oil drain options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oil drain options
Wanting a decent oil drain sorted for my turbo.

Atm I've used reinforced high temp silicon hose jubilee clipped to the block end and also onto a standard oil drain off the turbo.

Problem is turbo end always seems to leak - hose goes off, prob due to heat - and even with many hoseclips they tend to weep after a bit.

Ideally I'd go for an AN fitting turbo side - but can I then push fit this over the standard block fitting and jubilee? Or am having to drop the sump and drill and tap a new feed for the oil return?

Solutions please
Thanks given by:
Why not just get proper piping? Demon Tweeks sell it.
Thanks given by:
I've never had issues with the drain side...weird.

I just used coolant piping I had spare that was just the right shape.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2014, 11:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: I've never had issues with the drain side...weird.

I just used coolant piping I had spare that was just the right shape.

I've done this before with coolant pipe, not realising it wasn't oil rated and almost pissed my sump out just for a heads up if you suddenly develop a leak! but if its been like it for weeks its probably fine.

Tom try using some hydraulic HP rated stuff with steel bands in it, I used this with both blowers and has been fine, near on impossible to crush with a jubilee so right sizes are needed, but its damn secure. Think it would only fail if the barbs were to slip out, which isn't gonna happen on a LP return.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well mines close to 7000miles of running now Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 04:45 AM)Dave Wrote: Tom try using some hydraulic HP rated stuff with steel bands in it, I used this with both blowers and has been fine, near on impossible to crush with a jubilee so right sizes are needed, but its damn secure. Think it would only fail if the barbs were to slip out, which isn't gonna happen on a LP return.

Good shout Dave, will go have a hunt for some.
Thanks given by:
Few options really. If you would rather not drop the sump, what my first setup had was just a copper line i bent, with two short joins of rubber to connect it at each side, worked perfectly never had an issue.

Better still would be proper braided an hoses tapped to sump with suitable fittings Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: