Worth the extra effort pulling out the engine of my hatchback for the few less miles?
Thanks given by:
I guess it depends on if you feel its worth it, 54,000 miles is quite a bit of difference, but it does really come down to how well the engine has been looked after, my sedan has 133,338 miles on the clock and the bores still have honing marks on them, so it was looked after well enough
If youre breaking the hatch then might as well keep the lower mileage engine for spares, or if you want to use the hatch engine and moneys a bit tight could swap the belt and pump over from the sedans higher mileage engine if they are really that new, not ideal but just an idea
Get with a modified insurer! Greenlight have been the best thing to happen to me insurance wise
Thanks given by:
See the thing is the engine I have in the hatch the oil was like tar when I got it. A couple of flushes and 3 oil changes and she's now fine. Dead turbo though. (Have a spare) just really not sure as pugmanxud wants whatever engine I get shot of for his project. Might have to flip a coin on this one? Really don't know. I've got clutch and hdi box to go on whatever one I choose as the end of the day.
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks, i guess you could take the valve cover off and check the cam, and take the sump off and have a look at the bores? should give you some idea if its any good
Thanks given by:
Why would you take the valve cover off? These engine have tendencies to score camshafts? Or just to look at the gunk?
Thanks given by:
Just to check if the gunky oil did any damage. Lower mileage engine isn't much good to you if there's damage from lack of oil flow
Thanks given by:
True. Ill have a look. Ive also got to do rear axle. Cant decide if I put my slightly okish one off the hatch on then finish rebuilding the one I have then plonk that on I cant be without a car for a few days
Thanks given by:
Right bit of off car progress today. [Image: abu2e7a6.jpg] fresh set of bearings and seals in spare cross tube. [Image: 7ezezy9e.jpg] 24 mm anti roll bar which I got by accident in the scrap axle I bought Smile
Thanks given by: