Regulator gasket?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regulator gasket?
Hi guys, is there aupposed to be some form of gasket behind the regulator? I took mine off to clean it and couldn't see any gasket/didnt realise I might have misplaced one.

The sod is now leaking, and leaving puddles of diesel under the car.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks given by:
I think there are three O rings that go on it, you mine have damaged one?
Thanks given by:
Hmm I didnt even see any orings on the outer part, just seen the small green ome and a little white ring closer to the gauze, usually careful enough with stuff like this and cleaned my old pumps one too!

Any other hard info?
Thanks given by:
Some of them have gaskets, but not usually on the 306s it would seem, or 206s. If it's leaking it's most likely from the outer o-ring I would guess?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Which one is the outer one bud? Im going to have to pull it out here and have a look.

Ill upload a picture in a few minutes & if you could tell me if anything is amiss itd be great

[Image: 4upaty3a.jpg]

Supposed to be on that outer crevace?

[Image: 9a9y5yta.jpg]

Like so? Just hoked in my o ring box and found one that fits. Is that how it should be?
Thanks given by:
Ok put it in with that o ring on it, seems to have solved my leak. Yay me
Thanks given by:
That's right. Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks given by:
Just need to put the injector washers in tomorrow as the engine bay has become a diesel brewery.

All the holes in the head full of it. New washers and a power hose and itl be nice and dandy again!
Thanks given by:
Is that diesel not coming from the fuel line unions? Sometimes they work loose or if you've opened them sometimes they don't seat correctly and leak.
Thanks given by:
No bud its the base if the injectors, when I first cleaned it all out I put soapy water around it all and I could see the bubbles on the injectors where theres a leak.

If I refit the washers and it fills up again ill go to pug and get nes metal lines as ive tightened the unions as tight as id want to go.

Will maybe wrap some tissue on them to see if they get soaked.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the bigger black one, glad you sorted it. Your regulator looks reallllly dirty, this is probably why you're getting lots of problems. Needs to be spotlessly clean before going in, I usually blast out the hole in the HP pump with an airline too to avoid pushing it straight in to a load of dirt.

Take both seals off and wash it in thinners or the likes, blast it completely clean with compressed air and get it back together.

I've come to the opinon that on cars which keep getting problems it just has to be dirt in the fuel lines, I have a friend with one who has to clean it regularly but he refuses to fit new fuel pipes. Would be worth changing the entire filter housing if you were to clean/fit new pipes.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ive replaced my filter twice now since having the car to check on the progress & theyre relatively cheap.

It seems its clean enough, I plan on buying 5L of 2 stroke to run through it and do another filter change after that, will hopefully have it all spotless!

I didnt have the compressor out of the garage tonight, and so didnt get to blow out the inside part of the pump, but that regulator was cleaned in thinners only a day or two ago (hence the leak presenting itself). It had what I can only describe as a 'plastic film' on it, which i thought was really strange.

I blew it out with 9 bar of air tonight so it should be spotless now, ill do the pump tomorrow when I have the airline outside! It will help me blow any crap from the injector seats before I replace the washers too.
Thanks given by:
Go easy on the two stroke mix, too much and the seals have a fit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha that may have been a bit misleading lol. I dont plan on putting 5L in at once

3 - 400ml a tank is what ive used in the past.
Thanks given by:
Did wonder, that's more like it. Rofl

On the subject of gaskets, i found a metal gasket on one of my pumps, so the regulator had ALL the o-rings and gaskets on when it went back in. lol Never leaked, despite being pulled out countless times, Steve knows lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
See a friend of mine is saying every one hes had out has metal gaskets.

Im sure id of heard/seen one fall lol, ill keep trying to convince myself that anyhow :p

Fingers crossed its sorted, if not ill have to get some sort of gasket on it I suppose lol
Thanks given by:
Nah, don't worry, I've had loads out and it's very rare to see them...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cheers Steve restoring the faith lost lol.

Tell me this, have u seen one of these give a really strange fuel temperature reading before? Mine was saying 2600°C one of the times it cut out lol! This was on planet btw.
Thanks given by:
Yeah tbf it's still one of only two i've seen.

Lol, that could be part of the problem.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah it could, but is it merely that silly temperature sensor on the rail I change, or is it a case of changing a pressure sensor/regulator?
Thanks given by:
I've never seen temperatures like that, the sensor doesn't go anywhere near that of course. If the fuel temperature sensor is playing up this can limit your rail pressure and fuelling, I'm not sure what happens when it gets really hot if it cuts the engine out as I've never seen the fuel get really hot before.

Strange to see readings like that on planet, usually once you go past the range of something it will start from zero again, I think what is more likely is that there was a communication error with planet, best to exit and restart it when this happens. I've had similar where the values jump around and are completely randomly, usually a bad connection at the OBD port.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Hmm fair enough, it was a stored fault code and that was the fuel temperature reading at time of cutting out lol!

2600 degrees would melt all sort of metals lol, so I know it wasnt that hot. Im guessing the culprit is the temperature sensor
Thanks given by:
Not really, because the ECU wouldn't have the scale to read that high for that sensor. I doubt it goes much past 100C. More likely a glitch in PP2000, I'll try and find the default value for that sensor when there is an error though.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: