HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews
(16-05-2016, 03:12 PM)Ruan Wrote: Someone doesn't write maps... So....

I'm merely pointing it out because what's going on is theft... It's not on!

Oh!

I was not aware of this.

A slice of humble pie? Why yes, I'll have a large.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Suppose there are only 3 real proper writers of the maps atm for these and as far as I am aware its only really Dervtech, Pro-Steve (HDI Tuning) and Mr Whippy who I haven't heard much about recently.

Then there seem to be a few people here and there who take one of the maps from an above person and then change a couple of tiny things and sell them on as their maps :/ which is a bit harsh really.

I'd be happy to spend the money because you know it's a reliable map. Little changes can be made to suit your car or driving better, and also it means that the people that have genuinely put the effort in will get a return for their hours of work. Which will then mean they will carry on making little improvements and changes in the future Smile
Thanks given by:
Me-tm someone says what thy are thinking there is no need to bite there head off about it. From the way you have written it i can see where ruan is coming from. However theft is wrong we cant say if you did or didnt so let it go.

Back on track though, the main three that sell maps on here are mentioned in the above comments. Having a mr whippy and a jamapic one all i can say review wise is they where both a jump above standard. I do seem to like the mr whippy one a bit more. Seems crisper. but this may be because Its a car i deal with regully and actually look after so it may be the car that feels better.
But all of the above are well known for there stuff
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Apologies for the above. The way my logic (ha!) was working was that I had bought a map, and didn't know how the person I bought it from had acquired it (and seemingly didn't have any reason to suspect it either). It was a decent map though.

Moving on, who is still active in the mapping scene then, and who would be recommended by you lot? I've been off here for a while, driving non-PSA cars (what a mistake!). I see Mr Whippy hasn't got a website sorted yet, it's just a page with an email address on it.

Once I get the car on Saturday I can provide more details of its ECU for those concerned.
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day you didn't realise tbf. You just wanted to see if you could use something you had paid for for another purpose which I suppose can't be blamed really.
Thanks given by:
Pro steve if you're down south,,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Down South...

Hmm, I don't think Aberdeen could be classed as down south!

TBF all I'm looking for is a basic stage 1 to make it a little bit more peppy / driveable, not too worried about a tailor-made map for chasing power figures on a dyno.

I remember the 306 on the standard map was horrible, it would hit a brick wall at 3k rpm, so I imagine the situation in the Xantia will be the same.
Thanks given by:
pro steve check out hdi-tuning.co.uk then..

the brick wall is more down to turbo than map, although a map does improve it somewhat
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Wait until JP does one of his discounts (is he still doing them now?) and go for a S1+, you've already got a laptop and cable so just buy it online and flash it yourself.

Oh, and don't talk about illegal file sharing online, it's naughty. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm in Bristol, and I've also got a colleague with a proper MPPS tool and diagnostics working for me up in North Wales (Cowyn Bay area) if that is closer?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 02:47 PM)pro_steve Wrote: I'm in Bristol, and I've also got a colleague with a proper MPPS tool and diagnostics working for me up in North Wales (Cowyn Bay area) if that is closer?

In the same sense that Venus is slightly closer to the Sun than we are, yeah! Big Grin

I'll bide my time with this one for now. Still need to get the car and give it a good going over! I'll try to post a thread about the car on Saturday / Sunday.
Thanks given by:
So the car is a bit of a shed, but it's mechanically solid...

I can't seem to find the ECU anywhere visible, but found this on the scuttle panel... is this a valid ECU number? Apologies for being thick.

[Image: 2YTn752.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No that's not it, it should be in the plastic box behind the drivers side headlight.
Thanks given by: me-tm
Found it!

http://i.imgur.com/knOQj59.jpg

[Image: Ey0CbVr.jpg]

Looks like it's been out / replaced before, but I'm going to assume it's an '895' ECU?
Thanks given by:
Looks like it haha!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I took the back plate off the ECU and found something much more useful...

[Image: ukPLOzz.jpg]

Durr.  Blush
Thanks given by:
Ah i figured you'd taken it off of the mounting bracket already, that'd do it. lol So it's a 165.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It does indeed appear that way.

So... who do I prod to get a map for it? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
That's from a 406? drop me an email on remap@hdi-tuning.co.uk
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2016, 09:25 AM)pro_steve Wrote: That's from a 406? drop me an email on remap@hdi-tuning.co.uk

It is from a Xantia, but I'll drop you a line anyway.
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Put this down as another glowing review for Pro Steve!

Very quick service and the map is lovely. Makes the Xantia feel much more like the car it should be. Much smoother and not all clunky like the standard 90bhp map is. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2015, 09:40 PM)Frosty Wrote: I used a MPPS cable though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-In...SwPcVVq~~r
Regarding the mpps interface...
Prices seem to vary from loose change to find me a loan!
Is there a particular type/make that is popular? potentially windows 10 compatible? I can get access to win 7 if not
Thanks given by: