HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Re-map Advice & Reviews
Of course.
JP
Thanks given by:
Just had my self a map done by HDI-Tuning (Pro-steve) and it is proper good. Its a stage 1 running 125hp. It feels proper fast now and really does pull well. Car definitly seems to run smoother and on the 90 mile drive home up the motor way it felt much more comfortable at higher motorway speeds than it did before Big Grin

Cheers Pro-Steve Smile
Thanks given by:
What exactly do you need to do to a 2.0 hdi for it to be safe with a stage 1 map, and what upgrades do you need for a stage 2. I've a 2.2 pump and injectors an full stainless exhaust aswell. But haven't remapped it yet want it to be safe!
Thanks given by:
Have a look around the guide section mate, huge amounts of useful information in there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just had a stage two map done for me by HDi Tuning (Pro-Steve), really nice guy, turned the map file round within hours for me, Car pulls really well right through the range, barely any smoke, a huge improvement from stage one !!

Flashed it to my ECU with MPPS, An all round completely trouble free experience !!

A BIG Thumbs up, Couldn't recommend strongly enough !!!!

Sleepy
Thanks given by:
i would highly recommend HDI tuning (Pro steve) for any re-mapping. Ive just had two stage 2 maps written to replace my current stage 2 map (not written by steve) which was abit smoky on boost and seemed to lack power above 3.5k rpm.
the new maps pull much better through the entire rev range with very very little smoke, when flat out.

Thanks Steve
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
I managed to lock the ECU when uploading one of the maps. For a small fee Steve was able to unlock the ECU, and load the map on to it, with a very quick turn around time.
I posted the ECU midday moday and reciceved it back on wednesday morning.
Big thumbs up
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
What kind of prices would i be looking at for stage 1 re-map on 306 hdi 2.0
Thanks given by:
Message Steve at hdi-tuning.co.uk.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 09:30 PM)Jimmy-hdi Wrote: What kind of prices would i be looking at for stage 1 re-map on 306 hdi 2.0

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30057
Thanks given by:
Is there any re-mappers around the Leeds area?
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2015, 08:27 AM)Jimmy-hdi Wrote: Is there any re-mappers around the Leeds area?

Not sure who is local to Leeds. Most mappers can email you the map and then you upload it onto the car ecu yourself. All pretty easy to do
Thanks given by:
What lead do i need too upload it onto my car??
Thanks given by:
All the info you need is on steve's website

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...vices.html

I used a MPPS cable though

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-In...SwPcVVq~~r
Thanks given by:
Thanks will be reading through mate
Thanks given by:
Go with the MPPS over the Galletto as they are much more reliable and easier to set up.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Where are you based mate?
Thanks given by:
http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remapping/contact.html
Thanks given by:
I had a jp stage1+ at 135bhp and it was nice, had a lot of work done I the car (see my thread) and went to prosteve for the map, this is a heavy stage2.9, I am getting k ow end stage3 power without any fuel mods at alll.

Both maps were smooth and excellent at what they did.

Steve's map is exceptional given the platform he was given to work with. A new turbo that hasn't been commonly fitted, a huge intercooler and a goal of 26psi on stock fueling and he has delivered perfectly 174bhp and into the 300ftlb mark.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: dt_
Thats quite impressive that is on a stock fuel pump. I suppose that is probably what most people will call "the limit" with what can be done then without fueling changes haha. Nice work tbf Smile
Thanks given by:
I have a stage 1 map for a 2.0HDi in a 306 saved on my laptop. I used it on my HDi 306 I had a couple of years back.

Now, I've just done a deal on a W reg Xantia 2.0HDi 90, so it's essentially the exact same engine as my 306 had. If it has the Bosch ECU (I'm really hoping it does!) would this map be compatible with it?

If not, can somebody offer me one that will? I'm picking it up on Saturday but can provide the number plate if it helps at all.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If the ECU has the same number it will be fine. Be very sure though, if you write the map to an ecu with a different number there is a good chance it will brick the ecu.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Aye, I'll check carefully then.

If it doesn't match I'll be asking for a remap for that ECU from somewhere then!
I've already got the Galetto and all that guff, just need a map to write on.

Conversely, how do I go about finding out what ECU the map I have is for? Is there a function in Galetto that allows me to view the map file's details?
Admittedly, it's just a .bin file so maybe if I opened it with notepad I could peer into it. It's on my home PC and I'm at work right now so can't check at the moment.

EDIT: Just had someone confirm that the map he sent me back then was for the ECU ending in 592, so that's what I'll look for on the Xantia. If it's not a 592 I'll leave it well alone until I get hold of a proper map for it.
Thanks given by:
Don't be a cheapskate.

Copying around paid for maps is not on - it's theft.

There's a lot of people who will write you one for very little money, all the people on here who do sell are excellent value for the R&D work they have put in.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I paid for the map.

I used it on my old 306 HDi. I do realise that the maps are not expensive though, so can easily get another one. I was just wondering as I already had it saved on the laptop from before.
Thanks given by:
Quote:EDIT: Just had Someone confirm that the map he sent me back then was for the ECU ending in 592, so that's what I'll look for on the Xantia. If it's not a 592 I'll leave it well alone until I get hold of a proper map for it.

Says to me that you didn't...

Doesn't affect me, but it's not fair to the guys who do put their neck on the line and provide people with good maps and the great support that goes with. If people just copy round maps, you'll find that the guys who do provide an "online service" simply won't do it anymore and it'll end up more expensive as a result.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise the Cornish Derv Mafia were branching out into detective work.
Thanks given by:
It hardly took Sherlock Holmes in honesty.

No need to be an arse about it...
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2016, 03:07 PM)Ruan Wrote: No need to be an arse about it...

Says the one who jumped straight off the bat accusing somebody of theft?

But anyway, the map I bought from someone a while back and which I used on my HDi is still saved on my laptop. He just confirmed it's for a 592 ECU, I'm picking up the Xantia on Saturday so will have a peek at it then. If it's not a 592, someone has offered to help with sorting something out anyway. Sorted! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Someone doesn't write maps... So....

I'm merely pointing it out because what's going on is theft... It's not on!
Thanks given by: